Off season Sens news.

Here's a thought:

Five pending RFAs at the end of last season:

Hoffman: 1yr, $2M

Stone: 3yr, $10.5M ($3.5M AAV)

JGP: 2yr, $1.8M ($900k AAV)

Zibanejad: 2yr, $5.25M ($2.625M AAV)

Chiasson:  1yr, $1.2M

Total cost for all five for the upcoming season: $10.35M of cap hit.    Or, in contrast, just a bit under the cap hit for Patrick Kane ($10.5M). 

Patrick Kane: 27G 37A 64PTS

Hoffman (27G 21A, 48PTS) + Stone (26G 38A, 64 PTS) + Zibanejad (20G 26A, 46 PTS) + JGP (10G 9A 19PTS) + Chiasson (11G  15A, 26PTS)=  94G 109A 203PTS

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I was thinking he would get a bit more than that but is a great deal for the Sens.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

! year, 2 million for Hoff. Great deal for the Sens and , a rarity today, fair deal for Hoffman. now, do it again and then cash in big. 

Alumni
Date:

! year, 2 million for Hoff. Great deal for the Sens and , a rarity today, fair deal for Hoffman. now, do it again and then cash in big. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

News today that we should not expect the arbitration settlement before Sunday evg at the earliest, rather than some time Saturday afternoon. Hey Sens fans on Twitter: PUT THE PHONE DOWN, GO OUTSIDE AND ENJOY SUMMER!!! ;)

it's too hot

Alumni
Date:

News today that we should not expect the arbitration settlement before Sunday evg at the earliest, rather than some time Saturday afternoon. Hey Sens fans on Twitter: PUT THE PHONE DOWN, GO OUTSIDE AND ENJOY SUMMER!!! ;)

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Since the player filed for arbitration and not the team, the team chooses the term. I'd assume that they'll go with the year to retain RFA status BUT I would go with two years IF the award was at a 2-2.5M range

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Not really Sens news but, all that complaining about the cold last winter, we could use a bit of it today. Not 40 below but a small cold front would be appreciated.

As my Uncle Bernie once famously said, " HOLY SNAPPING A$$HOLES, ITS HOT! "

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Not really Sens news but, all that complaining about the cold last winter, we could use a bit of it today. Not 40 below but a small cold front would be appreciated.

Alumni
Date:

what is the determining factor if it's a1 year or 2 year deal?

due to his age. a 1 year deal would still make him an RFA when it expires

a 2 year deal would make him a UFA when it expires

so interesting indeed

Alumni
Date:

I think most of the common thinking is that it'll be around the $3.4M mark, but it'll be interesting if it is one year or two.

I think the Hoffman side was very clever to ask for $3.4M to ensure that the award is under the amount the team could walk away from (which is around $3.7M if I recall correctly the talk about this last week).

Alumni
Date:

I'm going to guess 1 year @ $3.125m.  Slots him in between Zibby and Stone and is a discount on the longer term deal signed by his closest comparable Anders Lee (4 years @ $3.75m).

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

And the answer to question "How much will Alex Chiasson get from arbitration?" is........$1.2M for a 1 year contract.   That's reasonable, if a bit high but we're talking a couple of hundred thousand not high by a million or more.      It's now up to him to show he's worth keeping.

He'll definitely need to prove his worth, even at 1.2M.  When you have guys like Buddy Robinson, Nick Paul, Eric O'Dell, Cole Schneider.... etc. knocking on the door to make the team.

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

What's with the Senators getting hearings on Thursdays?  It must be the NHL wanting to watch fan angst on Twitter over "WHY HASN'T THE AWARD BEEN MADE PUBIC YET?   NOW!   HOW ABOUT NOW?   WHY ARE WE STILL WAITING?  NOW!!!"

Because the leafs are getting the prime arbitration hearing time slots.

of course they are, which is what Noon on Monday's?

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Ah.....I didn't realize that Rogers had the TV contract for those too.    Now everything makes sense.

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

What's with the Senators getting hearings on Thursdays?  It must be the NHL wanting to watch fan angst on Twitter over "WHY HASN'T THE AWARD BEEN MADE PUBIC YET?   NOW!   HOW ABOUT NOW?   WHY ARE WE STILL WAITING?  NOW!!!"

Alumni
Date:

And the answer to question "How much will Alex Chiasson get from arbitration?" is........$1.2M for a 1 year contract.   That's reasonable, if a bit high but we're talking a couple of hundred thousand not high by a million or more.      It's now up to him to show he's worth keeping.

Next up: Mike Hoffman.  His hearing is on Thursday.  

Alumni
Date:

Chiasson asking for $2.45M (I think?).

Team offering $1M.

I'm guessing the arbitrator will come down between the two, but if Condra got $1.3M I can't see Chiasson being worth even that much.  We'll have to see.

Confident Fan
Date:

Lou Lamoriello joins the Leafs, thoughts? And he's the new GM for goodness sakes.....

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Thursday 23rd of July 2015 11:06:15 AM

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

From the friend of a friend file: Apparently Hoffman was in the dog house for not buying into Cameron's system. Preferred to play his own offensive style. Let his line mates do the dirty work. 

The team doesn't need another Spezza - didn't he say it was too late for him to change his style... Yzerman did it.

We need more players that buy into the same system, which WORKS.  We've been there, we've seen the result with floaters and players playing their own style (i.e. Spezza, Heatley). 

If Hoffman doesn't like the system he can go play somewhere else.

«First  <  1 2 3 46  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.