Yes, but not in this draft. 2015 baby!
33.3%
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: The 2014 Draft

lol, the lowest rated player to be picked in the first round. nice

Jedi Master
Date:

If Spezza is going to go, I want something back that we can legitimately say helps this team. Right now they still have time, so there is no reason to rush into anything.

Confident Fan
Date:

I'm sure the Sharks could pick up some 2nd round pick and 4th rounder here if they play this right

Confident Fan
Date:

exactly, if the Kesler trade is any indication then don't trade Spezza. they need to get at least 1 sure thing back.

Jedi Master
Date:

I guess one of the differences is that Murray has said all along that he won't make the trade just for the sake of making a trade... if it's not right, Spezza stays right where he is. Hopefully he sticks to that.

Confident Fan
Date:

unfortunately I don't think Murray is going to get much for Spezza at this point, the Canucks got a 4th line Center a nothing Defenseman, the young Center just picked who didn't quite live up to what he was supposed to in Juniors and Derek Dorsett an energy guy. If the Canucks are planning on tanking next year and getting a top 2 pick this trade was brilliant but if they are trying to win anything it sucks.

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Friday 27th of June 2014 09:50:17 PM

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

SensKat would u have traded Spezza for James Neal straight up?

Good question.  Probably not.  Neal has had a couple of good seasons playing with Crosby, but he's not a proven scorer without a top centre, and trading away our best to get him would seem like too much of a risk to me.

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

the GM for Vancouver needs to tone down his enthusiasm doesn't he?

I know these days are probably very long for those guys, but you would think, given that it is the most important day so far in the lives of these kids, that they could at least pretend to be happy with their picks.

Confident Fan
Date:

That's it, Filatov

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat would u have traded Spezza for James Neal straight up?

Jedi Master
Date:

Filatov?

Confident Fan
Date:

the GM for Vancouver needs to tone down his enthusiasm doesn't he?

Confident Fan
Date:

Nikita Nikitin or some such name like that. 4.5M for that guy!?!? I'm extremely bitter today

Confident Fan
Date:

but Dorsett does bring energy, so there's that. You'd think guys who play kid's game for a great living could be expected to bring energy each time they play a game.

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

3rd round picks net you guys like Derek Dorsett who scores a whole 8 pts in 51 games, those 3rd rounders also can get u Russians from Columbus who can't cut it in the NHL. I forget the doofus's name who Ottawa traded for a few years ago.

Might need a few more details than that to narrow it down! lol

Confident Fan
Date:

3rd round picks net you guys like Derek Dorsett who scores a whole 8 pts in 51 games, those 3rd rounders also can get u Russians from Columbus who can't cut it in the NHL. I forget the doofus's name who Ottawa traded for a few years ago.

Jedi Master
Date:

Those awkward pauses when the kid drafted is at the far end of the arena and needs 5 minutes to walk to the stage...

Jedi Master
Date:

Sharks are strange these days. Never sure exactly what they are going to do.

Confident Fan
Date:

the Sharks trade back for an extra 3rd round pick in a down draft and let Kapanen and Fabbri go, hopefully the GM of a team who can't win after a 3-0 lead knows what the heck he's doing. I doubt it somehow

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Friday 27th of June 2014 09:30:12 PM

Jedi Master
Date:

oh - lol. I didn't see it.

«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.