Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Off season Sens news.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Off season Sens news.

SensDawg wrote:

"Alex Chiasson could be pricing himself right out of Ottawa.

Numbers confirmed by the Sun reveal the Senators winger will be looking for the arbitrator to grant him a salary of $2.475 million at Thursday's hearing, while the club will counter with an offer of $1 million."

This guy's off his rocker.

Must be contagious, Braden Holtby is asking for $8M. 

Part of the problem with the arbitration process is that the player loses nothing by asking for the sky, knowing that the arbitrator will settle for something in the middle. Maybe the rules should be that the arbitrator will award either the teams offer or the player's demand.  This way it will keep both sides a little more honest.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

From the friend of a friend file: Apparently Hoffman was in the dog house for not buying into Cameron's system. Preferred to play his own offensive style. Let his line mates do the dirty work. 

Confident Fan
Date:

SensDawg wrote:

Numbers confirmed by the Sun reveal the Senators winger will be looking for the arbitrator to grant him a salary of $2.475 million at Thursday's hearing, while the club will counter with an offer of $1 million."

If he wins that award is the contract then guaranteed?  If it's not just cut him for nothing he's not worth that especially all the damn games he completely and utterly disappeared.  Me or Pan or Russell and even Homer could have did as much as he did on the ice in some games.  Kat would of had a better chance of doing something better on the ice than that guy.  Now that I think about it 1 million is way too much.

Alumni
Date:

-- Edited by SensDawg on Tuesday 21st of July 2015 04:22:26 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Filing for arbitration is just part of the process, rather than a big scary "oooooohhhhh" we need to be worried about.  It happens, and negotiations continue between the team and the player's agent.   We'll see what happens as the summer goes on. 

Turns out u were right all along, especially from what PDorion said.

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

This will be Hoffman's 4th contract.

1st 3 year two way deal  $67,500 AHL / $610,000 NHL

2nd 1 year two way deal  $67,500 AHL / $660,000 NHL

3rd 1 year two way deal  $150,000 AHL / $750,000 NHL

He had a breakthrough year at the right time for him to cash in, while Ottawa needs to make a tough decision on the amount and term.

Thx Homer, I didn't realize that. Obviously.  Heard PierreDorian on podcast and he first off is very good on radio and also made it seem no big deal in Arb because they'll have a contract one way or the other.  I'm all for that since IMO he's a top 6 Forward and this team is always seathing for those

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Kardinal wrote:
Homer wrote:

Last week Sens' prospects participated in a Spartan Race

When will the Sens' Blogger Classic Spartan Race be?

Dunno -- I'm only interested in a ghost pepper burrito eating contest.   Pan has to take part though.

How about couch to fridge and back.

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Dunno -- I'm only interested in a ghost pepper burrito eating contest.   Pan has to take part though.

Alumni
Date:

-- Edited by Homer on Thursday 16th of July 2015 02:44:28 PM

Alumni
Date:

Ottawa needs to hold steady their position.  Really liked most of the contracts they re-signed with their draft picks (excluding Greening).  He was a strong finisher but his linemates did a lot of the dirty work.  What I am saying is it didn't feel like he carried a line to justify a top level contract.  He's not Spezza, Alfie, etc. that level talent.  Most teams did not know about him until this year.  Next year he'll have to push even harder.  Doubt he'll match the total he had this year when the game plan will be to shut him down.

Btw, saw Pageua and Methot at HOPE volleyball this past weekend.  I wish I could unsee Pageau in in jean shorts.  Was praying for no rolled ankles, though lol

Alumni
Date:

This will be Hoffman's 4th contract.

1st 3 year two way deal  $67,500 AHL / $610,000 NHL

2nd 1 year two way deal  $67,500 AHL / $660,000 NHL

3rd 1 year two way deal  $150,000 AHL / $750,000 NHL

He had a breakthrough year at the right time for him to cash in, while Ottawa needs to make a tough decision on the amount and term.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
 It's sort of ridiculous that a guy in his 2nd year is up for arbitration, the owners screwed this contract up.

C'mon TJ.....they were busy making sure they would get their 'get-out-of-jail-free' clause to rid themselves of a couple of contracts they had already signed, so they didn't have time to work on the 'don't-let-me-sign-this-deal' clause.   That'll be in the next CBA.

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

What is Mike Hoffman worth?  TSN has an interesting article about it

Another thing to consider is term, especially with Hoffman's age.  That could be the sticking point between the two sides.

A 1 year deal would still make him a RFA when the contract expires

A 2 year deal, he would be 27 when the contract expires making him a UFA.

I am not sure, but I think arbitration hearings are either 1 or 2 year deals.

It's sort of ridiculous that a guy in his 2nd year is up for arbitration, the owners screwed this contract up.  Even in MLB the most powerful union in all of sports it takes 3 years of real service or a super 2 year player to get arbitration rights.  Super 2's are guys like Stamkos or Crosby would be not Hoffman type guys

Alumni
Date:

What is Mike Hoffman worth?  TSN has an interesting article about it

Another thing to consider is term, especially with Hoffman's age.  That could be the sticking point between the two sides.

A 1 year deal would still make him a RFA when the contract expires

A 2 year deal, he would be 27 when the contract expires making him a UFA.

I am not sure, but I think arbitration hearings are either 1 or 2 year deals.

Alumni
Date:

Luke Richardson will return next season to coach Bingo.

Glad to see him stay with the organization, he's been doing good work in developing our young prospects.  That said it will probably be his last year there as he is bound to get an NHL head coaching job offer somewhere.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

Filing for arbitration is just part of the process, rather than a big scary "oooooohhhhh" we need to be worried about.  It happens, and negotiations continue between the team and the player's agent.   We'll see what happens as the summer goes on. 

I should have put it more clearly, if they go to a hearing and lose then Hoffman will probably be gone.  Which I find ludicrous since he was only the top goal scorer last season and just into his 2nd year.   

It would seem rather silly, wouldn't it?

You don't really lose, but you can sign and trade.  I really can't see him getting a crazy deal compared to what Zbad and Pageau got. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

I should have put it more clearly, if they go to a hearing and lose then Hoffman will probably be gone.  Which I find ludicrous since he was only the top goal scorer last season and just into his 2nd year.   

It would seem rather silly, wouldn't it?

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Yesterday in Sens history......it's a day we just won't talk about, m'kay?

Today in Sens history:

11 yrs ago today: Sens signed Dominik Hasek as a free agent
8 yrs ago today: Sens named John Paddock as their 6th head coach in club history
6 yrs ago today: Sens signed Alex Kovalev as a free agent
4 yrs ago today: Sens signed Erik Condra

Hasek's Groin  (cost em a real shot at the Cup IMO)

Paddock a Donkey  (Stooli called him that right?)

Kovalev a Floater  (Floater is actually a kind word for this guy)

Condra couldn't shoot straight  (if he coulda just hit open nets)

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

I should have put it more clearly, if they go to a hearing and lose then Hoffman will probably be gone.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.