Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 3: Sens @ Panthers

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 3: Sens @ Panthers

Get your ass back here, Kat. This place is the home of Sens smack talk. Just blast him on something he says, we'll all make fun of him and its all good. 

Alumni
Date:

My comment wasn't directed at you personally Kat, and in fact Pan and I disagreed on this very point on our latest episode.  I've long been on the record for being tired of constantly-complaining fans for whom, it seems, anything less than a game-3-vs-Montreal-in-2013 isn't good enough, and there were lots of Twitter/radio call-in/email complaints that this game was boring.

I'd rather see a win, no matter how boring, than a loss no matter how exciting, as two points are more important to me than whether the game was filled with edge-of-the-seat-moments.   If you feel differently, that's fine, as we all see things through the lens of our own opinions and our listeners do share them with us via email, via Twitter, and via these forums.

Pan
Alumni
Date:

Except Adnan

Alumni
Date:

I'm late to the game here but just saw this and must say --- everyone has an opinion. That's all it is. I don't get caught up in this "real fan" biz. I figure anyone who spends time watching , reading or contributing to a forum, twitter, etc. is fan enough :)

Pan
Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

If the choice is between an "exciting" game, and one that isn't perhaps as interesting but is a win, I'll take the win.  Every. Single. Time.    

I don't think this team is going to be the Devils of years past, but I think people complaining that a game is 'boring' is just another in the monotony of complaints from the short-attention-span sect.    

Well geez Kardinal, terribly sorry to not live up to your high expectations for what makes a "real" Sens fan.  Can't imagine why your forum isn't attracting a lot of attention.  Guess I'll be off now, since I clearly have too short of an attention span to bother hanging around.

Don't leave us Sens Kat! I still like you!  Now...where'd that shiny red ball go....

Jedi Master
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

If the choice is between an "exciting" game, and one that isn't perhaps as interesting but is a win, I'll take the win.  Every. Single. Time.    

I don't think this team is going to be the Devils of years past, but I think people complaining that a game is 'boring' is just another in the monotony of complaints from the short-attention-span sect.    

Well geez Kardinal, terribly sorry to not live up to your high expectations for what makes a "real" Sens fan.  Can't imagine why your forum isn't attracting a lot of attention.  Guess I'll be off now, since I clearly have too short of an attention span to bother hanging around.

Alumni
Date:

I remember last year we got out to a disastrous start and never recovered, so I'm glad we're getting these October wins... they'll count when we're potentially scrounging for a spot in April.

Alumni
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

Yeah, it wasn't a high-paced exciting game, but for the most part the team didn't play badly.  Just boringly.  lol.  Andy was solid, didn't have to make any big flashy saves, but his positioning was great all night, and pucks seemed to just keep hitting him - always a good sign.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

where the Sens better on D tonight or was Andy amazing or both?

The whole team was reasonably good, Anderson played well......and the opposition was the Panthers, not the Penguins.

There were some hit posts and some very good scoring opportunities that Luongo handled well, hence the reason he was chosen the game's second star.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Thx SensKat and Kardinal for posting during the game. Just landed and it's always good to be able to follow the game thru the thread--especially when they win.

Send an email praising the game threads and how much fun they are.  Perhaps more will join the fun that way!  wink

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

We are going to need these wins, I think... so I'll take it, but I REALLY hope we don't have to sit through another game like that this season.

Could've been worse: Watching the scoreboard feed.

That was a few years back though, what an embarrassment that was.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

The only highlight from tonight's game so far is the way that Andy is playing.

Maybe that's why there aren't any highlights to be found online (yet).

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:
SensKat wrote:
canuck wrote:

Any empty seats? ;)

lol... one or two!

<strike>Rows.</strike>  Sections.   Per corner.

Few empty sections on the forums as well, this game. Thanks SensKat for providing the highlights, apparently NHL.com doesn't anymore (I mean they're still not up there yet).

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Nope, he was scratched tonight.

This only means he's staying in Ottawa for a few days longer, right?

Confident Fan
Date:

Kat where the Sens better on D tonight or was Andy amazing or both?

Confident Fan
Date:

Thx SensKat and Kardinal for posting during the game. Just landed and it's always good to be able to follow the game thru the thread--especially when they win.

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:

If I had to miss a game while driving, this was the one, I guess. Snoozer. But dean and gord kept us giggling all the way back from the cottage. 

I do miss that.  I know some people found them annoying on the broadcasts, but I actually like the humour they bring to the whole thing.

Alumni
Date:

If I had to miss a game while driving, this was the one, I guess. Snoozer. But dean and gord kept us giggling all the way back from the cottage. 

Alumni
Date:

I'd rather sit through games like that than games where the Sens lose.  I'll take a boring win over an exciting loss every day of the week.  I guess I've watched too many NJD games in my lifetime.

1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.