Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 63: Senators vs Slugs 1930h TSN5 RDS

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 63: Senators vs Slugs 1930h TSN5 RDS

Mornin' Ralph. Could be worse™ -- they could be been out of cheap lousy beer.

Alumni
Date:

evening Sam, 

after my second tour of duty at walmart here in florida, I am starting to suspect an unhealthy level of inbreeding may be  taking place around here.  I should have suspected this after the country cracker karaoke at the restaurant the other night. 

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

News release:  Sens fans attending tonight's game will receive a free McDonald's hamburger.

w00t!

Well they have gotten a lot of free publicity the past couple weeks

Alumni
Date:

If  Buffalo starts to win I wonder if they'll pull their goalie.

Alumni
Date:

Slugs goalie Chad Johnson apparently hurt during morning skate; Anders Lindback will start the game tonight. 

Another crafty tank move by Timmy Murray.

Alumni
Date:
Alumni
Date:

This should get you fired up:  pre-game video for tonight's game.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Finally figured out Sens unexpected run at the playoffs. Sitting there watching the weather forecast last night and J.J. telling us that with the wind chill it would reach -30, I remembered some sports talk guy saying that the Sens would make the playoffs when hell froze over. Considering the winter we have had, I guess they must be skating in hell.

Alumni
Date:

Hammond was in the starter's net this morning at the game day skate.   Hoffman was on the ice, and said the cut split his lip and looked worse than it was.  No headache.    Puempel is in, Greening is out.

Anderson very emotional during press time this morning about his frustration with his injury status and not being able to help the team out.   "I should have spoken up sooner. I take the onus and put it on myself to be a little more vocal."  Not playing is  "killing me inside to not play and watch".  He can dress tonight in back-up role.

Coach on injured players:

MacArthur: still has some symptoms, but not as frequent.  Improvement noted.

Lehner: not at rink.   Coach isn't sure what's going on, but doesn't think he's progressed as far as CM. 

Phillips: skating but not yet back.

Smith: now week to week, rather than month to month.   Another evaluation coming up.

Alumni
Date:

He didn't fare well in the AHL, but he also had a mediocre-at-best team in front of him.

Alumni
Date:

Hammond didn't fare well against the AHL competition this season, so I fully expect him to crash and burn against the ECHL Sabres.

Alumni
Date:

I guess the greater question is not "Will Ottawa win?" It's "Will Buffalo allow Ottawa to lose?"

Alumni
Date:

Will the Hamburgler be in net?   Will Anderson make his return?  Or Phillips?  Or Smith?  Puempel vs Greening?   Buddy Robinson to be called up?

Nobody knows, as of yet.     At least two Callups will be at the game on Friday -- I'm hoping they bring the game they've been playing out west and dismantle the Slugs and Ochocinco.  

«First  <  16 7 8 | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.