Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 53 - Ducks @ Sens - Tue Feb 4, 7:30

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 53 - Ducks @ Sens - Tue Feb 4, 7:30

Hogberg was 1-1-5 in January. I think he might be good, but too many loser points. Take those 5 away and the SNES would be 30th in the league. A win tonight and they move up to 27th.

Alumni
Date:

I come in peace. {quack}

-Cathy in California

Alumni
Date:

A game between two bottom feeder teams. My hope for tonight is: a game that isn’t boring, no loser points, and a goal for either Duclair or Chabot.

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

3-1 sens win, Tierney GWG

Jedi Master
Date:

4-2 Ducks, Rakell with the GWG

my card

Alumni
Date:
Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

What’s better than watching the Yard Waste blow a 3-1 lead in the 3rd period to Florida?

Watching them blow A 3rd period 4-1 lead in a game 7.  

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

What’s better than watching the Yard Waste blow a 3-1 lead in the 3rd period to Florida?

Watching them blow A 3rd period 4-1 lead in a game 7.  

Alumni
Date:

My card for tonight. I might actually get to participate in the thread tonight too.

Alumni
Date:

Leafs suffering is the only thing I have to look forward to this year.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

4-3 bad guys. Hen Rick gwg.

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Plus it knocked said Yard Waste out of a playoff spot

Confident Fan
Date:

Alumni
Date:

5-3 Ducks, Silfverburg GWG

Confident Fan
Date:

4-3 Ducks Getzlaf winner

Confident Fan
Date:

From Pierre LeBrun on The Athletic:  Thoughts?

Ottawa Senators trade Jean-Gabriel Pageau and Ron Hainsey to the New York Islanders in exchange for a 2020 conditional second-round pick, a conditional third-round pick in 2021 and prospect Kieffer Bellows.

(Conditions: The second-round pick becomes a first-round pick if the Isles reach the second round and Pageau plays in at least 50 percent of the games; the third-round pick in ‘21 becomes a second if Pageau re-signs with the Isles. If he doesn’t sign with the Isles, the Sens still get a third-rounder in ’21).

My take: Lou Lamoriello brought Hainsey to Toronto in July 2017 and I think has always admired the player. Hainsey would be a nice fit depth-wise on the left side for the Isles and he’s got championship experience with Pittsburgh. Hainsey has a modified no-trade clause, but I believe the Isles are clear of it. Pageau fills a top-9 need for the Isles and his blue-collar, two-way playing style fits in nicely with the Isles’ culture.

Now, it might be that either or both of Pageau and Hainsey end up signing extensions with the Senators but for the time being, they’re still pending UFAs and there’s potential for them to be dealt. As I wrote last week, my sense is that Senators GM Pierre Dorion would try to get a straight first-rounder for Pageau and why not try given how thin the rental centre market is. But I’m betting the first-round picks will all have conditional strings attached. Dorion had a solid deadline a year ago in selling off parts, most notably getting two second-round picks plus Anthony Duclair from Columbus for pending UFA winger Ryan Dzingel.

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Monday 3rd of February 2020 01:31:35 PM

Alumni
Date:

4-2 Sens, Duclair with the winner. My card

Get your Sens Bingo card here

«First  <  18 9 10 | Page of 10  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.