Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

senior wrote:

Mike Mckenna in nets for Philadelphia tonight.

EK65 w 3 Assists tonight now w 41 in 43, he’s due to be point a game after Saturday nights game v Sens

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Mike Mckenna in nets for Philadelphia tonight.

Jedi Master
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Why did I read this this is just getting depressing. I just hope those players are still there when I go to the game vs. The Jets in February. I remember how last year i kept telling everyone, "no one's going to get rid of Karlsson. No one's that stupid."

Right??  I'm going to the game out here in March... but who knows what the team will look like by then

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

The sens have already showed that they can't convince the best of the best players to stay ( EK65). If you were to consider Stone and Duchene to be in that next level of players, not the very best but very good players, and the sens fail to to convince them to stay, then how can they expect anyone to support a team that can only keep average or lesser players? There would simply be no hope. 

I've told Pan several times the GoldenState Warriors of the NBA had a horrible owner who hired the wrong people and didn't take the business of the NBA seriously.  He hid out and didn't know what the heck he was doing.  He finally sold to people who had vision and were winners in life and now they ruined the NBA by winning 3 of the last 4 Championships.  It all starts at the top and there simply won't be hope till he passes or sells, he's the sole problem.

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Why did I read this this is just getting depressing. I just hope those players are still there when I go to the game vs. The Jets in February. I remember how last year i kept telling everyone, "no one's going to get rid of Karlsson. No one's that stupid."

I was gullible enough to believe the same thing with you there, who moves a superstar out when he does want to stay when you fairly compensate him?  The problem is so clear, I really don't like delusional people who don't get help or refuse to see what's happening around them.

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

The sens have already showed that they can't convince the best of the best players to stay ( EK65). If you were to consider Stone and Duchene to be in that next level of players, not the very best but very good players, and the sens fail to to convince them to stay, then how can they expect anyone to support a team that can only keep average or lesser players? There would simply be no hope. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Good news EK65 up to 38 points in 42 Games now, he may be a point a game player by the time Ottawa arrives in San Jose, or after that game. 🤷‍♀️🤷🏼‍♂️

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

So the calendar has turned and they can now officially extend Stone. They were so close after all this summer and could unofficially talk out details all fall.

So.... to quote from 1/1/19.

“I’m expecting them to start in the next couple of weeks here,” Stone said in response to a question from Postmedia. “My agent (Craig Oster) and Pierre are going to sit down here and see where it goes.”

With 7 weeks until the trade deadline? And the Duchene talks going from ongoing to nonexistent.

In my opinion, they’re all gone. Duchene, Stone, Dzingel, Ceci. Anderson in the summer. Guaranteed at least one deal will get hamstrung by the must include Bobby Ryan demand. And the rest will be less due to no salary dumps. Dorion doesn’t have the support staff to work on all this at once. The bare bones hockey ops will bite them again.

if they lose all those guys, they'll have to keep ryan just to make it to the salary floor.  Oh, and re-sign Ceci at 9 million for 8 years. 

Actually won’t be too hard to hit the floor.  Slight bumps to the other RFAs (Hogberg, White, Paul, Wolanin).  Bring back Falk and Pajaarvi.  Bring up 2 more ELCs or sign a couple $1.2 million grinders.

Vegas has Clarkson to toss in on a LTIR and Eakin as a warm body.  Anaheim has Eaves.  Detroit really needs to shed one of Zetterberg/Franzen.  Dallas needs to shed salary for re-signing Seguin.  Edmonton might overpay and send Spooner back as a cap dump.

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

So the calendar has turned and they can now officially extend Stone. They were so close after all this summer and could unofficially talk out details all fall.

“I’m expecting them to start in the next couple of weeks here,” Stone said in response to a question from Postmedia. “My agent (Craig Oster) and Pierre are going to sit down here and see where it goes.”

With 7 weeks until the trade deadline? And the Duchene talks going from ongoing to nonexistent.

In my opinion, they’re all gone. Duchene, Stone, Dzingel, Ceci. Anderson in the summer. Guaranteed at least one deal will get hamstrung by the must include Bobby Ryan demand. And the rest will be less due to no salary dumps. Dorion doesn’t have the support staff to work on all this at once. The bare bones hockey ops will bite them again.

If they don't sign Stone and Duchene, you can write-off the next 5 years. 

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

if they lose all those guys, they'll have to keep ryan just to make it to the salary floor.  Oh, and re-sign Ceci at 9 million for 8 years. 

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Breaking: sens new puppy has asked for a trade.

Here is the Sens organizational injury list: From Dean Brown on Twitter 

MacArthur 

Gaborik 

Pageau 

Condon 

Anderson 

Falk

Chabot 

Jaros

Paajarvi 

O'Brien

Brown

Luchuk

Carey 

Chlapik 

Sieloff

Alumni
Date:

Breaking: sens new puppy has asked for a trade.

Jedi Master
Date:

Yeah, and Boucher says Hogberg will play one of the two games this weekend. Great.

Alumni
Date:

Sens announce that Anderson and Falk both have concussions and won’t play this weekend. Uh. Oh.

Alumni
Date:

Spotted this on the road the other day.

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Auston Matthews is the 59th player in the modern era (since 1943-44) to score 19+ goals in his first 21 games of a season.

The others since 2002-03:
Ovechkin (19; 2013-14)
Stamkos (20; 2010-11)
Kovalchuk (19; 2007-08)
Alfredsson (19; 2005-06)
Gagne (21; 2005-06)
#NHLStats

Russell or anyone do u remember Alfie being this hot the year after the lockout? I don’t and I watched almost every game

You know,  I don’t remember any specifics about that. It’s all just a golden blur now. 

Alumni
Date:

25 plus years ago the New Orleans Saints were rumored to be off to San Antonio, then a local car dealership owner, Tom Benson came in and bought the team. The Saints were perennial losers, and now have a Super Bowl Championship and one of the best teams in the NFL the past 10 years.

In the last 10 years Benson didn't want the NBA Hornets to move, so he stepped in and bought them too. Now the Pels haven't won yet, but they are getting close. I hope that one day soon, Ottawa finds their Tom Benson, rest his soul.

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

TheSenturian on Twitter posted this

Imagine owning a failing business that you have no clue how to run properly in a city where you don't live and where everyone hates your guts, and stubbornly holding on to it as it goes down in a flaming inferno of debt rather than selling it while it still has some value left.

That could of been a Jeopardy answer

Page 1  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.