Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Off season Sens news.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Off season Sens news.

Yesterday in Sens history......it's a day we just won't talk about, m'kay?

Today in Sens history:

11 yrs ago today: Sens signed Dominik Hasek as a free agent
8 yrs ago today: Sens named John Paddock as their 6th head coach in club history
6 yrs ago today: Sens signed Alex Kovalev as a free agent
4 yrs ago today: Sens signed Erik Condra

Alumni
Date:

Filing for arbitration is just part of the process, rather than a big scary "oooooohhhhh" we need to be worried about.  It happens, and negotiations continue between the team and the player's agent.   We'll see what happens as the summer goes on. 

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Could Hoffman be on the way out?

senshot.com/2015/07/04/mike-hoffman-could-be-moved-for-a-bigger-piece/

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Of 20 players who filed for salary arbitration in 2014, only one (Subban) reached a hearing and that was settled before arbitrator's ruling.

If Hoffman takes them to Arbitration you gotta believe he ain't long for us cheering for him.....

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Chiasson isn't as young as you expect. He's 24 and just 4 months younger than Turris. Essentially in his game, he's a taller Conacher. I can't see him getting much of a raise out of the 10% of the qualifying offer. He will actually make more than Pageau with that and he couldn't crack the lineup. He was actually ok at the start of the year then fell off. Not young, not hungry.

Lazar will make the team. I liked his playoffs and he did a good job on the defensive side of the game. A good summer will help as well and he was already pretty big.

I never saw an issue with Hoffman's defensive side of the game and don't know why it's an issue. Regardless of arbitration, the Sens will have him under contract and can always sign and trade. The return will be great.

No need for Vermette. The description given above if essentially Pageau. Turris also plays the PK, but he's used everywhere. Smith is ok in face offs and PK too.

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

I'm sure Hoffman and his agent are asking for a lot but they are not going to get it. The league is aware of this guy and next season will be much tougher for him to score.  He's still not very good on the defensive end of the puck, which is why he got stapled to the bench a few times in the year.

The Sens have done a good job of locking key players at reasonable prices.  Hoffman should not be an exception.  Otherwise, trade his rights and let him be someone else's problem.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Anyone else think that making an offer to Antoine Vermette could be a good idea. Centerman who can take draws, fit in on any line, kill penalties and provide secondary scoring. Kind of a replacement for Chris Kelly who they have never really been able replace. Would have to sign him for a reasonable price for no more than 2 - 3 years. Would have to bump a younger guy but not sure they have a bunch of good young centers ready to come up.

nah. more important to develop the young players.

Confident Fan
Date:

SensDawg wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

Report:  Sens' Chiasson headed to arbitration

“We’ll be filing (for arbitration) fairly shortly,” Chiasson’s agent Kent Hughes told PHT on Monday.

Chiasson’s three-year, $2.7 million entry-level deal is set to expire on Wednesday making him a restricted free agent.

“We’re far apart at this point and we don’t really see the arbitration case through the same lens,” said Hughes.

The 24-year-old, who was acquired by the Sens in the Jason Spezza trade, had 11 goals and 15 assists in 76 games during the 2014-15 season.

“We talk to them all the time, but they’re arbitration guys that, at the moment, want to go that direction,” Sens’ GM Bryan Murray said of Chiasson and Mike Hoffman last week. “If we’re not going to negotiate, then we have to prepare for that."

Chiasson can walk for all I care.  Another Greening - has all the physical attributes but not the desire to play the way he needs to i.e. drive to the net and use that big body to cause havoc.  Same as Cowen but on the defensive end.  JGP, Condra and Lazar play the right way up front and Boro sets the tone on the back end.

Agree completely SensDawg, let Chiasson go away to Carolina or back to Dallas or any number of non-traditonal hockey markets. He ain't worth whatever his camp is asking for that's for damn sure.

Alumni
Date:

Chiasson is young, and I think putting him on the top line to "get him going" was a mistake with tooling pressure to succeed on a team that struggled in the early part of the season. He gets at least another season from me.

