Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 58: Slugs @ Sens

Post Info
Pie Connoisseur
Date:
RE: Game 58: Slugs @ Sens

Imagin plowing through all that snow to get to this game?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

This game is totally going to overtime, isn't it?

it'll give Senior motivation to go shovel again

Jedi Master
Date:

This game is totally going to overtime, isn't it?

Jedi Master
Date:

holy massive pictures batman...

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Did some more shoveling. Good news is I found the Nissan!DSC_0032.JPGDSC_0033.JPG

Attachments
Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

This game is a little flatter than Sunday's #TWD episode

Ha... their most exciting game of the year would be more flat than that episode!

Alumni
Date:

This game is a little flatter than Sunday's #TWD episode

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So every time you guys are tempted to complain about the snow plowing in Ottawa... let me tell you how it works here. They have a "7 day snow clearing plan".

The first 48 hours after any snowfall are reserved for ONLY plowing the priority 1 routes, so basically the main arterials.

Days 3, 4, and 5 are for priority 2 routes... so any main street that feeds onto the priority 1 routes.

Days 6 and 7 are when they start doing residential streets. BUT residential streets don't get plowed. They get "cleared". Current requirement to mark a street as cleared is that the snow is packed down enough that the ruts are no more than 12cm high.

And if it snows again.... you start over at day 1.

A couple of winters ago when we got a lot of snow, my street didn't see a plow (or a compactor) from November until January.

where do you live? Moscow?

Seriously, you should see how confused people here get when you try to tell them this isn't normal.

so they basically cross their fingers for a chinook as the solution

yep.  And when one does come through, and all that hard-packed snow starts to melt, and then freezes again..... 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

So every time you guys are tempted to complain about the snow plowing in Ottawa... let me tell you how it works here. They have a "7 day snow clearing plan".

The first 48 hours after any snowfall are reserved for ONLY plowing the priority 1 routes, so basically the main arterials.

Days 3, 4, and 5 are for priority 2 routes... so any main street that feeds onto the priority 1 routes.

Days 6 and 7 are when they start doing residential streets. BUT residential streets don't get plowed. They get "cleared". Current requirement to mark a street as cleared is that the snow is packed down enough that the ruts are no more than 12cm high.

A couple of winters ago when we got a lot of snow, my street didn't see a plow (or a compactor) from November until January.

Seriously, you should see how confused people here get when you try to tell them this isn't normal.

so they basically cross their fingers for a chinook as the solution

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

actually, I really don't know where you are.  what city/village?

lol... oh.  I'm in Calgary.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

actually, I really don't know where you are.  what city/village?

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

Kat, in case you want to move to Ottawa

lol.  You don't want to know how little you can get for a million here.....

But I would be worried there were some extra snakes or other critters accidentally left behind.

Jedi Master
Date:

Alumni
Date:
Jedi Master
Date:

That's a pretty awesome gesture. I assume they are hoping most won't be able to take them up on it, though....

Alumni
Date:

From Sens Twitter feed

CbYbVwZWAAAERbV.jpg

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
senior wrote:

buffalo doing a good job of pressuring Sens. Not giving them time to carry or look for a pass. In their faces right away.

kinda like Russell's snow plow driver

the guy is a dick.

How come they clear your streets out in the middle of no where and we're still waiting?

cuz we only have 3 long streets.

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:
senior wrote:

buffalo doing a good job of pressuring Sens. Not giving them time to carry or look for a pass. In their faces right away.

kinda like Russell's snow plow driver

the guy is a dick.

SensGab's trip back to Markham is not going so well.  started over 7 hours ago, Uber ride to Train station cost $100, missed train, rebooked with a connection in Kingston and according to her last tweet is still in Kingston

Yikes, from what my friends have said, Kingston is not a good place to be stuck today.  They had to take the buses off the road, and most taxis called it quits as well.

«First  <  1 2 3 47  >  Last»  | Page of 7  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.