Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Trade Deadline 2020

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Trade Deadline 2020

SensKat wrote:

Islanders working on a deal to get Parise. Guess they are making a real run for it.

Bissonette says Colorado got a steal on Namestikov for basically nothing

Alumni
Date:

Still work to be done? from @TSN1200. Ryan 90% chance of playing tonight. 

Sens morning skate lines:
(Ennis not on the ice)

Duclair Tierney Ryan
Tkachuk White Brown
Paul Anisimov Hawryluk
Xxxxx Boedker Sabourin 

Chabot Hainsey
Reilly Zaitsev
Englund Jaros

Confident Fan
Date:

It’s weird that they got much more out of JGP than they did Duchene or Stone. They also got more out of Dzingel than Stone

Jedi Master
Date:

Islanders working on a deal to get Parise. Guess they are making a real run for it.

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Yikes 😱 

Just waking up and YIKES 

Morning TJ.... I had the same feeling!  Thought I could sleep in a bit on trade deadline day.... since nothing usually happens until the end of the day

Thx Kat, now just got back.  JGP has signed long term with the Isles hasn’t he?  Just heard that on SportsNet on the NHL Network. We don’t get TSN here in the states unfortunately 

Hasn't been confirmed on TSN yet, but they are in talks

Confident Fan
Date:

2 shots at Lafreniere and everything changes if they can get that pick

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

Caps pick up Kovalchuk for a 3rd rounder.  He was a UFA 2 months ago.

Same w Marleau who was out there completely free 

Confident Fan
Date:

So SanJose gets a 3rd out of Pittspuke for Marleau and the Sens got a 3rd for DeMelo. Of course the Sens have a pick or two this year already

Alumni
Date:

Caps pick up Kovalchuk for a 3rd rounder.  He was a UFA 2 months ago.

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Yikes 😱 

Just waking up and YIKES 

Morning TJ.... I had the same feeling!  Thought I could sleep in a bit on trade deadline day.... since nothing usually happens until the end of the day

Thx Kat, now just got back.  JGP has signed long term with the Isles hasn’t he?  Just heard that on SportsNet on the NHL Network. We don’t get TSN here in the states unfortunately 

Alumni
Date:

JGP square has been replaced with "Player ends slump (either team)"

Russian square (down to  1 now) replaced with "A rookie scores for Sens". Maybe a few rookies get called up. 

Anything else need replacing?

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So they decided to be active all before 7:30 my time, but...

Namestnikov to Colorado for a 4th.

JGP ( ) to the Islanders for a 1st, a 2nd, and a conditional 3rd

About the only consolation is that JGP is going to a team that is unlikely to re-sign him, so Ottawa can "take a run" at signing him as a UFA with a lowball offer.

Freezing Cold Take 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

I do have concerns about the complete lack of veteran leadership on the team, now. Its great to have all these picks and prospects, but guys like Pageau are so important to the development of the next wave of young stars. Who will mentor these guys now?

Bobby Ryan and Ron Hainsey apparently.  

And why spend $5M on Pageau when we can spend $5M on the Hainsey's, Ennis's, and Anisimov's of the league instead?

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Who's on career ending injuries on other teams with active contracts?  When is Hossa's contract up?  Hockey's cap is "down for maintenance" and only showing a snapshot of the team caps.

There really aren't any.

Hossa only has 1 year left, and I don't see Arizona giving up that.

Zetterberg doesn't need to be moved by Detroit.

Seabrook is unlikely due to his signing bonuses

That's it.

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:

I do have concerns about the complete lack of veteran leadership on the team, now. Its great to have all these picks and prospects, but guys like Pageau are so important to the development of the next wave of young stars. Who will mentor these guys now?

Bobby Ryan and Ron Hainsey apparently.  

Alumni
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:

About the only consolation is that JGP is going to a team that is unlikely to re-sign him, so Ottawa can "take a run" at signing him as a UFA with a lowball offer.

