Alumni
Date:

Ottawa city council open Sens Mile on Elgin

That's so Leaf-ish.  Bastards are gonna jinx the whole thing

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
labru wrote:

This run has been amazing so far. My tank has been safely put away. I just hope management draws the right conclusions, though. 1. The rebuild is not over yet. 2. We can and should do without aging veterans (Philips/Neil). 3....

I was looking at some stats. Hammond has tied Anderson for wins and passed him on the stat sheet, because he's 14-0-1 vs. Anderson's 14-12-7. I know it's not all his doing, far from that, the rest of the team played a major part in that but still. Hammond has made the first page of league wide wins. Oh, and he's done it playing almost half the minutes of the next guy. Ottawa has two guys in the top-20 of save%.

Mark Stone has scored .73 ppg as a rookie. Very respectable, I say! And by the way, that's third on the team. Behind EK and BFR. Chiasson is 10th in ppg on the team. Which is about where I'd put him at the start of the season, but regarding the first half of the season it still surprises me a bit.

What further surprised me a bit is that most of the D isn't half bad in the +/- department. Methot +19, Borowiecki +15, EK & Gryba +10 and Wiercioch +8. Color me impressed. Last year Gryba was the only + on D with +9! The year before EK & Wiercioch stood out with +'s,  the others were all close to 0 or below. Even in 2011-2012 only Kuba, EK and #4 were above 0.  There are also some discrepancies between road games and home games there: Methot is +20 at home and -1 on the road! EK is +13 at home, -3 on the road. Just saying.

Cowen has been on the ice for almost twice as many Goals against than Goals for! (61 vs 35).

Pageau is still the only Sen C with a Face off record of more than 50% at 50.6%. Free tip from Labru to Cameron: don't let Legwand take face offs when we're shorthanded: he loses almost twice as many as he wins (98 vs 54). And he's takeing the most short handed face offs on the team. The only area where he's above 50% is the PP. SH Pageau isn't that much better: 40 wins, 60 losses. Only Turris is ~50% short handed.  I know it's just desktop number science by a foreigner from a country where hockey is played by 11 against 11 on artificial grass. But I know that much about ice hockey to say that face off wins are important especially on the PK.

Chiason takes a lot of penalties for a forward. Stats don't show if they're necessary or stupid, but it should be less.

The shooting percentages of Stone, Hoffman and ZBad are quite respectable if maybe somewhat unsustainable at ~15%.

Mark Stone is incredible at take-aways with 1,2 per game! Currently second in the league, trailing Ryan O'Reilly by only 1. Looking good in that top-5 as well: O'Reilly, Stone, Tavares, Benn and Monahan. He also only gave 36 away, compared to 95 by Tavares (leading the league there), EK trailing by 3 for a 'respectable' 4th place . Apart from Ovechkin, no one misses as many shots as our Captain. 

Did you know that Legwand has the most PPG's on this team (with only 6 I might add). The team has 40 PPG's and EK has points on 25 of them.

Extrapolation time:
At the end of the season the top-5's could be:

Goals:
Hoffman 30G
Turris 24G
Karlsson 22G
ZBad 22G
Ryan/Stone 21G

Assists:
Karlsson 46A
Ryan 40A
Stone 38A
Turris 35A
ZBad 27A

Turris 59P
Stone 59P
Hoffman 52P

Wins (this is tricky but fun):
Hammond 23W record extrapolated to be 23-0-2

But in all seriousness, I don't think he'll be able to start all games that are left. Therefore he'll probably end somewhere around 20W.

Anderson 16WLehner is done for the season IMO, so 9W

Sorry guys just had to dive into the numbers as I do from time to time. Thought I share some things with you.

Hey, 22 girls on a field, beating each other with sticks, is not to be trivialized. Kinda hot, actually.

We're kinda good at it too! 

And yes, their uniforms are way sexier than those of the female ice hockey squad. No offense ladies.

Alumni
Date:

labru wrote:

This run has been amazing so far. My tank has been safely put away. I just hope management draws the right conclusions, though. 1. The rebuild is not over yet. 2. We can and should do without aging veterans (Philips/Neil). 3....

