Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 25: Islanders @ Senators - Alfie's night

Post Info
Pie Connoisseur
Date:
RE: Game 25: Islanders @ Senators - Alfie's night

Going up to plus 1 Saturday. May put my shorts on and put them up then.

Confident Fan
Date:

since I mentioned Vancouver--they just shutout the Pens with their backup goalie tonite 3-0. Torts wasn't much of a coach there at the end of his career. Ottawa plays Van Sunday and probably will get the backup ;-( that day

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
senior wrote:

Put my x-mas tree lights up in November when it was warm rather than waiting and freezing my but off. Turned them on this week and one string was out. So went out and took them down, in the cold. Brought them inside and they worked. Wet out and put them back up yesterday. Last night my wife asks why the lights aren't working. Down they came again today. Buying a new set tomorrow. Should have known better than to try and fool jack frost.

Buying some of those lights from Canadian Tire like in the commercials?

oops, almost forgot... Could be worse.

lol!!

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Put my x-mas tree lights up in November when it was warm rather than waiting and freezing my but off. Turned them on this week and one string was out. So went out and took them down, in the cold. Brought them inside and they worked. Wet out and put them back up yesterday. Last night my wife asks why the lights aren't working. Down they came again today. Buying a new set tomorrow. Should have known better than to try and fool jack frost.

that sucks!

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

Buying some of those lights from Canadian Tire like in the commercials?

oops, almost forgot... Could be worse.

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

I've never been to Calgary, but have family there.  some crazy weather extremes.  Super cold, warm and even the odd summer snowstorms.

Rocky's right there aren't they?  Banff resort?  Cowboys?  Oil wells?  Moose?  

Yeah, I'm about an hour and a half from the mountains and Banff.

Definitely Cowboys and Oil Fields... and Moose, yes.  lol

No reindeer though, not quite far enough North for that!

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

I've never been to Calgary, but have family there.  some crazy weather extremes.  Super cold, warm and even the odd summer snowstorms.

The September storm was nasty this year.  

But the really warm days scattered throughout the winter are nice.

Confident Fan
Date:

any reindeer?

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Well it could be worse...

lol, it can always be worse....

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

Rocky's right there aren't they?  Banff resort?  Cowboys?  Oil wells?  Moose?  

Jedi Master
Date:

Well it could be worse...

Confident Fan
Date:

that's a good 2nd period for our guys--considering all the putrid 2nd periods they have had

Alumni
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

It's a unique phenomenon to this area. We get these weather systems that come through, and can swing the temperature as much as 40 degrees in either direction in one day.

Confident Fan
Date:

that was too bad, they just missed taking the lead

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

-7 is 19 F

it's -11 in Ottawa now, which is 12 F

12 or -11 either way that is frikkin cold

To put it in perspective for you, then... when I was complaining about the cold here last week... it was -27, -36 with the windchill.  That's -17 and -33 for you.

Thx, I knew when u showed those figures last week that no matter what it was COLD!!!

DAMNED cold.  And that's why this warm spell next week is going to be awesome!

55 is warm, even here in California in Dec. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

no stick, take your time

but not that much time...

Confident Fan
Date:

no stick, take your time

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

-7 is 19 F

it's -11 in Ottawa now, which is 12 F

12 or -11 either way that is frikkin cold

To put it in perspective for you, then... when I was complaining about the cold here last week... it was -27, -36 with the windchill.  That's -17 and -33 for you.

Thx, I knew when u showed those figures last week that no matter what it was COLD!!!

DAMNED cold.  And that's why this warm spell next week is going to be awesome!

«First  <  1 2 3 4 57  >  Last»  | Page of 7  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.