Yeah, I don't see that working out.  The amount he was asking for is not at all outrageous, just maybe a bit too much term.

5 years on a front loaded contract (6.5, 6, 5, 4, 3.5) should not be an issue on a team that is going to built on ELCs and bridge RFA deals for the next 5-6 years. 

The only big contracts in that time frame are going to be Chabot and Tkachuk with maybe Norris in 22 and the top 10 picks this year starting in 2023.  By then Pageau's actual salary should be dropping with the compensation going to the RFAs who will be back loaded.

Yep.  I knew they line they were feeding us that they were "trying" to sign him was BS.  

I'm getting a bit concerned at the lack of any solid prospects or bodies coming back in all of these trades too.  You can't build a competitive team with picks alone.

Puzzling point as they are at 46 out of 50 Standard player contracts which include our LTIR dead contracts.

Assuming Anderson, Boedker, Ennis, Sabourin, Hainsey, Callahan, MacArthur, and Szwarz don't come back next season and Alsing and Thomson are in the AHL full time next season that means next season they will be at 40/50 SPCs with only draft picks and 2-3 prospects to sign.

I think that means they are going to go heavy on overagers in the draft again.  There is going to be a massive bottleneck on contracts in 3-4 years just because they are laser focused on draft choices as a means to rebuild and not spreading out the contract load with appropriate vets and young players.

Gross.  I hadn't done all of that math... it's even worse than I thought.  And how in hell are they going to hit cap floor?  They are going to do something stupid, I can just feel it

Who's on career ending injuries on other teams with active contracts?  When is Hossa's contract up?  Hockey's cap is "down for maintenance" and only showing a snapshot of the team caps.

Well there is lots of speculation that the Jets might try to move Big Buff

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Yeah, I don't see that working out.  The amount he was asking for is not at all outrageous, just maybe a bit too much term.

5 years on a front loaded contract (6.5, 6, 5, 4, 3.5) should not be an issue on a team that is going to built on ELCs and bridge RFA deals for the next 5-6 years. 

The only big contracts in that time frame are going to be Chabot and Tkachuk with maybe Norris in 22 and the top 10 picks this year starting in 2023.  By then Pageau's actual salary should be dropping with the compensation going to the RFAs who will be back loaded.

Yep.  I knew they line they were feeding us that they were "trying" to sign him was BS.  

I'm getting a bit concerned at the lack of any solid prospects or bodies coming back in all of these trades too.  You can't build a competitive team with picks alone.

Puzzling point as they are at 46 out of 50 Standard player contracts which include our LTIR dead contracts.

Assuming Anderson, Boedker, Ennis, Sabourin, Hainsey, Callahan, MacArthur, and Szwarz don't come back next season and Alsing and Thomson are in the AHL full time next season that means next season they will be at 40/50 SPCs with only draft picks and 2-3 prospects to sign.

I think that means they are going to go heavy on overagers in the draft again.  There is going to be a massive bottleneck on contracts in 3-4 years just because they are laser focused on draft choices as a means to rebuild and not spreading out the contract load with appropriate vets and young players.

Gross.  I hadn't done all of that math... it's even worse than I thought.  And how in hell are they going to hit cap floor?  They are going to do something stupid, I can just feel it

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:

We picked up Namestnikov for a 4th and minor leaguer, and getting a 4th back for him. 

The 1st rounder for JGP is top 3 protected, so if the Iles miss the playoffs  and get a top 3 pick, we get their 1st next year. 

And the 3rd is conditional on them winning the cup.. so most likely we are looking at a 1st and a second.  Not bad at all if we had other players to step into the lineup.

Unleash the Boedker!

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:

We picked up Namestnikov for a 4th and minor leaguer, and getting a 4th back for him. 

The 1st rounder for JGP is top 3 protected, so if the Iles miss the playoffs  and get a top 3 pick, we get their 1st next year. 

And the 3rd is conditional on them winning the cup.. so most likely we are looking at a 1st and a second.  Not bad at all if we had other players to step into the lineup.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.