Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

But that's what I mean, if you're letting Kevin Lowe in then... *shrug* lol.

lol, you’re right

Alumni
Date:

But that's what I mean, if you're letting Kevin Lowe in then... *shrug* lol.

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

If it makes you feel better here in Winnipeg people are complaining that if Kevin Lowe gets into the HHOF then why not Thomas Steen? I myself would like to see Theron Fleury like seriously and not even considering Alfie is a goddamn joke.

lol 😂 Thomas Steen?!?!? There’s about 10 guys up before he’s ever spoken about 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Doug Wilson and Kevin Lowe get the nod over Alfie for Hall of Fame 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦‍♂️☹️😞

Kevin Lowe is laughable, but there’s the good ol’boys club at it again.  They have to run out of middle of the pack 80s players at some point right?

And no offense to Hossa but he’s not a first ballot hall of famer...  but Sundin.

And Holland over BMurr?  no

So on to next year where it will be Zetterberg, some random Russian and Jere Lehtinen.

-- Edited by Agent Orange on Wednesday 24th of June 2020 06:23:38 PM

Hossa and Iginla we’re locks as far as 1st ballot guys. Wilson and Lowe were next up for the 80’s guys. Mogilny and Fluery are next up for guys who are not 1st ballot guys. Alfredsson probably has a bunch more years to wait 

My feeling was Hossa wasn't quite a first ballot guy, just on the edge. Alfie should have made it this year and Hossa next. But I'm not toronto media.  

Agree but it ain’t happening for Alfie for a long time, they hardly discussed him from media accounts 

Alumni
Date:

If it makes you feel better here in Winnipeg people are complaining that if Kevin Lowe gets into the HHOF then why not Thomas Steen? I myself would like to see Theron Fleury like seriously and not even considering Alfie is a goddamn joke.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Kevin Lowe is laughable, but there’s the good ol’boys club at it again.  They have to run out of middle of the pack 80s players at some point right?

And no offense to Hossa but he’s not a first ballot hall of famer...  but Sundin.

So on to next year where it will be Zetterberg, some random Russian and Jere Lehtinen.

Hossa and Iginla we’re locks as far as 1st ballot guys. Wilson and Lowe were next up for the 80’s guys. Mogilny and Fluery are next up for guys who are not 1st ballot guys. Alfredsson probably has a bunch more years to wait 

My feeling was Hossa wasn't quite a first ballot guy, just on the edge. Alfie should have made it this year and Hossa next. But I'm not toronto media.  

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/alfredsson-earned-rightful-place-hockey-hall-fame/sn-amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Confident Fan
Date:

Well the Ottawa Sun apologized for some of its reporting about Melnyk and mistakes about some of the charity info. I guess I was wrong and Euge is a great humanitarian and we can really get ready for unparalleled success that he promised. It’s going to be great to be a Senators fan and soon!!!! Let’s get those 1st 2 picks and it’s on!!

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:

Meldink sounds more like trump everyday. https://ottawasun.com/opinion/columnists/gibbons-melnyks-tussle-with-sens-foundation-could-be-a-messy-one?fbclid=IwAR3ghtstO5y6OO54MoyCais9d4xfDqQssBogfgBme5mF-uPi_WFtdpbS5Cs

That's some awful distribution numbers, by the Melnyk run charity not the Sens Foundation. 1/2 of one cent goes to the people and almost a million dollars in expenses goes to where??  My God, he's a sick individual with a real bad guy streak mixed in. 

and 2 hard boiled eggs.

That’s giving Euge to much credit he’s keeping those eggs 🥚 and he‘ll throw in a pinch of salt 🧂 for the charity

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:

Meldink sounds more like trump everyday. https://ottawasun.com/opinion/columnists/gibbons-melnyks-tussle-with-sens-foundation-could-be-a-messy-one?fbclid=IwAR3ghtstO5y6OO54MoyCais9d4xfDqQssBogfgBme5mF-uPi_WFtdpbS5Cs

That's some awful distribution numbers, by the Melnyk run charity not the Sens Foundation. 1/2 of one cent goes to the people and almost a million dollars in expenses goes to where??  My God, he's a sick individual with a real bad guy streak mixed in. 

and 2 hard boiled eggs.

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

The more I’m listening to podcasts and reading about the exorbitant rent he charged the foundation and how he wanted money sent to Toronto for his charitable foundation (he could of used that high rent money?) I’m coming around to he’s a real bad guy in addition to his mental issues. FFS haven’t the Sens fans suffered enough under this knucklehead?

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

The Senators and Sens Foundation are parting ways come July 31st.

“On July 31, 2020, the agreement between the Ottawa Senators Foundation and the Club, which grants the Foundation the right to use Club trademarks, including the Ottawa Senators name, expires.

Kind of hard to be the charitable arm of a team without the use of it's logos and name. 

Is this the beginning of the end?

https://www.sensfoundation.com/news/statement-regarding-the-agreement-between-the-ottawa-senators-foundation-and-capital-sports-entertainment-inc/

What does this really mean?  Is Meldink to blame for something like this?  Or is this business as usual?

Meldink business as usual according to this? 

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ottawa-senators-sens-foundation-cutting-ties-after-22-years-1.4969283

“The Ottawa Senators informed the current foundation leadership months ago that the club intends to open a fair and transparent request for proposals process to ensure its charitable arm remains a vital part of the community,” the Senators said in a statement to CTV News Ottawa.

“The foundation leadership protested and informed the Ottawa Senators they would not comply with the RFP process.”

Thanks everyone for helping me to understand.  Read what Wade Redden said about the charity and he was rightfully sad.  The more Melnyk does its becoming clear at least in my opinion he’s a mentally challenged man and needs help. Or the alternative is he’s a complete and utter creep and a real bad guy, I find it hard to believe he could come this far and be a total jerk but who knows.

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Saturday 6th of June 2020 12:23:09 AM

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Clarification on Sens foundation split.

https://ottawasun.com/news/gibbons-split-between-senators-and-sens-foundation-boils-down-to-money

Alumni
Date:

Euge doesn't play well with others. 

Alumni
Date:

Ah, basically they're being fired. I wonder if one of Melnyk's friends want to take over?

Page 1  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.