Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Pie Connoisseur
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

ShanghaiSenator wrote:
senior wrote:

You watch the sports news and they talk about all the other teams and what they are doing to try and get better. Then there's the Sens who are dumping all their fan favourites and trying to sign dead players and invalids to get to the cap floor. The Sens love to talk about all the draft picks they have and how good they will be in a few years. But as one guy on Sportsnet said " all the Sens have are a hand full of magic beans and dreams". As the Oiler fans can attest to, high draft picks don't guarantee success.

Great post, Senior! You nailed it.

I am always a little envious of NHL players who get bought out. If only my former employers would pay me not to work for them!

Boro, Andy, and BFR must be happy to be moving on and looking forward to whatever the future has in store for them. Morale in the entire organization must be extremely low and every single player must be looking forward to getting out ASAP. Who in their right mind would want to stay? And good luck attracting any quality free agents!

The poor kids at the entry draft are going to be sitting there in borrowed ties and jackets with nervous forced smiles, all the while thinking "please not Ottawa! please not Ottawa!"

lebreton-flats-arena-quand-les-simpsons-se-moquent-du-projet-illus.jpg

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

You watch the sports news and they talk about all the other teams and what they are doing to try and get better. Then there's the Sens who are dumping all their fan favourites and trying to sign dead players and invalids to get to the cap floor. The Sens love to talk about all the draft picks they have and how good they will be in a few years. But as one guy on Sportsnet said " all the Sens have are a hand full of magic beans and dreams". As the Oiler fans can attest to, high draft picks don't guarantee success.

Great post, Senior! You nailed it.

I am always a little envious of NHL players who get bought out. If only my former employers would pay me not to work for them!

Boro, Andy, and BFR must be happy to be moving on and looking forward to whatever the future has in store for them. Morale in the entire organization must be extremely low and every single player must be looking forward to getting out ASAP. Who in their right mind would want to stay? And good luck attracting any quality free agents!

The poor kids at the entry draft are going to be sitting there in borrowed ties and jackets with nervous forced smiles, all the while thinking "please not Ottawa! please not Ottawa!"

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Its not likely but I hope he gets another chance someplace. I'd like to see if he has anything left now that he's got his issues under control. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

This is getting ridiculous. What exactly is the point of buying out BFR at this point? It's like they are deliberately getting rid of every player that the fans might have some kind of emotional attachment to.

The only thing this does is open a roster spot and save real cash this year.

The glaring thing this tells me is that they are trying to get as many Belleville guys in the NHL as possible (Ready or not).  The rest will stay in juniors, Europe, college, or loaned elsewhere and Belleville won’t have a team this year.

Watch them walk away from the arbitration awards to the RFAs next.

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

This is getting ridiculous. What exactly is the point of buying out BFR at this point? It's like they are deliberately getting rid of every player that the fans might have some kind of emotional attachment to.

Are they gonna be able to make the cap floor?

Not at the rate they are going.  And didn't they already get investigated last year for trying to circumvent it?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Are they gonna be able to make the cap floor?

Jedi Master
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Talk about a bad look for the team: the guy who wins a LEAGUE award for overcoming adversity? Sorry, you are out of here. Congrats, get out. This means the teams needs to find even more spending to get to the cap floor. Less than two weeks until the “franchise-defining moment”, and they create another one.

Alumni
Date:

Remember that feel good story about Bobby fighting his demons and battling back to live up to his deal in the 2020-2021 Redemption Tour?

Melnyk: Hold my beer (Caesar)...

Now just put Nilsson on LTIR and we have Anisimov/Hainsey as our only vets.

Go Team FYOUS!

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Friday 25th of September 2020 12:41:03 PM

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So this season we are officially parting ways with both Boro and Andy. Remind me why I would keep watching again?

Andy was the best, total pro. Sadly, his best years were mostly wasted here. Also losing a quality person in Boro. BTW, after al these years, dorion still can't pronounce his name right. 

Sad to see Andy go but I say good for him. Hopefully he can catch on with a contender and play games that really count. Also sad to see Boro go. He will sign with another team but probably end up as a number 5 or 6 guy.

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

Not surprising, but at least they finally kind of found the honesty factor. Too bad it’s been plastered with so much BS over the years that even then it comes off as two faced.

Now who’s ready to draft Sanderson at 5 so they can use him as a reason to trade Chabot before the big bucks and NMC come into play?

Boy, I'm not even this cynical, LOL. Sheesh, they are supposedly building toward something no way in hell this can happen. He's a  starter on Team Canada defense next Olympics. Sanderson should be an awesome pick at 5 even though I don't want him I want Raymond or Perfetti or Rossi. Offense. But if they take Drysdale or Sanderson good on them they need top quality D so they can quit running around in their own end all the time.

If they did something like that AO I would just let Ottawa go...

Alumni
Date:

Not surprising, but at least they finally kind of found the honesty factor. Too bad it’s been plastered with so much BS over the years that even then it comes off as two faced.

Now who’s ready to draft Sanderson at 5 so they can use him as a reason to trade Chabot before the big bucks and NMC come into play?

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So this season we are officially parting ways with both Boro and Andy. Remind me why I would keep watching again?

Andy was the best, total pro. Sadly, his best years were mostly wasted here. Also losing a quality person in Boro. BTW, after al these years, dorion still can't pronounce his name right. 

The irony of today's statement of "He's the best goalie to ever play in Ottawa, but we've decided to go in a different direction"  can't possibly be lost on anybody.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Well it appears that my Sens Jersey may soon be back in fashion.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/07/17/leaked-ottawa-senators-new-2020-21-logo/

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

But that's what I mean, if you're letting Kevin Lowe in then... *shrug* lol.

lol, you’re right

Alumni
Date:

But that's what I mean, if you're letting Kevin Lowe in then... *shrug* lol.

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

If it makes you feel better here in Winnipeg people are complaining that if Kevin Lowe gets into the HHOF then why not Thomas Steen? I myself would like to see Theron Fleury like seriously and not even considering Alfie is a goddamn joke.

lol 😂 Thomas Steen?!?!? There’s about 10 guys up before he’s ever spoken about 

« First  <  Page 2  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.