Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
RE: 2018 Trade Deadline Thread

senior wrote:

Chris Kelly apparently has signed with the ducks. I thought he was paying in Belleville.

He was only on a PTO there and was released for the Olympics

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

Oduya was a cheap stopgap in case Harpur and Claesson did not step up. They didn’t and he was forced into a role that he was incapable of filling. Water under the bridge. Once he clears waivers he can be traded for a late pick and can stashed in the NHL as an emergency call up.

Burrows did not pan out this year, but he was a good part of the playoff run. Hopefully somebody claims him.

Jimmy O was on an AHL only contract, and has been a decent piece in Belleville. They'll need bodies post deadline and why not reward a guy with a chance at some time up with a 2-way contract.

The extension of 2 years for an older player like Burrows was unforgivable 

Alumni
Date:

Oduya was a cheap stopgap in case Harpur and Claesson did not step up. They didn’t and he was forced into a role that he was incapable of filling. Water under the bridge. Once he clears waivers he can be traded for a late pick and can stashed in the NHL as an emergency call up.

Burrows did not pan out this year, but he was a good part of the playoff run. Hopefully somebody claims him.

Jimmy O was on an AHL only contract, and has been a decent piece in Belleville. They'll need bodies post deadline and why not reward a guy with a chance at some time up with a 2-way contract.

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I have no idea why we signed either of them in the first place. (Burrows and Oduya) Oduya was terrible 6 years ago on the Jets and same with Burrows on Vancouver.

Oduya was an Ok pickup and he was cheap and 1 year.   Burrows is unforgivable 

Confident Fan
Date:

From Twitter:

“If they trade him im done, if they trade him to ****ing San Jose I’m really done.. worst prospect pool in the league...”

Now if this were to happen I’d be sorta Ok w EK hanging w Jumbo and Burns and growing his beard out like those guys

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Chris Kelly apparently has signed with the ducks. I thought he was paying in Belleville.

Alumni
Date:

I have no idea why we signed either of them in the first place. (Burrows and Oduya) Oduya was terrible 6 years ago on the Jets and same with Burrows on Vancouver.

Alumni
Date:

I believe I have made my thoughts clear on Burrows in the past and reiterated them on the past few episodes. If they can get rid of him on waivers, I don't care at all that there is no return like a trade would create. Same for Oduya. As for signing O'Brien, I'm baffled on that one. He has been pretty steady in Belleville, as far as I know, but certainly not outstanding.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Today they placed both Oduya and Burrows on waivers

Good F***ing riddance.

“We know he’s got a lot of juice left in the tank and we know he’s going to be a really good player for us.” - Pierre Dorion on Alex Burrows, Feb. 27, 2017.

a few on here didn’t think this would work out, especially that stupid 2 year extension 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Good F***ing riddance.

Why now. Bit late. Might as well have let them play out the season.

Confident Fan
Date:

We’ve tried drafting a franchise player before, and it hasn’t worked for us yet,” claimed Melnyk. “But using that first round pick on a shirtless overweight man who has painted himself to match our team colours… now that sounds like a recipe for success. Just look at Toronto, they didn’t start winning until Dart Guy showed up. He’s truly the MVP of that franchise.”

Hmmmmm sounds promising and outside the box

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

oh, and they signed Jim O'Brien

They did not, I absolutely refuse to believe this

They did.  Signed him and then put him on waivers.

It's a ploy for Tampa to claim him, so they will have to put Dumont on waivers then the Sens can claim him back. 

That’s truly funny, because there is a large element of truth to it, diabolically.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

It's a ploy for Tampa to claim him, so they will have to put Dumont on waivers then the Sens can claim him back. 

lol.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

i can't believe this guy still plays hockey anywhere. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Good F***ing riddance.

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

From Twitter: in case everyone on here isn’t on Twitter there’s a bunch of unhappy fans and bloggers there.  Who knew, huh?

Once EK is sold off, all the #Sens have left as their defining feature, their sole distinction around the NHL, is having a repugnant owner. Melnyk has no internal competition now. He’s devoured everyone as a sacrifice to his ego and vanity. It’s an alpha male pursuit only.

Jedi Master
Date:

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  >  Last»  | Page of 7  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.