Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

From @DownGoesBrown

20 years ago this week, the Senators and Flyers played a legendary game that set the NHL's all-time record for penalty minutes.

Today, I've got all 419 PIM from that infamous game, ranked from least to most ridiculous.

All 419 PIM from the 2004 Flyers-Senators brawl, ranked from least to most ridiculous

Alumni
Date:

Norris is out long term. again. You have to wonder about his career at this point. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Chrychrun and his Dad are blocking Sens fans on social media platforms, he doesn’t block anyone from getting to the net yet he’s concerning himself with idiots on social media platforms. He’s finished in Ottawa if he and his family are this far in the woods.

Pierre Dorian traded multiple 1st round picks for this guy and DeBrincat and couldn’t have been more wrong unless he went out and bought multiple goalies to long term contracts to a team that hasn’t been close to a playoff spot in 8 years now

Alumni
Date:

So the Sens lose to Anaheim and Chicago, two of the leagues bottom teams and get 3/4 points vs Tampa and Florida, two of the upper teams in the league. 

Some would say that the Sens played down to their opponents skills. 

I say... 

NotGoodEnoughToPlayDownToTheirLevel.png

Attachments
Confident Fan
Date:

From Ian Mendes on Twitter and Jacques Martin speaking below:

“I was honest, I was kind of emotional about it.
Because I really liked our guys, I think they're great kids. But they weren't progressing like they should.
I was blunt with them. I said, 'I'm an old man. Been in this league for 35 years. I'll tell you right now, if you don't make a commitment to playing without the puck, you're never going to win. You've got great skills, great talent. So it's up to you. At some point here, you've got to learn lessons from game to game.
And I give them the credit. I think they've grown. And it's congratulations to them to making that commitment and playing within the structure.

Alumni
Date:

Best Sens moment of the year. 

https://twitter.com/Senators/status/1755291081795584357

Alumni
Date:

Jason Spezza's brother Matthew died of an accidental overdose over the weekend. He was only 37.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

There’s a documentary on amazon about Alex daigle. 

Pronger #2 Kariya #4 Niedermeyer #5 woulda been just a bit better choices 

"Nobody remembers who was in a documentary."

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Pronger #2 Kariya #4 Niedermeyer #5 woulda been just a bit better choices 

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

After last nights debacle, I think its time for a serious move by Jacques to get these guys pissed off and band together, kind of like the bag skate in miracle on ice. its time he started benching guys for periods at a time and, hear me out, maybe timmy should sit for a game. Not necessarily because of performance but to reset his brain. He's spinning in circles out there. I'd say the same thing about Chuckie but I don't think you can do that to the captain. If you want to get their attn, that would do it. 

now, cap space could make a move like this tough, but that's not my problem. 

These are all good points and it shows you still care unlike most of the fans and players at this point. This is a total crap 💩 show and Dorian infected this team for too damn long in my opinion. Trading 1st round picks when you aren’t close to the playoffs is the stupidest damn thing you do in professional sports. 

Alumni
Date:

After last nights debacle, I think its time for a serious move by Jacques to get these guys pissed off and band together, kind of like the bag skate in miracle on ice. its time he started benching guys for periods at a time and, hear me out, maybe timmy should sit for a game. Not necessarily because of performance but to reset his brain. He's spinning in circles out there. I'd say the same thing about Chuckie but I don't think you can do that to the captain. If you want to get their attn, that would do it. 

now, cap space could make a move like this tough, but that's not my problem. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
The sens top 6, over the last 5 games:

Norris 0G 0A
Batherson 1G 1A
Tkachuk 0G 3A
Stutzle 0G 1A
Tarasenko 2G 0A
Giroux 1G 2A

4 goals. 5 games. 6 players.

Zack MacEwan has more goals than Norris, Stutzle and Tkachuk combined.

The new owners were not prepared for the level of suckage they bought into and their myopic stance of staying the course. They had zero plans if and when the team went bad. 

Alumni
Date:

The sens top 6, over the last 5 games:

Norris 0G 0A
Batherson 1G 1A
Tkachuk 0G 3A
Stutzle 0G 1A
Tarasenko 2G 0A
Giroux 1G 2A

4 goals. 5 games. 6 players.

Zack MacEwan has more goals than Norris, Stutzle and Tkachuk combined.

