Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Trade Deadline 2020

SensKat wrote:

So yeah, apparently the "negotiations" went like this:

Dorion: Here's our offer!
JGP team: Ok, here's what we are thinking
Dorion: Oh well, guess I tried... time to trade!

I picture it more as:

Dorion:  Will you accept a discount in exchange for all the Golden Palace chicken parm egg rolls you can eat?

JGP:  I don’t think they make those...

Dorion:  They will if you sign.  Pleeassssssse!

JGP:  Call my agent, but he’s out of the office so use his cell.

Dorion:  SURE THING PAL!

<Dorion calls office number> <no answer>

Dorion:  Well we tried.

Jedi Master
Date:

So yeah, apparently the "negotiations" went like this:

Dorion: Here's our offer!
JGP team: Ok, here's what we are thinking
Dorion: Oh well, guess I tried... time to trade!

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So Dorion is contradicting himself again... a minute ago he said that they tried in good faith to negotiate with JGP's camp, and that it just eventually became apparent that a deal couldn't be done. Then someone asked him if it was term or dollars that was the stumbling block and he says "it was neither, it was just part of the plan to get the best return for him that we could"

When a player gets traded and immediately signs an extension within a couple hours when the team he came from had over a year to resign him, that team didn't make a serious offer or that player told them no thanks, I'm not interested in what ever you offer. 

Just think about how much grief they could have saved themselves with the fans if they had been honest about the tear down from the start.  Like maybe during those town hall meetings that were a blatant disaster of attempting to control the narrative.

No endless parade of "taking a run" at signing a guy in order to sell tickets and then decry that they tried and it was all the player's fault for not accepting their "competitive" offer.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:

@tsn_wally

JG Pageau said he was “puking last night” trying to deal with all the emotions and the uncertainty  of signing a contract extension or face being traded. #sens

big deal. I've been puking over this team since 2008.

2013 hat trick by JGP v Montreal was ok, 2017 run was ok. They actually beat Boston something an unnamed team in Ontario has never did 😂😂

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

So the Sharks traded Brenden Dillon, Patrick Marleau, Barclay Goodrow withing the past week all for picks. 

How much does that help our cause?

Dillon and Goodrow contributed a lot. I thought 

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

So Dorion is contradicting himself again... a minute ago he said that they tried in good faith to negotiate with JGP's camp, and that it just eventually became apparent that a deal couldn't be done. Then someone asked him if it was term or dollars that was the stumbling block and he says "it was neither, it was just part of the plan to get the best return for him that we could"

liar liar pants on fire 🔥 

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

So the Sharks traded Brenden Dillon, Patrick Marleau, Barclay Goodrow withing the past week all for picks. 

Brenden Dillon - 59 GP, 1 G, 13A

Patrick Marleau - 60 GP, 10 G, 10 A

Barclay Goodrow - 62 GP, 8 G, 16 A

I don't think any of those really impact their season

Goodrow is their best PK man, he does a lot of their dirty work. Dillon a top 4 Dman and was their most steady at actually playing defense. Marleau in his 22nd year 🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Man we are going to have to pick up a crap load of dead people contracts to reach the cap floor next season. Bobby Ryan's salary now makes him one of the teams most valuable players.

sens acquire the contract of bob probert. 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

@tsn_wally

JG Pageau said he was “puking last night” trying to deal with all the emotions and the uncertainty  of signing a contract extension or face being traded. #sens

big deal. I've been puking over this team since 2008.

Alumni
Date:

@tsn_wally

Alumni
Date:

So who's the biggest loser (winner?) compared to what Ottawa did?

New Jersey

Subtracted

G Louis Domingue
D Sami Vatanen
F Wayne Simmonds
F Blake Coleman
D Andy Greene
(back in December)
F Taylor Hall
F Blake Speers

Added

G Zane McIntyre
F Janne Kuokkanen
F Nolan Foote
D David Quenneville
(back in December)
F Nate Schnarr
F Nick Merkley
D Kevin Bahl

Anaheim

Subtracted

F Daniel Sprong
D Korbinian Holzer
F Devin Shore
F Nick Ritchie
F Derek Grant
F Ondrej Kase

Added

D Christian Djoos
D Matt Irwin
F Sonny Milano
F Danton Heinen
F Kyle Criscuolo
F David Backes
D Axel Andersson

LA

Subtracted

D Derek Forbort
D Alec Martinez
G Jack Campbel
F Kyle Clifford

Added

F Tim Schaller
C Tyler Madden
F Trevor Moore

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

Brenden Dillon - 59 GP, 1 G, 13A

Patrick Marleau - 60 GP, 10 G, 10 A

Barclay Goodrow - 62 GP, 8 G, 16 A

I don't think any of those really impact their season

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

When a player gets traded and immediately signs an extension within a couple hours when the team he came from had over a year to resign him, that team didn't make a serious offer or that player told them no thanks, I'm not interested in what ever you offer. 

Alumni
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Ennis to the Oilers. For a 5th. Next year.

FFS, why bother? A 5th means nothing

They are never going to score another goal this season.

Homer... might as well get rid of that Ex Leafer square now too.

We still have C. Brown, Hainsey and Zaitsev.  But updated it to "BFR or ex-leaf on Sens gets a point"

Yeah, I just think that 98% of the dabs on that square have come from Ennis.  Combining it with BFR might work.

How about Sens actually win a game square. Probably a better chance to get the beavertail square.

Jedi Master
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Man we are going to have to pick up a crap load of dead people contracts to reach the cap floor next season. Bobby Ryan's salary now makes him one of the teams most valuable players.

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

We still have C. Brown, Hainsey and Zaitsev.  But updated it to "BFR or ex-leaf on Sens gets a point"

Yeah, I just think that 98% of the dabs on that square have come from Ennis.  Combining it with BFR might work.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

so Peca is going to play tonight. This game should be... dreadful

might be time to check out until the playoffs. this may be unwatchable from here on in. 

1 2 36  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.