Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Post Info
Pie Connoisseur
Date:
RE: Around the league - stuff concerning other teams.

Homer wrote:

Flyers and Canadiens will play to an empty Bell Center tonight. 

It'll help community outbreaks from getting worse, but the NHL should take a full pause while still having players submit daily tests for a couple weeks. 

I doubt it will happen though, at least not until after the Winter Classic game. 

The NFL has announced it is re-scheduling a number of games due to covid.

Alumni
Date:

Maurice resigns as head coach, says Jets need a new voice.

Has a coach ever resigned before in these circumstances?  Things must be pretty bad in the dressing room.

Alumni
Date:

Flyers and Canadiens will play to an empty Bell Center tonight. 

It'll help community outbreaks from getting worse, but the NHL should take a full pause while still having players submit daily tests for a couple weeks. 

I doubt it will happen though, at least not until after the Winter Classic game. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

The Florida Panthers have placed 5 players on the covid list today.  Makes you wonder at the timing of this announcement . Did the Panthers know these players were infected before the game last night but delayed the announcement until today? I also noticed that NFL announced Monday that a number players tested positive. Did all these players get covid over night? Be interesting to see if any Sens players come down with covid over the next week.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Dallas Stars announced goalie Ben Bishop's career is over because of a degenerative condition in his right knee.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Blackhawks playing the "statute of limitations" card to dismiss the Beach lawsuit.

TSN

The NHL gives all of us every reason to say F them and never watch their product again, Bettman and this bunch in Chicago are as reprehensible as can be. Point being letting that sleeze Aldrich a second opp with the Stanley Cup as the previous post points out. The Chicago owner came out and said he was going to take care of this didn’t he? What about the 16 year old? This is just crazy stuff by this league and Chicago 

scum bags 

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Blackhawks playing the "statute of limitations" card to dismiss the Beach lawsuit.

TSN

The NHL gives all of us every reason to say F them and never watch their product again, Bettman and this bunch in Chicago are as reprehensible as can be. Point being letting that sleeze Aldrich a second opp with the Stanley Cup as the previous post points out. The Chicago owner came out and said he was going to take care of this didn’t he? What about the 16 year old? This is just crazy stuff by this league and Chicago 

Alumni
Date:

TSN

Alumni
Date:

This is nuts on every level.

https://www.tsn.ca/aldrich-granted-second-opportunity-with-stanley-cup-while-on-probation-1.1718657

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:

The Ducks placed GM and executive VP Bob Murray on administrative leave pending an ongoing investigation related to professional conduct.

"We recently became aware of accusations of improper professional conduct against Bob Murray," the club said in a statement.

Damn, I wonder how many others will get investigated for improper conduct. That statement is pretty vague. 

Haven't had much time to dig in but I saw a tweet that called out the investigation has been ongoing and the move to put him on admin leave was based on the results of the investigation thus far.

Well THAT doesn't sound good at all. 

From the sounds of it just like with the Portland TrailBlazers NBA squad and their jacka** GM and now Murray these a**holes who’ve been running franchises with zero people skills other than being bad guys are being run out of jobs. Finally 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

The Ducks placed GM and executive VP Bob Murray on administrative leave pending an ongoing investigation related to professional conduct.

"We recently became aware of accusations of improper professional conduct against Bob Murray," the club said in a statement.

Damn, I wonder how many others will get investigated for improper conduct. That statement is pretty vague. 

Haven't had much time to dig in but I saw a tweet that called out the investigation has been ongoing and the move to put him on admin leave was based on the results of the investigation thus far.

Well THAT doesn't sound good at all. 

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Calgary or Vegas is trading for Eichel, Seattle and SanJose get to face him all the time 🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ He’ll miss a minimum of 3 months once he has surgery

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

John Doe victim is on Canadian SportsCentre tonight.

Turns out Chevy the Jets GM probably wasn’t at the meeting I guess 🤷🏼‍♂️

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

I watched it. heartbreaking. 

It really was, takes one heck of a lot of courage to do what he’s done. Q and all those other execs who let that Predator go on to do the same things to that 16 year old and other minors really need to pay a huge price for ignoring this. You’d of thought after that creep Graham James the hockey world would have learned something 

Q is out in Miami and Torts is rumored to be front runner so Bob the Goalie and the Panthers leading goal scorer Anthony Duclair can’t be thrilled after their time together in Columbus.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

I watched it. heartbreaking. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

We all want Chevy to resign. There's no way him and the other person 'didn't know about it'. He needs to do the right thing.

He lied about a sexual predator, and allowed that creep to go on and do it to others.  He and Coach Q need to go to. 

This is all messed up. How many others knew?  The NHL, Blackhawks, and other teams can't turn a blind eye to this anymore. 

I would not be surprised of others come forward at the NHL and Junior levels. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

We all want Chevy to resign. There's no way him and the other person 'didn't know about it'. He needs to do the right thing.

He lied about a sexual predator, and allowed that creep to go on and do it to others.  He and Coach Q need to go to. 

Alumni
Date:

« First  <  Page 4  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.