Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

senior wrote:

Apparently Pierre McGuire has been fired by the Sens. Not sure why he was ever there.                            y

Dorians first move of the summer is to fire the guy who may have replaced him at one time. Self preservation at its finest. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Apparently Pierre McGuire has been fired by the Sens. Not sure why he was ever there.                            y

Confident Fan
Date:

I didn't know anything about this accrued debt, that seems to me it could be a problem.

"Postmedia’s James Bagnall believed that the franchise had accrued $250 million worth of debt. If that is the case, it is hard to imagine that this franchise will be able to move forward in its current state. After being refinanced with presumably high-interest rates, without any significant revenue boosts coming into the fold, I just don’t understand how this current group can stabilize this franchise and help realize the long-term vision of an arena at LeBreton Flats." This is from a Graeme Nichols article

Alumni
Date:

I was a visionary.

https://twitter.com/brittlestar/status/1517215582323716096

Alumni
Date:

this was after Sunday's game. Brady gets it. 

FPc06CFXMAIJjIi.jpg

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I just saw it too.... I didn't realize he was only 62 either. I also didn't know he had been sick. (Recently)

Yeah, he did have that liver transplant a few years ago and lost weight following that. I can't remember when was the last time I saw him, but he was more frail looking.  Going through something like that ages you. Not sure if his recent issues were related to that or not.  Definitely unexpected. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Unexpected news. RIP Eugene Melnyk.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Ian Mendes wrote a fair and honest piece on Melnyk this morning in The Athletic and here’s something I forgot completely about and did get a chuckle from this:

(When some suggested the Senators should rebuild their team during a downward spiral in the 2008-09 season, Melnyk responded with one of the most colourful quotes of his tenure in Ottawa.

“Anybody that says we should blow up this organization should get their own bomb and blow themselves up,” Melnyk told a news conference.)

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 29th of March 2022 10:37:38 AM

LOL

Confident Fan
Date:

Ian Mendes wrote a fair and honest piece on Melnyk this morning in The Athletic and here’s something I forgot completely about and did get a chuckle from this:

(When some suggested the Senators should rebuild their team during a downward spiral in the 2008-09 season, Melnyk responded with one of the most colourful quotes of his tenure in Ottawa.

“Anybody that says we should blow up this organization should get their own bomb and blow themselves up,” Melnyk told a news conference.)

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 29th of March 2022 02:24:00 PM

Alumni
Date:

I just saw it too.... I didn't realize he was only 62 either. I also didn't know he had been sick. (Recently)

Alumni
Date:

I just heard the news. I'm....speechless. 

Alumni
Date:

He was 62. I thought he was in his 70's. 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Holy crap. Didn't expect to see that come across my feed. RIP Eugene.

holy crap is right. geez

Alumni
Date:

Holy crap. Didn't expect to see that come across my feed. RIP Eugene.

Jedi Master
Date:

Sad and unexpected news.

Confident Fan
Date:

RIP Eugene Melnyk

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

For those not from Ottawa, what's your origin story?  lol

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/kale-baire-twitter-kansas-ottawa-senators-fan-1.6392999?cmp=rss

"In 2007, 11-year-old Kale Baire…"

Call me crazy, but I don't think I'm going to relate to this guy.

{looks at picture}

Geez, are they sure they got his age right?

Being a Sens fan ages some more than others I guess. lol

truth 

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/kale-baire-twitter-kansas-ottawa-senators-fan-1.6392999?cmp=rss

{looks at picture}

Being a Sens fan ages some more than others I guess. lol

Jedi Master
Date:

So my understanding so far of the Dadonov contract situation....

He had a modified NTC. Submitted his list to Ottawa prior to the required deadline. Vegas was not on the list, so he was traded to them. They were aware of the NTC, but were told that no list had been provided, which would have made the clause invalid.

Dadonov's agent has provided proof that the list was indeed submitted to Ottawa on time. So yep..... this appears to be a colossal f-up on Ottawa's part.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

{looks at picture}

Page 1  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.