I was looking at some stats. Hammond has tied Anderson for wins and passed him on the stat sheet, because he's 14-0-1 vs. Anderson's 14-12-7. I know it's not all his doing, far from that, the rest of the team played a major part in that but still. Hammond has made the first page of league wide wins. Oh, and he's done it playing almost half the minutes of the next guy. Ottawa has two guys in the top-20 of save%.

Mark Stone has scored .73 ppg as a rookie. Very respectable, I say! And by the way, that's third on the team. Behind EK and BFR. Chiasson is 10th in ppg on the team. Which is about where I'd put him at the start of the season, but regarding the first half of the season it still surprises me a bit.

What further surprised me a bit is that most of the D isn't half bad in the +/- department. Methot +19, Borowiecki +15, EK & Gryba +10 and Wiercioch +8. Color me impressed. Last year Gryba was the only + on D with +9! The year before EK & Wiercioch stood out with +'s,  the others were all close to 0 or below. Even in 2011-2012 only Kuba, EK and #4 were above 0.  There are also some discrepancies between road games and home games there: Methot is +20 at home and -1 on the road! EK is +13 at home, -3 on the road. Just saying.

Cowen has been on the ice for almost twice as many Goals against than Goals for! (61 vs 35).

Pageau is still the only Sen C with a Face off record of more than 50% at 50.6%. Free tip from Labru to Cameron: don't let Legwand take face offs when we're shorthanded: he loses almost twice as many as he wins (98 vs 54). And he's takeing the most short handed face offs on the team. The only area where he's above 50% is the PP. SH Pageau isn't that much better: 40 wins, 60 losses. Only Turris is ~50% short handed.  I know it's just desktop number science by a foreigner from a country where hockey is played by 11 against 11 on artificial grass. But I know that much about ice hockey to say that face off wins are important especially on the PK.

Chiason takes a lot of penalties for a forward. Stats don't show if they're necessary or stupid, but it should be less.

The shooting percentages of Stone, Hoffman and ZBad are quite respectable if maybe somewhat unsustainable at ~15%.

Mark Stone is incredible at take-aways with 1,2 per game! Currently second in the league, trailing Ryan O'Reilly by only 1. Looking good in that top-5 as well: O'Reilly, Stone, Tavares, Benn and Monahan. He also only gave 36 away, compared to 95 by Tavares (leading the league there), EK trailing by 3 for a 'respectable' 4th place . Apart from Ovechkin, no one misses as many shots as our Captain. 

Did you know that Legwand has the most PPG's on this team (with only 6 I might add). The team has 40 PPG's and EK has points on 25 of them.

Extrapolation time:

Goals:
Hoffman 30G
Turris 24G
Karlsson 22G
ZBad 22G
Ryan/Stone 21G

Assists:
Karlsson 46A
Ryan 40A
Stone 38A
Turris 35A
ZBad 27A

Turris 59P
Stone 59P
Hoffman 52P

But in all seriousness, I don't think he'll be able to start all games that are left. Therefore he'll probably end somewhere around 20W.

Sorry guys just had to dive into the numbers as I do from time to time. Thought I share some things with you.

Hey, 22 girls on a field, beating each other with sticks, is not to be trivialized. Kinda hot, actually.

Alumni
Date:

Extrapolation time:

Goals:
Hoffman 30G
Turris 24G
Karlsson 22G
ZBad 22G
Ryan/Stone 21G

Assists:
Karlsson 46A
Ryan 40A
Stone 38A
Turris 35A
ZBad 27A

Turris 59P
Stone 59P
Hoffman 52P

Jedi Master
Date:

1 point UP on the Bruins, with 1 game in hand. Woohoo!!

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

Pre-Game Video before the Sharks-Sens game

Alumni
Date:
Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

extra-awesome.jpg

Alumni
Date:

extra-awesome.jpg

Jedi Master
Date:

Boston lost to Tampa today.

We are now 1 point back, with 2 games in hand.

«First  <  14 5 6 | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.