Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 16: Canucks @ Senators

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Game 16: Canucks @ Senators

From the box score it looks like they are playing better D tonite or the Canucks suck on offence or the Goaltender is better than the other one from the other nite eh?

Jedi Master
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I made sure we'd win tonight. I sat Turris in my hockey pool and started Miller as goalie haha

lol!  I think we all know what you have to do now... 

Alumni
Date:

I made sure we'd win tonight. I sat Turris in my hockey pool and started Miller as goalie haha

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

There's that, and they might look that way because the other lines and lower D pairings aren't doing their part. I mean, you can't blame Lazar or Chiasson for a loss but their lines are critical for possession and relieving pressure off the D and ultimately Andy. When Cowen is pulling in big minutes in his zone there's a problem.

We definitely have a huge drop-off in skill on the 3rd and 4th lines, and the 2nd and 3rd pairings.

I think that some help on the back end would make a big difference right now, although I can't deny that some better players in the bottom 6 would help as well. 

We don't really have a solid checking line right now, and that worries me.  

I think the Pageau line has played pretty well lately. The Smith line should be a decent shut down line but have struggled lately.

But really, do we have anyone right now that other teams hate to have to face?  Nobody stands  up at the blueline, nobody making them pay any kind of price to gain the zone.

Nice goal!!

Alumni
Date:

what happens when you just shoot at the net?

Alumni
Date:

Is the Smithvline our shut-down line? Because then that would make sense with Kat's statement

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

There's that, and they might look that way because the other lines and lower D pairings aren't doing their part. I mean, you can't blame Lazar or Chiasson for a loss but their lines are critical for possession and relieving pressure off the D and ultimately Andy. When Cowen is pulling in big minutes in his zone there's a problem.

We definitely have a huge drop-off in skill on the 3rd and 4th lines, and the 2nd and 3rd pairings.

I think that some help on the back end would make a big difference right now, although I can't deny that some better players in the bottom 6 would help as well. 

I think the Pageau line has played pretty well lately. The Smith line should be a decent shut down line but have struggled lately.

Jedi Master
Date:

ow

Alumni
Date:

Lol I wish I had room for Chiasson in my hockey pool so I could call it, "Chiasson down the dream"

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

how was that not a holding penalty?

which one?

Alumni
Date:

how was that not a holding penalty?

Jedi Master
Date:

lol.... Chiasson sandwich.

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

3 on 1 and they really Chiasson that opportunity

Quite the pickle.

Jedi Master
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Alumni
Date:

3 on 1 and they really Chiasson that opportunity

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Homer wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

not used to this level of hockey talk in these forums?  anyone got some pie?

No pie til they win a game. And not in overtime either.

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

not used to this level of hockey talk in these forums?  anyone got some pie?

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Nightmare line matchup there.

Alumni
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I think their problem is they stop skating and get caught standing around.

«First  <  1 2 3 47  >  Last»  | Page of 7  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.