Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
RE: Game 51: Senators @ flightless birds

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Hey Homer - how is your machine running since you did your Windows 10 upgrade?

It's fine.  My new work laptop is screaming... 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD.   came with the company Windows 7 image.  But I got the high specs so I can run a mini Hyper-V virtual lab, which needs Windows 8 or 10.  So I put Windows 10 on it, locked down all the MS information leak.  I'm a client site, so wonder if they'll force me to put the company image back on if I go back to a company LAN.

I got to buy me previous work laptop for a $130 United Way donation.  Got myself an SSD for that one and will load Linux on that one. 

hmmmm... yeah, that's what I'm trying to decide is if I want to just go Linux and be done with it.

Dual boot, just be sure to install Windows 1st. 

I'll probably try it on my little travel laptop first.... just in case 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Sigh.... some people are out of their minds. I'm watching a conversation right now between a couple of Sens fans that think that:

A) We should play Hammond for the rest of the season because Andy doesn't want to be here any more.

B) We should trade Andy at the deadline and go forward with Hammond.

I'm trying to figure out which part of the 7-1 and 5-2 losses the last 2 games that Hammond has started are making them think he's ready to take over.

now, they don't understand the game

Sad thing is they are completely serious.

We should probably trade Karlsson, Stone, Turris, and Ryan before they all demand trades in 5 years because Melnyk's budget cheaped out on the post game ice cream.  wink

Alumni
Date:

Kadri levelled marchand tonight. Leafs fans were orgasmic. so, marchand scored 2 on the laffs. 

Alumni
Date:

Possible land mark moment for Crosby. Could have his first 4 goal game...against Ottawa! over/under?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

It's fine.  My new work laptop is screaming... 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD.   came with the company Windows 7 image.  But I got the high specs so I can run a mini Hyper-V virtual lab, which needs Windows 8 or 10.  So I put Windows 10 on it, locked down all the MS information leak.  I'm a client site, so wonder if they'll force me to put the company image back on if I go back to a company LAN.

I got to buy me previous work laptop for a $130 United Way donation.  Got myself an SSD for that one and will load Linux on that one. 

hmmmm... yeah, that's what I'm trying to decide is if I want to just go Linux and be done with it.

Dual boot, just be sure to install Windows 1st. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

senior wrote:

You really, really should not take penalties against these guys.

They just never listen to me.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

I coulddint care less about how the team is strug-gle-ling. I wanna kiss you!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:

I guess we broke Crosby's hat trick slump.

yay us?

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I guess we broke Crosby's hat trick slump.

Confident Fan
Date:

Pan wrote:

this game is out of scope

lol 😎😀😪😥😥😥

Jedi Master
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Sigh.... some people are out of their minds. I'm watching a conversation right now between a couple of Sens fans that think that:

A) We should play Hammond for the rest of the season because Andy doesn't want to be here any more.

I'm trying to figure out which part of the 7-1 and 5-2 losses the last 2 games that Hammond has started are making them think he's ready to take over.

Sad thing is they are completely serious.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Probably lafs fans hoping that they can get him.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Kardinal wrote:
SensKat wrote: You know what grinds my gears?  Users that send you a "signed off" Business Requirements Doc.... and then spend the next 2 weeks sending you "additional requirements", "spec updates"... and don't understand why you can't give them dev estimates.

You know what stops that? 

Replies of "out of scope / no further requirements accepted other than through the formal change request process".   You will get some short-term friction, but I found it worked pretty well in the longer term. 

Yeah, we've tried that.  Then they just refuse to sign off on UAT, and escalate through management on both sides.  This particular client has probably more power than they should.

This project has been underway for 14 months now, they decided they didn't like what was delivered (even though it was on spec), and now we are in the process of redefining the requirements and starting over from scratch.

They want 7 blue lines, 2 with red ink, 2 with green ink and all perpendicular to each other?

Pretty much!

And can we keep all the existing functionality, except take out the validations, the workflow, half the config, and change all of the statuses?

Jedi Master
Date:

oh goody a PP

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I give up on trying to figure out this game.

oh you understand the game, it the team that's a struggle to understand

Jedi Master
Date:

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.