Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Trade Deadline talk

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Trade Deadline talk

Breaking: Sens sign Rob Klinkhammer, to play goal. just out of habit.

Alumni
Date:

If I wasn't too lazy (which I am), I'd go looking for the Kessel-Scott fight gifs of a lightsabre or a purse instead of his stick.

Alumni
Date:

i still think that might be the best gif ever made. top 3 anyways.

Alumni
Date:

I just wish the Lovers of Yardwaste would stop pitching the jerseys on the ice and switch back to waffles. Only to see this:

Waffles for Olli

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

Franson traded back to the Predators. So with the original trade in 2011 and the one today the final tally is:

Nashville gets:
- Lebda (1 year cap dump)
- Slaney (ECHL)
- cap space (2011)
- Santorelli (UFA)

Leafs get:
- 2015 1st
- Leipsic (small prospect, Gallagher style potential)
- Lombardi (cap dump with concussion issues, traded for conditional 4th round pick)
- Jokinen (cap dump)

So much for Laffland demanding a 1st rounder EACH for Franson and Santo.

i'm surprised they got even 1 first rounder.

Alumni
Date:

Franson traded back to the Predators. So with the original trade in 2011 and the one today the final tally is:

Nashville gets:
- Lebda (1 year cap dump)
- Slaney (ECHL)
- cap space (2011)
- Santorelli (UFA)

Leafs get:
- 2015 1st
- Leipsic (small prospect, Gallagher style potential)
- Lombardi (cap dump with concussion issues, traded for conditional 4th round pick)
- Jokinen (cap dump)

So much for Laffland demanding a 1st rounder EACH for Franson and Santo.

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

I think about mid-February we'll see some movement on the Methot contract talks. Valentine's Dsy would be his 15th game back and chances are that'll be an indicator on how his injury is doing. If things are looking good I would say that Wiercioch is dealt fairly shortly after.

Right on schedule.

that conditional 7th round pick for Wiercioch won't mean anything because that's all he's worth so why bother even trying to trade him?  he's no more useful than Greening or half the other guys on this team, this is a lottery team and nothing more right now.

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Thursday 12th of February 2015 06:27:03 PM

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

I think about mid-February we'll see some movement on the Methot contract talks. Valentine's Dsy would be his 15th game back and chances are that'll be an indicator on how his injury is doing. If things are looking good I would say that Wiercioch is dealt fairly shortly after.

Right on schedule.

Alumni
Date:

Pan wrote:
senior wrote:

Somewhere in Winnipeg - Evander Kane: Buffalo, BUFFALO nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Elsewhere in Winnipeg - Zach Bogosian: WTF Buffalo! Kane your so dead!

Exactly what I was thinking.  Gotta feel bad for him that he's moving his life because his teammate was being a pain in the butt....and now has to continue to deal with him on a much worse team. 

hadn't thought of that. man, that would make for some quiet dinners. i wouldn't put them together in the same hotel room.

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Somewhere in Winnipeg - Evander Kane: Buffalo, BUFFALO nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Pan
Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking.  Gotta feel bad for him that he's moving his life because his teammate was being a pain in the butt....and now has to continue to deal with him on a much worse team. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Alumni
Date:

call now, we can't do this all day!

Alumni
Date:

"But wait!   Timmy's not finished!   If you trade in the next 14 minutes........"   This is starting to sound like an infomercial for engineering the tanking of a season.

To DALLAS: G Jonas Enroth ($1.25M, UFA at end of season)

To BUFFALO: G Anders Lindback ($925k, UFA at end of season) + 3rd (becomes a 2nd if Enroth wins 4 playoff games)

-- Edited by Kardinal on Wednesday 11th of February 2015 05:02:10 PM

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Now that's what I call going full tank. Oh well. Maybe we can get the second pick.

Alumni
Date:

Good gamble for Buff. didn't give up a ton and any risk with Kane is offset by the fact that they are AWFUL!!!!!!! so, can't get any worse. might be a steal for them.

Alumni
Date:

Trade deadline deals have started early, and it'll be hard to top this one:

To WINNIPEG: F Drew Stafford ($4M, pending UFA), D Tyler Myers ($5.5M w/ 4yrs remaining), F Joel Armia (prospect, AHL), F Brendan Lemieux (unsigned prospect, OHL), 1st round pick (originally belonging to NYI)

To BUFFALO: F Evander Kane ($5.25M w/ 3yrs remaining), D Zach Bogosian ($5.143M x 5 yrs remaining), G Jason Kasdorf (unsigned prospect)

I can't help but think that Winnipeg did better on this trade, given they had a player they wanted to get rid of.   Bogosian isn't having a great season while Myers is better than last year, so we'll have to see how it all pans out.  

Thoughts?

Veteran
Date:

Wanting the bad apple is part of that Extra 2% philosophy though.  It helps to get talent for a lot cheaper than getting the good apples, and sometimes it works out REALLY well.  That being said, the Tampa Bay Rays still haven't won the World Series.

I'm good with going for Kane, but for the right price.  Hard to say what Winnipeg would take for him, but I don't think we would have to give up too much to get him - especially now that he's on the IR for the rest of the season.

People need to remember though that this isn't another Kyle Turris situation.  It's (potentially) a lot more volatile.

-- Edited by stephen_g on Monday 9th of February 2015 03:20:16 PM

Alumni
Date:

He did like the Kane to the Flyers tweet last season.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

I think he'll end up either in Philadelphia or LA. But not til next season.

1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.