Remember Me  

Topic: Game 51: Senators @ flightless birds

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 51: Senators @ flightless birds

SensKat wrote:
Kardinal wrote:
SensKat wrote: You know what grinds my gears?  Users that send you a "signed off" Business Requirements Doc.... and then spend the next 2 weeks sending you "additional requirements", "spec updates"... and don't understand why you can't give them dev estimates.

You know what stops that? 

Replies of "out of scope / no further requirements accepted other than through the formal change request process".   You will get some short-term friction, but I found it worked pretty well in the longer term. 

Yeah, we've tried that.  Then they just refuse to sign off on UAT, and escalate through management on both sides.  This particular client has probably more power than they should.

This project has been underway for 14 months now, they decided they didn't like what was delivered (even though it was on spec), and now we are in the process of redefining the requirements and starting over from scratch.

They want 7 blue lines, 2 with red ink, 2 with green ink and all perpendicular to each other?

Jedi Master
Date:

I give up on trying to figure out this game.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

this game is out of scope

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

You really, really should not take penalties against these guys.

Jedi Master
Date:

So.... how is that only a 2 minute exactly?

Jedi Master
Date:

Kardinal wrote:
SensKat wrote: You know what grinds my gears?  Users that send you a "signed off" Business Requirements Doc.... and then spend the next 2 weeks sending you "additional requirements", "spec updates"... and don't understand why you can't give them dev estimates.

Replies of "out of scope / no further requirements accepted other than through the formal change request process".   You will get some short-term friction, but I found it worked pretty well in the longer term. 

Yeah, we've tried that.  Then they just refuse to sign off on UAT, and escalate through management on both sides.  This particular client has probably more power than they should.

This project has been underway for 14 months now, they decided they didn't like what was delivered (even though it was on spec), and now we are in the process of redefining the requirements and starting over from scratch.

Confident Fan
Date:

Pan wrote:

this is what happens when both teams have terrible defence, isn't it?

Exactly and sad for our team

Alumni
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Anythng interesting in this game so far? Just another low scoring struggle, right?

Boring, really....

Alumni
Date:

Anythng interesting in this game so far? Just another low scoring struggle, right?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Pan, Kat, when is TWD starting up again?

Feb 14th!

lol, perfect Valentine's Day date.  Gonna have to re-watch the last few episodes to remember what leads up the new episode

Pan
Alumni
Date:

thank God - I need something positive in my life

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

Feb 14th!

Alumni
Date:

Pan
Alumni
Date:

I said 2-1 so there's that

Alumni
Date:

Pan wrote:

so my 3-2 prediction was low?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

oh ffs

Something else for your desk at work 

oh_ffs_stainless_steel_travel_mug.jpg?height=460&width=460&qv=90

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

oh ffs

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Also, Canuck has mentioned this in person, I believe on the show too.

If Pittsburgh would have challenged the Ceci goal, they could have discussed what they did on their timeout with equal or greater time. Lack of strategy by not doing that.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.