Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

Sens sign galchenyuk. 

meh. 

Alumni
Date:

With Tierney and Brown signing extensions it looks like the roster is filled out for next season.

Assuming:
"Kids" up: Stuetzle, Norris, Formenton, Wolanin, Batherson, Balcers, Brannstrom, Beaudin (extra)
"Kids" in AHL: L. Brown, Jaros, Chlapik
LTIR: Nilsson, Gaborik ($7.45M Cap / $1.095M Salary)
Dead Cap (Phaneuf and Ryan) - $4.9375M

Cap Total - $70.12M
Salary Total - $54.09M ($48M actual roster)

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Clearly we're going to need new bingo cards this year. Do we have any Sens returning besides like white and chabot?

Was thinking about that.  Here is the list from last year.  I already moved some.  We could replace/add some depending on who is on the team. 

"LUBE!",

"WHAT?!",

"AYKM!",

"Milestone point for player on other team",

"Milestone point for Sens' player",

"Sens Hit a Post",

"Other team hits post",

"Sens take dumb penalty",

"Other team scores in 1st 90 secs of game",

"Sens get 1st PP",

"Too Many SNES",

"Sens take 1st penalty",

"Sens Score 1st",

"Teams score within 60 secs of each other",

"Sens score on the PP",

"Sens score SH"

"Short handed goal against",

"OutShot in 1st Period",

"Outshot in 2nd Period",

"OutShot in 3rd Period",

"Sens Outshoot, but still lose",

"Chuckie Scores!",

"Rookie gets a point for Sens",

"Chabot plays more than 28 mins",

"Defenceman Scores for Sens",

"Game goes to SO",

"Game goes to OT",

"Hat trick either team",

"Shutout for other team",

"Either team EN goal",

"Player ends slump (either team)",

"Goal scored in last minute of period (either team)",

"Goal scored on a deviation (either team)",

"Either team pulls goalie",

"Fight (anyone on ice)",

"Sens give up break away",

"Timeout called (either team)",

"Hands of Condra",

"Coach's Challenge goes Sens way",

"Coach's Challenge doesn't go Sens way",

"Peel / O'Rourke is reffing / Refs suck",

"Sens Goal called back",

"Other team starts backup",

"Someone in game thread gets GWG",

Commented out, but can be added

//"Beavertails, nom, nom nom",

//"Sens can't score on a 5-on-3 (min 30 secs)",

Removed

xx "Boro gets a goal/assist",

xx "Boro injured, applies dirt, comes back",

xx "Duclair Scores!",

xx "BFR or ex-leaf on Sens gets a point",

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Clearly we're going to need new bingo cards this year. Do we have any Sens returning besides like white and chabot?

We could have a square "Someone who's name you recognize scores".

come on, give us a chance!

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

We could have a square "Someone who's name you recognize scores".

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
Russell wrote:

So, what do we know about this dadonov guy?

Could give Senior a good run for his money on the number of pastries consumed in a game.

FAT BASTARD!

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

Could give Senior a good run for his money on the number of pastries consumed in a game.

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

The good news is he’s only on the books for 3 years and the new theme w the Sens is they are big!! In the draft and between Gudbranson and Watson here they are big!!

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Just read a write up on Austin Watson. Substance abuse problems, domestic violence problems. Sens becoming the NHL's garbage dump.

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
ShanghaiSenator wrote:

Maybe Duclair just wanted out. Who could blame him?

Likely, but now you've just shown the other RFAs the way to get out of dodge.  Has Dorion actually taken anyone to arbitration yet?  Hoffman was on Murray's watch no?

But as much as I want to demonize the shady ways the team is being run, in doing the math they will meet the cap floor this year with minimal extensions to:

Tierney (4.5M AAV) - 1/2 years

C. Brown (4.1M/AAV) - 5 years

Murray (6M/AAV) - 3 years

and the rest of the RFAs between 0.875M-1M.

Comes out to 63M on the cap (52M salary)

That's with 12.45M in dead cap (6M actual salary) in Gaborik, Nilsson, the ghost of Bobby Ryan, and the ghost of Dion Phaneuf. 

That's a thin line of cap in/cap out for when they try and trade away the extra bodies at the trade deadline this year.

One down (6.25M/AAV) - 4 Years

A smart thing to do would be to claim Tyler Johnson off waivers if Detroit doesn't.

$3.75 salary/$5M cap hit.  Give him a chance to rebound with a bigger role and then let Seattle take him in the expansion draft (Kraken local boy).  If not, he's trade-able next year with a 20 team list instead of the full NTC he has now.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Friday 9th of October 2020 02:34:02 PM

Murray signs a huge contract, truthfully he's been less than average for 3 full years now since he helped the Pens win 2 back to back Cups. He was surrounded by a team that you have to believe is a tad bit better than these Senators. What gives anyone the idea to pay him that much and he's just going to recapture what he had in the 16 and 17 playoff runs? The guys on Pitts radio all were completely done w him and thought Rutherford pulled off a heist. It's been 3 full years since he was a the top of his game why the rush to reward him? 

