Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Today they placed both Oduya and Burrows on waivers

Confident Fan
Date:

Oh oh look who Tampa has pulled off ice tonight

“Sure looks like Koekkoek and Dotchin will be scratched, neither on ice for warmups. Conacher not here too. TB Lightning”

Conacher would be a sweet pick up I’d think

Confident Fan
Date:

Freidman on HNIC says EK wants a trade. That totally sucks!! They are trading away a top 5 player

Confident Fan
Date:

Greg Wyshynski
Puck Daddy—
I truly, dearly, honestly and sincerely feel terrible for what Senators fans are going through right now. This is a waking hockey nightmare.

Alumni
Date:

Ugh who even wants Oduya? Glad for that one.

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

http://canoe.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/whole-situation-there-is-f-ed-up-unimaginable-months-ago-senators-might-trade-karlsson/wcm/be6a7df0-63bb-4b2f-84cf-dbd2849ec04c

Some of those packages are about the same price that Sens paid for Duchene, EK is arguably the 3rd best player in the game and if that’s the cost u can see why I’ve been so against what Dorian paid for Duchene.  I can’t believe Karlsson is as good as gone 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Oduya scratched today because a trade is in the works....

Thank god!

Jedi Master
Date:

Oduya scratched today because a trade is in the works....

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

http://canoe.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/whole-situation-there-is-f-ed-up-unimaginable-months-ago-senators-might-trade-karlsson/wcm/be6a7df0-63bb-4b2f-84cf-dbd2849ec04c

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Series of tweets from Bobby Mac this morning breaking down what happened:

I think I, finally, understand the breakdown of the three-way OTT-VGK-PIT trade from yesterday that was initially rejected by the league. If that is the case — me actually understanding it — the final approved deal started with Tobias Lindberg...

PIT sent its third-round pick in 2019 to VGK for minor-league player Tobias Lindberg. That, I believe, was the first deal officially done. If it wasn’t the first deal, it was certainly the most important one for getting the other deals approved.

Once VGK were in possession of PIT 3rd round pick in 2019, it could be traded to OTT for Derick Brassard.

As soon as Brassard ended up in VGK, the Knights could then retain 40 per cent of his salary and trade him to PIT for Ryan Reaves and VAN 4th round pick (owned by PIT) in 2018. VGK and PIT had been talking this past week about a Reaves deal.

The final piece of the puzzle was then PIT sending its 2018 1st round pick and goaltending prospect Filip Gustavsson to OTT for OTT 3rd round pick in 2018 and minor league player Vincent Dunn.

In the first go-round, which was rejected by the league, as I understand it, Ottawa wasn’t receiving anything tangible from VGK for Brassard. That necessitated coming up with the Lindberg trade between PIT and VGK and PIT 3rd round pick in 2019 as currency for Brassard.

That additional cost for PIT likely meant the PIT-OTT deal involving Gustavsson and PIT 1st round pick in 2018 had to be re-jigged a little from what it originally looked like. But it appears the Lindberg transaction was the catalyst to getting all four separate deals approved.

So I guess it was a good thing that they left Tampa and Dumont out of this.

Jedi Master
Date:

Series of tweets from Bobby Mac this morning breaking down what happened:

I think I, finally, understand the breakdown of the three-way OTT-VGK-PIT trade from yesterday that was initially rejected by the league. If that is the case — me actually understanding it — the final approved deal started with Tobias Lindberg...

PIT sent its third-round pick in 2019 to VGK for minor-league player Tobias Lindberg. That, I believe, was the first deal officially done. If it wasn’t the first deal, it was certainly the most important one for getting the other deals approved.

Once VGK were in possession of PIT 3rd round pick in 2019, it could be traded to OTT for Derick Brassard.

As soon as Brassard ended up in VGK, the Knights could then retain 40 per cent of his salary and trade him to PIT for Ryan Reaves and VAN 4th round pick (owned by PIT) in 2018. VGK and PIT had been talking this past week about a Reaves deal.

The final piece of the puzzle was then PIT sending its 2018 1st round pick and goaltending prospect Filip Gustavsson to OTT for OTT 3rd round pick in 2018 and minor league player Vincent Dunn.

In the first go-round, which was rejected by the league, as I understand it, Ottawa wasn’t receiving anything tangible from VGK for Brassard. That necessitated coming up with the Lindberg trade between PIT and VGK and PIT 3rd round pick in 2019 as currency for Brassard.

That additional cost for PIT likely meant the PIT-OTT deal involving Gustavsson and PIT 1st round pick in 2018 had to be re-jigged a little from what it originally looked like. But it appears the Lindberg transaction was the catalyst to getting all four separate deals approved.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Ok, so let's see...

To OTT: Gustavsson, Cole, 2019 3rd round pick
To PIT: Brassard, Dunn, 2018 3rd round pick, and Lindbergh from VGK
To VGK: Ryan Reaves, 4th round pick

Vegas retains 40% of Brassard's salary

I THINK that's everything

Hey, what happened to that Pittsburgh #1 pick

My bad, we get the 2018 first round pick as well

Shame we couldn't get Tampa involved and get Dumont back 

There's still hope.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Ok, so let's see...

Hey, what happened to that Pittsburgh #1 pick

My bad, we get the 2018 first round pick as well

Shame we couldn't get Tampa involved and get Dumont back 

Jedi Master
Date:

It's a good question, though. What did Vegas get out of this that makes that kind of extra salary worth it for them?

Confident Fan
Date:

That was probably the Jets

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

Dorion didn’t get six 1st rounders, Jarry, Sprong and World’s Best GM mug for a #2C? Fail. Sad.

#SensTwits

From John Shannon Sportsnet 

So my question...why would Vegas take money on Brassard and help Pittsburgh? It appears otherwise, Brassard was heading to a western team, VGK got involved to keep him in the east.  As I was told “Better to face him in round 4 than 2.”

Alumni
Date:

Dorion didn’t get six 1st rounders, Jarry, Sprong and World’s Best GM mug for a #2C? Fail. Sad.

#SensTwits

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Ok, so let's see...