Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: NHL Playoffs - Round 2 general discussions

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: NHL Playoffs - Round 2 general discussions

I'm impressed with the season that the Flames had, and like the Senators, I don't think they have anything to apologize for as far as their season is concerned.   They did better than expected, they were entertaining, and they were more than anyone thought they would. 

I'm not surprised about the 'Hawks beating the Wild, and the sting of losing to the same team three years in a row is close to home for me, so I do feel for the Wild fans.

Now, depending on how the two Eastern series go, we'll see if there is celebration from me or not. wink

Jedi Master
Date:

What, no celebration of the elimination of the Flames?

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Our team has a new goaltender in Matt O'Connor

Can take faceoffs?

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

I know that this will shock you all, but Tampa had zero, that's zero pp's tonight. Mtl had 3. I wonder how Brandon Prust explains that.

"It's about time we got some calls" 

whats pathetic is those jackasses probably believe in their hearts that quote above

Are you talking about the Habs players, the HNIC homers or the media in general? 

Let's just make it all three, for simplicity's sake.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

I know that this will shock you all, but Tampa had zero, that's zero pp's tonight. Mtl had 3. I wonder how Brandon Prust explains that.

"It's about time we got some calls" 

whats pathetic is those jackasses probably believe in their hearts that quote above

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Our team has a new goaltender in Matt O'Connor

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

The "Babclock" is now ticking, as the Red Wings have given him permission to talk to other teams.

Stay in Detroit?

Edmonton?

Buffalo?

Philadelphia?

Toronto?

My guess, if he does move, is on BUF or EDM as both have owners with a TON of cash (Pergula bought the Bill for $1.3B in cash, then bought the Sabres) to pay Babs and a team with a lot of young talent.  I'm still leaning towards BUF as the team had a brutal season but not a string of years of them with high draft picks getting their expectations/dreams crushed by loss after loss after loss for several years in a row.

Babclock. Aren't you clever?

Alumni
Date:

The "Babclock" is now ticking, as the Red Wings have given him permission to talk to other teams.

Stay in Detroit?

Edmonton?

Buffalo?

Philadelphia?

Toronto?

My guess, if he does move, is on BUF or EDM as both have owners with a TON of cash (Pergula bought the Bill for $1.3B in cash, then bought the Sabres) to pay Babs and a team with a lot of young talent.  I'm still leaning towards BUF as the team had a brutal season but not a string of years of them with high draft picks getting their expectations/dreams crushed by loss after loss after loss for several years in a row.

Confident Fan
Date:

Marion Hossa who knew he was going to be such a great 2 way player??? hard to believe he was an Ottawa draft pick he's been gone so long......

Alumni
Date:

20k fans leaving the Bell Centre to see downtown Montreal either smashed or on fire.   I wonder if HNIC will show that, or if it'll fall to the non-sports news channels to report it?

Alumni
Date:

HaBs still breathing. This just sets up for elimination back in mtl and some good ol' fashion rioting. 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

I think this is better than a 6-2 Tampa win.  This was giving the habs some hope and then literally yank it away at the last second.

lucy-football.jpg

Like.  

Alumni
Date:

I think this is better than a 6-2 Tampa win.  This was giving the habs some hope and then literally yank it away at the last second.

lucy-football.jpg

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

LOL Habs.

How much of Montreal is on fire by now?

-- Edited by Russell on Wednesday 6th of May 2015 10:07:45 PM

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

Nice comments from PK before game 3 in Tampa.  I hope they make him a full time captain next season, PK and the habs deserve each other.

“It would be nice to shove it down their throat, you know?” Subban said. “I mean, come in here and win a hockey game and possibly win two would be great.

“I’m sure they would have a bitter taste in their mouths if we did that. We have an opportunity to (win on Wednesday).

“Listen, as far as I am concerned, the pressure is on them. They have had a great start to the playoffs ... we come in here and steal a game, then we will see what they are really about.”

I'm sure Tampa's reaction would be....

https://libbylayla1984.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/8ffd8b1e292d97550b50da36ed9c1068261ac8dcdf3fb7445755f7418401d30f.jpg

Challenge taken and shoved down Montreal's throats w/ 1 second left.   

open up and say aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww, Pernell. 

Alumni
Date:

LOL Habs.

How much of Montreal is on fire by now?

Jedi Master
Date:

Hahahahahahahaha.... Habs suck!!

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Ha ha ha ha ha Olè Olè Olè with 1 second left

Don't like... 

I LOVE IT !!!!

Guffaw guffaw. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Challenge taken and shoved down Montreal's throats w/ 1 second left.   

A LOT

«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.