Confident Fan
Date:

Between Gustavsson in Minnesota and this with ex- Senators goal tenders. My God Dorian needed to be gone so much sooner

Seattle Times headline today

“The NHL’s latest darling? None other than Kraken goalie Joey Daccord”

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Russell wrote:
ShanghaiSenator wrote:
Russell wrote:

I don't want to pile on but I just heard DJ's interview on the radio in which he said he wouldn't change the way he coached the team. Uuummmmmm, 4 plus years of failure, the team is STILL in last place and you wouldn't change anything? That might explain a lot of things. 

I think it's pretty obvious by now that just changing coaches isn't going to do the trick. If a coaching change isn't going to work, the next logical step has to be changes to the roster.

It's pretty safe to assume that the playoffs are out of reach this season and that other teams' GMs will be approaching the Sens as the trade deadline approaches. So which players should we consider moving? Off the top of my head, I'll say that Tarasenko, Chabot, and (as much as I don't like to admit it) Giroux are prime candidates. As the playoffs draw close, contenders can get a little silly and overpay for what they think is "that one missing piece" that will put them over the top. It could be a good opportunity that will pay dividends in the future.

Any thoughts? 

Tarasenko is the obvious one. Big savings, likely won'y have to include anything to move him, maybe retain a bit of salary. I'd hate to see G go, they need him so much, but he might want out. Chabot, we need him. I want to see what some time under a real coach will do to him. Batherson being a winger is a maybe. Norris, needs to show drastic improvement but is a center. Kubalik, good riddance. 

Oh, and Brainstorm. he would be a good fit in someone's top four that needs a puck mover but does not fit as a 5-6 here. Flip him for a bigger, stay at home type. 

Staios and Poulin have their hands full and hiring a head coach is right up there in importance with this trade deadline. They have to get Pinto signed too before any of that too. Podcasters and others thought Kubalik would be productive, he needs to go back to Europe and suck. 

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
ShanghaiSenator wrote:
Russell wrote:

I don't want to pile on but I just heard DJ's interview on the radio in which he said he wouldn't change the way he coached the team. Uuummmmmm, 4 plus years of failure, the team is STILL in last place and you wouldn't change anything? That might explain a lot of things. 

I think it's pretty obvious by now that just changing coaches isn't going to do the trick. If a coaching change isn't going to work, the next logical step has to be changes to the roster.

It's pretty safe to assume that the playoffs are out of reach this season and that other teams' GMs will be approaching the Sens as the trade deadline approaches. So which players should we consider moving? Off the top of my head, I'll say that Tarasenko, Chabot, and (as much as I don't like to admit it) Giroux are prime candidates. As the playoffs draw close, contenders can get a little silly and overpay for what they think is "that one missing piece" that will put them over the top. It could be a good opportunity that will pay dividends in the future.

Any thoughts? 

Tarasenko is the obvious one. Big savings, likely won'y have to include anything to move him, maybe retain a bit of salary. I'd hate to see G go, they need him so much, but he might want out. Chabot, we need him. I want to see what some time under a real coach will do to him. Batherson being a winger is a maybe. Norris, needs to show drastic improvement but is a center. Kubalik, good riddance. 

Oh, and Brainstorm. he would be a good fit in someone's top four that needs a puck mover but does not fit as a 5-6 here. Flip him for a bigger, stay at home type. 

Alumni
Date:

ShanghaiSenator wrote:
Russell wrote:

Any thoughts? 

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

Any thoughts? 

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Staios now full time GM and Dave Poulin who is on the radio show there in Ottawa is now in the front office too. Poached away just like Pierre McGuire was

I just heard about this. Excellent news!

Looked up what he's done in front office of organizations.

Post-playing career

Poulin spent 10 years as head hockey coach at his alma mater, the University of Notre Dame. In 2004, Poulin was inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame.[1] On July 23, 2009, Toronto Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke introduced Poulin as the club's new Vice-President of Hockey Operations. In January 2013, Poulin began serving as the GM of the Toronto Marlies.

On July 22, 2014, the Maple Leafs announced that they had fired Poulin.[2] He has since joined TSN as a hockey analyst on radio and TV.[3] He is also a freelance contributor to the Toronto Star newspaper.

He also went undrafted as a player.

he specialized as a defensive forward when he played. This just in: They can use that.

He was captain of the Flyers I think he said. How effective of a player was he and if I remember right he was young when named Captain. I liked him on the radio/podcasts

« First  <  Page 9  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.