Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
General Sens stuff.

TheSenturian on Twitter posted this

Imagine owning a failing business that you have no clue how to run properly in a city where you don't live and where everyone hates your guts, and stubbornly holding on to it as it goes down in a flaming inferno of debt rather than selling it while it still has some value left.

Confident Fan
Date:

Yup, I saw a podcast where he was interviewed and he’s back

Alumni
Date:

Duchene is going to play tomorrow, according to my hockey pool.

Confident Fan
Date:

Auston Matthews is the 59th player in the modern era (since 1943-44) to score 19+ goals in his first 21 games of a season.

The others since 2002-03:
Ovechkin (19; 2013-14)
Stamkos (20; 2010-11)
Kovalchuk (19; 2007-08)
Alfredsson (19; 2005-06)
Gagne (21; 2005-06)
#NHLStats

Russell or anyone do u remember Alfie being this hot the year after the lockout? I don’t and I watched almost every game

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

The National Capital Commission (NCC) moving to scrap its deal with RendezVous LeBreton

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ncc-moves-to-terminate-rendezvous-lebreton-s-bid-for-redevelopment-1.4224967

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

@TJ - yeah I could play with McDavid and get a bunch of points 🤣

Since I’ve never been on skates I couldn’t 😂😂

So Meldink is being sued for ONE BILLION dollars!!!  I wonder if this is like the Eddie Balfour ONE BILLION dollar bribe.  Because all I ever frikkin hear is the Dink has no frikkin money.

Alumni
Date:

@TJ - yeah I could play with McDavid and get a bunch of points 🤣

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Homer wrote:

Wow, we kid about this a lot, but damn...

https://www.thestar.com/halifax/2018/12/15/delivered-via-purr-olator-halifax-cat-safe-after-being-accidentally-shipped-to-montreal.html

Don't give Russell any ideas.

riiiighhhhttttt, Accidentally shipped the cat. Sure, that's the ticket. Accidentally! 

Confident Fan
Date:

Chiasson just scored his 15th Goal set up by McDavid, he gets to play w McDavid a bunch now. Where was our McDavid to help Chiasson reach this potential?

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Homer wrote:

Wow, we kid about this a lot, but damn...

https://www.thestar.com/halifax/2018/12/15/delivered-via-purr-olator-halifax-cat-safe-after-being-accidentally-shipped-to-montreal.html

Don't give Russell any ideas.

Alumni
Date:
Alumni
Date:

Apparently Duchene has started skating again with the other injured players on the team.

Jedi Master
Date:

So Duchene is out for "weeks", Ryan out with a concussion and placed on the IR.... of course the logical move is to put McCormick in, right?

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

According to my hockey pool news, Duchene might be out really long term. Not sure what the heck happened, but maybe he tore something?

Groin, hip or hamstring I'd bet.  Not good, not good at all.

If he's out long term, I'm just going to switch to the 67's. And they win a lot. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

According to my hockey pool news, Duchene might be out really long term. Not sure what the heck happened, but maybe he tore something?

Groin, hip or hamstring I'd bet.  Not good, not good at all.

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

So apparently Meldink wasn't at the board of governors meetings because he had used up all his air miles points.

Good to see it was a valid excuse 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

So apparently Meldink wasn't at the board of governors meetings because he had used up all his air miles points.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Cbinc wrote:
Russell wrote:

https://www.tsn.ca/karlsson-s-return-gives-sens-fans-a-proper-chance-to-say-goodbye-1.1218607

One thing I don't understand, and maybe I just don't know how these things work, but if EK65 didn't want to practice, what was to keep the rest of the team from practicing? The rest of them could have got their asses out there and worked on stuff, no?

I always figured the team didn't want to make him look bad. if they did go out and practice without him all the time, it would lead to lots of speculation. and if he missed too many practices, the team would have to do something. how do you deal with that? 

thats what I figured, as well. But its not like star players who log a lot of ice time, don't take extra days off. i dunno.

Star players in every other sport all over the world when coming off the type of injury he had always take some practices off.  Especially NBA and world fùtbol 

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Saturday 1st of December 2018 04:01:46 PM

Alumni
Date:

Cbinc wrote:
Russell wrote:

https://www.tsn.ca/karlsson-s-return-gives-sens-fans-a-proper-chance-to-say-goodbye-1.1218607

One thing I don't understand, and maybe I just don't know how these things work, but if EK65 didn't want to practice, what was to keep the rest of the team from practicing? The rest of them could have got their asses out there and worked on stuff, no?

I always figured the team didn't want to make him look bad. if they did go out and practice without him all the time, it would lead to lots of speculation. and if he missed too many practices, the team would have to do something. how do you deal with that? 

thats what I figured, as well. But its not like star players who log a lot of ice time, don't take extra days off. i dunno.

« First  <  Page 2  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.