Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Sens Town Halls

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
Sens Town Halls

Sens Dawg that’s very good analysis, it’s sad that EK could be gone because of an egomaniac Owner. It’s just sad

Alumni
Date:

That sucks. You'd think he'd have learned after Alfie that you need to respect your players.

Alumni
Date:

SensDawg wrote:

I took away a couple of things... First, Mr. Melnyk still maintains Alfie wanted to go to Detroit, which doesn't wash on many levels. Just be honest and say Alfie wanted more than you were willing to pay for a player that is 40+ even though you paid him $1m in his last year and he still carried the team in many ways. And second, they are not going to offer market price to karlsson. They will offer the best they feel they can but that's not what he'll be looking for. So, they are already framing the situation as it'll be his decision to stay or leave, not the organization's fault. So, I expect EK to be traded by the deadline, possibly packaged with Ryan and the city to be engulfed in flames.

Well, it has been a very cold spring so we could use the heat.

Alumni
Date:

I took away a couple of things... First, Mr. Melnyk still maintains Alfie wanted to go to Detroit, which doesn't wash on many levels. Just be honest and say Alfie wanted more than you were willing to pay for a player that is 40+ even though you paid him $1m in his last year and he still carried the team in many ways. And second, they are not going to offer market price to karlsson. They will offer the best they feel they can but that's not what he'll be looking for. So, they are already framing the situation as it'll be his decision to stay or leave, not the organization's fault. So, I expect EK to be traded by the deadline, possibly packaged with Ryan and the city to be engulfed in flames.

Alumni
Date:

So what did they say at the meeting?

Alumni
Date:

How and why did we go from "why can't we win now" to "we'll be a contender in 3-5 years?"

Also, if Mr. Melnyk is so fiscally conscious, how does he allow Mr. Dorion to sign plugs like Burrows for that much money, but will/has probably nickle and dime(d) the top end talent on the team - Karlsson, Turris, Alfie, etc.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.