senior wrote:

Why didn't Smith shoot on that break.

he's not bright?

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Why didn't Smith shoot on that break.

Jedi Master
Date:

The problem remains of course, like Homer said, if you do much in the way of gaming, or need a lot of other specific applications, windows is still largely the only option.

I don't do as much gaming as I used to, and since this job provides me with a laptop for business use, I can at least consider switching to Linux for this one.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

I used to run linux on my main PC, but been gaming more in the past year.

Windows 10 isn't backwards compatible with older samba versions as windows 7 was.  needed a registry tweak.

plus i want to give win 10 a try and it includes hyper-v 

Yeah, I just have a lot of concerns with some of the things I'm hearing about it.  I don't trust Microsoft to start with, and it seems like 10 is pretty chock full of security holes and back door reporting tools.    Looks like a pretty slick OS on the surface, but it's always what's underneath that worries me...

There are a bunch of articles on disabling that crap.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-violates-your-privacy-by-default-heres-how-you-can-protect-yourself/

I know, there's also a bunch of other stuff saying that every time they do an update, those settings are getting reset.

I'm just waiting it out for a bit to see how this all plays out.  Latest word is they are going to start setting it as a Recommended Update on win 8.1, so it's going to try to install for anyone that has automatic updates turned on.

Windows 10 is nothing more than glorified spyware.

Confident Fan
Date:

Thx Homer for the Lazar update

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Windows 10 isn't backwards compatible with older samba versions as windows 7 was.  needed a registry tweak.

Yeah, I just have a lot of concerns with some of the things I'm hearing about it.  I don't trust Microsoft to start with, and it seems like 10 is pretty chock full of security holes and back door reporting tools.    Looks like a pretty slick OS on the surface, but it's always what's underneath that worries me...

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-violates-your-privacy-by-default-heres-how-you-can-protect-yourself/

I know, there's also a bunch of other stuff saying that every time they do an update, those settings are getting reset.

I'm just waiting it out for a bit to see how this all plays out.  Latest word is they are going to start setting it as a Recommended Update on win 8.1, so it's going to try to install for anyone that has automatic updates turned on.

Jedi Master
Date:

Heehee... I'm getting far too much enjoyment out of Ray Ferrarro saying "Puemple" over and over again.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Matt Puemple 's one home!

2-0 Sens

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:

You guys are awfully quiet tonight...

Sens PK

Don't like to talk with my mouth full.

ARE YOU EATING THE PIE????

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Sens PK

Don't like to talk with my mouth full.

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Sens PK

multi tasking, configuring windows 10 on one of my PCs.  having issues of it connecting to my linux NAS and just got it solved

hmmm... you sure you want to do that?

I'm debating going full linux on my home machines rather than going to win 10.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Sens PK

multi tasking, configuring windows 10 on one of my PCs.  having issues of it connecting to my linux NAS and just got it solved

Jedi Master
Date:

Sens PK

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

You know what sucks? Getting home from work, after a long day where you were stuck in the office for an extra hour and a half, and realizing that you forgot to put last night's leftover pizza in the fridge.

how about getting paged at 2:30am, be at work for 7:15, finish 2.5 hours late get home and get pages 2 more times during the evening.

Yes, that sucks too.  I hate days like that.  

But I really, really wanted that pizza!  lol

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

You know what sucks? Getting home from work, after a long day where you were stuck in the office for an extra hour and a half, and realizing that you forgot to put last night's leftover pizza in the fridge.

how about getting paged at 2:30am, be at work for 7:15, finish 2.5 hours late get home and get pages 2 more times during the evening.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Why is half time of the football game and end of first period intermission at the same time? It's a conspiracy I tells ya.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I don't think any other team screw up just after they score the way the Sens do.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.