Alumni
Date:

Vermette will cost a pretty penny, and would displace ZBad or JGP or end up on the 4th line (where he doesn't deserve to be). I like his play but I don't see the need vs growing our younger players into being the next Vermette.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Anyone else think that making an offer to Antoine Vermette could be a good idea. Centerman who can take draws, fit in on any line, kill penalties and provide secondary scoring. Kind of a replacement for Chris Kelly who they have never really been able replace. Would have to sign him for a reasonable price for no more than 2 - 3 years. Would have to bump a younger guy but not sure they have a bunch of good young centers ready to come up.

Alumni
Date:

SensDawg wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

“We’ll be filing (for arbitration) fairly shortly,” Chiasson’s agent Kent Hughes told PHT on Monday.

Chiasson’s three-year, $2.7 million entry-level deal is set to expire on Wednesday making him a restricted free agent.

“We’re far apart at this point and we don’t really see the arbitration case through the same lens,” said Hughes.

The 24-year-old, who was acquired by the Sens in the Jason Spezza trade, had 11 goals and 15 assists in 76 games during the 2014-15 season.

“We talk to them all the time, but they’re arbitration guys that, at the moment, want to go that direction,” Sens’ GM Bryan Murray said of Chiasson and Mike Hoffman last week. “If we’re not going to negotiate, then we have to prepare for that."

Chiasson can walk for all I care.  Another Greening - has all the physical attributes but not the desire to play the way he needs to i.e. drive to the net and use that big body to cause havoc.  Same as Cowen but on the defensive end.  JGP, Condra and Lazar play the right way up front and Boro sets the tone on the back end.

I'd give chiasson 1 more season, he's still young, but he better show me something real soon. 

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

Condra wants three years and I'm ok with that if the cap hit is iess than $2 million per. We have a bunch of young guys looking to come up, but only Robinson is close as a RW. Lindberg is probably 3 years away. I'd say that Lazar will spend most of the season in the AHL rather than the NHL, and a good chunk of the next as well. That leaves Stone, Ryan, Chiasson, and Neil on the right. Neil will be a 13th forward rolling in and out with Chiasson. Condra would do well holding down the fort with JGP and Michalek on the third line.

Hoffman will get a one year show me deal.

I don't think Lazar is going anywhere. He'll just steadily work his way up the line-up. 3 years is a bit much for Condra, imo. he'll bumped from line up before then. 

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

According to reports, the team has made an offer to Condra.   We'll have to wait and see.

In other news, the BSens have signed D Patrick Mullen to a 1 year deal.   He's a depth guy in Bingo.

Alumni
Date:

Condra wants three years and I'm ok with that if the cap hit is iess than $2 million per. We have a bunch of young guys looking to come up, but only Robinson is close as a RW. Lindberg is probably 3 years away. I'd say that Lazar will spend most of the season in the AHL rather than the NHL, and a good chunk of the next as well. That leaves Stone, Ryan, Chiasson, and Neil on the right. Neil will be a 13th forward rolling in and out with Chiasson. Condra would do well holding down the fort with JGP and Michalek on the third line.

Hoffman will get a one year show me deal.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:

The Richards situation is interesting.... "Severe breach of contract"????

I'm getting worried about the Condra situation. Sounds like they haven't really even talked. BMur asked his agent today to give them and idea by tomorrow of what he's looking for contract-wise.

after listening to Dorian the other day it seems to me it's come down to a numbers game for Condra, unless he comes in at their price they have guys waiting to take his spot anyway.  Puempel, Prince etc.  He is a very very good 3rd line player but the Sens have guys that need to be on the team from the minors so if he walks they will replace him with someone capable.

Agreed.  This team is full of pluggers. Hopefully Puempel gets a sniff next year and Lazar gets a little more ice time, as well.

Priority would be resigning Hoffman.

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I'm getting worried about the Condra situation. Sounds like they haven't really even talked. BMur asked his agent today to give them and idea by tomorrow of what he's looking for contract-wise.

after listening to Dorian the other day it seems to me it's come down to a numbers game for Condra, unless he comes in at their price they have guys waiting to take his spot anyway.  Puempel, Prince etc.  He is a very very good 3rd line player but the Sens have guys that need to be on the team from the minors so if he walks they will replace him with someone capable.

Jedi Master
Date:

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.