Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

The Senators and Sens Foundation are parting ways come July 31st.

“On July 31, 2020, the agreement between the Ottawa Senators Foundation and the Club, which grants the Foundation the right to use Club trademarks, including the Ottawa Senators name, expires.

Kind of hard to be the charitable arm of a team without the use of it's logos and name. 

Is this the beginning of the end?

https://www.sensfoundation.com/news/statement-regarding-the-agreement-between-the-ottawa-senators-foundation-and-capital-sports-entertainment-inc/

What does this really mean?  Is Meldink to blame for something like this?  Or is this business as usual?

Meldink business as usual according to this? 

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ottawa-senators-sens-foundation-cutting-ties-after-22-years-1.4969283

“The Ottawa Senators informed the current foundation leadership months ago that the club intends to open a fair and transparent request for proposals process to ensure its charitable arm remains a vital part of the community,” the Senators said in a statement to CTV News Ottawa.

“The foundation leadership protested and informed the Ottawa Senators they would not comply with the RFP process.”

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

“On July 31, 2020, the agreement between the Ottawa Senators Foundation and the Club, which grants the Foundation the right to use Club trademarks, including the Ottawa Senators name, expires.

Kind of hard to be the charitable arm of a team without the use of it's logos and name. 

https://www.sensfoundation.com/news/statement-regarding-the-agreement-between-the-ottawa-senators-foundation-and-capital-sports-entertainment-inc/

What does this really mean?  Is Meldink to blame for something like this?  Or is this business as usual?

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Cayenne pepper. Lots of it. You can either scatter it around your woodpile to drive the skunk away, or use it to season the meat before cooking after it is killed by falling wood. Close call on which way it might go.

I tried the cayenne pepper last time, didn't work. But, we have heard that that if you put used cat litter in the area, it will deter them as they see it as a predator near by. Now, THAT is in my wheel house!

Alumni
Date:

Cayenne pepper. Lots of it. You can either scatter it around your woodpile to drive the skunk away, or use it to season the meat before cooking after it is killed by falling wood. Close call on which way it might go.

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

Russell wrote:

DAMN SKUNK IS BACK IN MY WOOD PILE AGAIN!!

your own darn fault when you vote for them!

Alumni
Date:

DAMN SKUNK IS BACK IN MY WOOD PILE AGAIN!!

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Yes exactly. We've had all the pieces before and it's still not a guarantee. ...all I want is not to be a Florida/Coyotes style laughing stock in the league.

Melnyk is already a laughing stock, and that's with his own fan base

Alumni
Date:

Yes exactly. We've had all the pieces before and it's still not a guarantee. ...all I want is not to be a Florida/Coyotes style laughing stock in the league.

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

While Lafreniere would be sweet beyond sweet, a single 1st overall can't win or even get you into the playoffs alone. I mean, they obviously help but if Melnyk doesn't sabotage us beyond belief we'll need at least 5 years or so to build a strong playoff core. (Hopefully)

That 2017 team had a very good Goalie, a superstar D man and a borderline great player in Stone, it's still a long way for Ottawa getting these 3 pieces up to what Andy, EK and Stone were.  Not to mention the surrounding core that was overwhelmed in OT in Game 7 vs Pittsburgh 

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

While Lafreniere would be sweet beyond sweet, a single 1st overall can't win or even get you into the playoffs alone. I mean, they obviously help but if Melnyk doesn't sabotage us beyond belief we'll need at least 5 years or so to build a strong playoff core. (Hopefully)

Good stuff Spezz, look at Buffalo and Eichel he’s a great player like Lafreniere is supposed to be and Buffalo still isn’t any good. I agree wholeheartedly w you 

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Up here Sportsnet shows Edmonton, but like 80's Edmonton they just can't let it go. TSN shows Jets games. Ottawa can still do well with a #5 and #6 - typically forwards go first so could do with a Dman if needed. Tkachuk was 5th overall wasn't he?

Thats true about Tkachuk either 4 or 5? They’d probably take Rossi Raymond F’s Sanderson D 2 of those 3 if worst case happens. There would probably be a 2 year or so wait till in Ottawa if that happens

Alumni
Date:

Up here Sportsnet shows Edmonton, but like 80's Edmonton they just can't let it go. TSN shows Jets games. Ottawa can still do well with a #5 and #6 - typically forwards go first so could do with a Dman if needed. Tkachuk was 5th overall wasn't he?

Confident Fan
Date:

Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz and Perfetti are the Forwards in the top 10. Drysdale and Sanderson are the Dmen and Askarov the Russian G is the Goalie. Ottawa will get 2 of these guys in the Fall.  June 26 is the date of the Lottery

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 26th of May 2020 11:23:40 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

The Senators are back to the 25% chance of winning the #1 pick w both their pick and SJ. BUT they can also move down to the #5 and #6 picks which is what all Leafs fans hope happens. I personally want the #1 and #2 pick if we can wish upon a star. As we talked about earlier on here I’m hoping for the best and sorta kinda expecting the worst, that would suck.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

NHL Network showing Game 7 from 3 years ago today vs the pukes, NHL Network just showed a couple of days ago Game 5 v the Frikkin Ducks. All we get in the states is Ottawa losses on NHL Network

Same up here. only show Toronto wins over Ottawa. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Karlsson to Stone ties it at 1, Ottawa really did have star players at 1 time

Confident Fan
Date:

NHL Network showing Game 7 from 3 years ago today vs the pukes, NHL Network just showed a couple of days ago Game 5 v the Frikkin Ducks. All we get in the states is Ottawa losses on NHL Network

Confident Fan
Date:

Meldink is back!!!!  He went over the unparalleled success he sees for all you suffering fans w Toronto radio I think?

The Athletic went over the Belleville guys and I quite frankly don’t see any Toews, Kane, Kopitar, Doughty, Crosby or Malkin comparisons among those guys. Unless they get LaFreniere I don’t see enough top end talent to win vs Boston Tampa Pittspuke and the like. They need 2 top end Forwards and to move up w that Islanders pick and take the RussianG or the 2nd ranked Dman Sanderson or even Jack Quinn from Ottawa (OHL). Trade their some of their 2nds or 3rds to move up 🤷🏼‍♂️
There, I just wrote out a plan and they should follow because I’m rarely wrong

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Monday 18th of May 2020 10:22:51 AM

« First  <  Page 2  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.