Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 60: Senators @ Sharks, 2200h SN TVA2, CSN-CA

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Game 60: Senators @ Sharks, 2200h SN TVA2, CSN-CA

#UnitedInBed, it's Saturday nite ya'll can stay up late. There's no school tomorrow

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Thx Kardinal for the other updates, I appreciate those.

You're welcome -- I'm more than just a radio voice, ya know. ;)

Alumni
Date:

With Lazar out, Condra will move from left wing to right wing and Puempel will play on the left side.  

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Thx Homer for the playoff update--unfortunately Boston has picked up 4 pts. since Ottawa's win in LA

We'll be fine, we just need to win the games we have in hand on them.  Beat them in regulation in our games against them and match them win for win on the rest of the games.  They're beating Arizona today, we just need to match that with a win against the Sharks

It's actually pretty simple.  Have faith  

Confident Fan
Date:

Thx Kardinal for the other updates, I appreciate those.

Confident Fan
Date:

Thx Homer for the playoff update--unfortunately Boston has picked up 4 pts. since Ottawa's win in LA

Alumni
Date:

GP    W     L   OT   GAA     Sv       Sv%    SO    G    A  PIM  TOI
Craig Anderson       31  13    11   7    2.37    926    .927    3    0    0    4   1,846:59
Robin Lehner          25    9    12   3    3.02    705    .905    0    0    1    0   1,471:20
Andrew Hammond  5      4     0    0    1.15    126    .962    2    0    0    0    260:06

I know it's a small sample size, but Hammond's stats can help but make me grin.    I didn't know Andy had 4 PIMs.

Alumni
Date:

Lazar out, Puempel in.  (Lazar isn't feeling well, apparently).   Hammond in goal, Driedger is the backup.

Alumni
Date:

So is this the game where we jump our tank over the shark?  Or trade it in for a big new truck like Lazar has

A few weeks ago, we were closer to a top 5 pick than a playoff spot.  Now with our games in hand we're closer to a playoff spot

WildcardGPPts
*Washington6376
*Boston6169
Florida6165
Philadelphia6163
Ottawa5962

Game remaining against those teams

Boston 2
Philadelphia 2
Florida 0
Washington 1

Winning our two games in hand we have on Florida and Philadelphia puts us ahead of them.  But we would also have to win our 2 games against the Flyers to stay ahead of them.  

If we win our two games in hand we have over Boston and also win the games have against them in regulation time, we would gain 8 points on them.

We have 4 games in hand on Washington and play them once.  That's 10 points we ca make up on them.

We have 23 games remaining and would need to win 16-17 of those, including the 5 against the 4 teams ahead of us in regulation time.  That would give us 94-96 points.  Boston is on pace for 93 points.

Boston plays Washington and Florida twice each and Philadelphia once.  If we're going for 8th, then Washington has to win both games against Boston and let Washington get the 7th seed.   As for the games against the Flyers and Panthers, it depends on how the rest of the games play out, but they would need to be on in regulation time.

Washington has no games remaining against the Flyers or Panthers, only the two against Boston.

The Flyers and Panthers don't play each other the remainder of the season, which is good for Ottawa.  No 3 point games there.

It's a lot of ifs, but the if right games are won and lost... WHO KNOWS !!  We could end up in a 1st round match up against Montreal, which could be a lot of fun.

Alumni
Date:

We'll be #UnitedInBed again tonight, with another left coast late night start.    No lineup info available yet as it's only 0540h in California.    If it's half as exciting as the LA game, we'll be having fun again tonight.

«First  <  16 7 8 | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.