Alumni
Date:

Ryan signed with Detroit. I could not be happier for him that he's getting one more chance. 

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
ShanghaiSenator wrote:

Maybe Duclair just wanted out. Who could blame him?

Likely, but now you've just shown the other RFAs the way to get out of dodge.  Has Dorion actually taken anyone to arbitration yet?  Hoffman was on Murray's watch no?

But as much as I want to demonize the shady ways the team is being run, in doing the math they will meet the cap floor this year with minimal extensions to:

Tierney (4.5M AAV) - 1/2 years

C. Brown (4.1M/AAV) - 5 years

Murray (6M/AAV) - 3 years

and the rest of the RFAs between 0.875M-1M.

Comes out to 63M on the cap (52M salary)

That's with 12.45M in dead cap (6M actual salary) in Gaborik, Nilsson, the ghost of Bobby Ryan, and the ghost of Dion Phaneuf. 

That's a thin line of cap in/cap out for when they try and trade away the extra bodies at the trade deadline this year.

One down (6.25M/AAV) - 4 Years

A smart thing to do would be to claim Tyler Johnson off waivers if Detroit doesn't.

$3.75 salary/$5M cap hit.  Give him a chance to rebound with a bigger role and then let Seattle take him in the expansion draft (Kraken local boy).  If not, he's trade-able next year with a 20 team list instead of the full NTC he has now.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Friday 9th of October 2020 02:34:02 PM

Alumni
Date:

Did the sens pick up some dman named Brown?

Alumni
Date:

With Gudbranson in the fold that jumps them closer to the floor at $4M cap for $3M salary.

They may not need Gaborik now to reach the floor. One year LTIR contracts might have value now around the league.
Crazy trade idea: Gaborik ($4.875M Cap / $600k salary) for Stepan ($6.5M cap / $2M Salary)

Helps Arizona with their cap and salary crunch and Ottawa has a player to replace Tierney at a lower cost and is not spending $600k on Gaborik to not play.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Friday 9th of October 2020 12:04:59 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

Eric Gudbranson come on down. Local Boy, Buy Tickets!

About the only FYOUS I’m seeing are the ones that Dorion is giving to Jaros.

Other than being overpaid and slow and can’t play Defense anymore that’s a great pickup. Mezsaros and Ceci will look like Bobby Orr compared to Gudbranson and I’m going to be Kraken fan and give this management and ownership group the boot if this works out like it looks like it will.

Alumni
Date:

Eric Gudbranson come on down. Local Boy, Buy Tickets!

About the only FYOUS I’m seeing are the ones that Dorion is giving to Jaros.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:

You watch the sports news and they talk about all the other teams and what they are doing to try and get better. Then there's the Sens who are dumping all their fan favourites and trying to sign dead players and invalids to get to the cap floor. The Sens love to talk about all the draft picks they have and how good they will be in a few years. But as one guy on Sportsnet said " all the Sens have are a hand full of magic beans and dreams". As the Oiler fans can attest to, high draft picks don't guarantee success.

Silly me, I was actually optimistic that they are clearing space and going to weaponize that cap space and try and really get better. Taking advantage of the teams that are at the cap etc. I was actually optimistic till I read you're guys posts here and I was rightfully brought back to Melnyk reality.  I don't know what got into me being optimistic!?! Melnyk is a true downer, Pan is very optimistic that Dorian and Melnyk can't screw up this draft but I keep thinking Melnyk is there lurking, with the prospect of doing something stupid at all times.

You can't discount the possibility. 

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

You watch the sports news and they talk about all the other teams and what they are doing to try and get better. Then there's the Sens who are dumping all their fan favourites and trying to sign dead players and invalids to get to the cap floor. The Sens love to talk about all the draft picks they have and how good they will be in a few years. But as one guy on Sportsnet said " all the Sens have are a hand full of magic beans and dreams". As the Oiler fans can attest to, high draft picks don't guarantee success.

Silly me, I was actually optimistic that they are clearing space and going to weaponize that cap space and try and really get better. Taking advantage of the teams that are at the cap etc. I was actually optimistic till I read you're guys posts here and I was rightfully brought back to Melnyk reality.  I don't know what got into me being optimistic!?! Melnyk is a true downer, Pan is very optimistic that Dorian and Melnyk can't screw up this draft but I keep thinking Melnyk is there lurking, with the prospect of doing something stupid at all times.

Page 1  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.