Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Spezza

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Spezza

if the deal was better for us, sure, trade with the laffs or the habs. I don't care if we get the better of them.

Alumni
Date:

I know that the 2015 draft is considered a much better group, but would you prefer a 2014 or a 2015 1st rounder in return for Spezza? Considering that a 2015 pick is probably a year further away from being NHL-ready and the ongoing rebuild and all...

Alumni
Date:

So if I understand correctly a lot of you guys wouldn't mind a trade with Toronto, if the return is right?

I wouldn't either, especially if Murray can extract that extra piece/better piece because they're an arch rival.

I would hate to see a trade for trade's sake with a 'bad' return, just because Murray doesn't want to trade Spezza to Toronto or Montreal.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

Kadri is a cheapshot weasel. i would never EVER want him on the sens.

I agree, on both counts.  I've never said we'd keep him, just that we'd take him as part of a trade.  GMBM could then turn around and trade him elsewhere for something else.  

For the record: Kadri is a GUTLESS cheapshot weasel.      Key point.

Confident Fan
Date:

cheapshot weasels can change, can't they?

Alumni
Date:

Kadri is a cheapshot weasel. i would never EVER want him on the sens.

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal's right, I'd do that trade he's got there. Remember what happened to ClarkeMacArthur once the Leaf stink was erased.

Alumni
Date:

IF....key word, IF.....Spezza was traded to the Make Beliefs, Kadri isn't the key piece of the deal, he's one of the other pieces. 2015-1st, Kadri and prospect (like Gauthier). Not a 1-for-1.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Spezza for Kadri. To even consider this trade is to indicate how screwed up things have gotten.

Alumni
Date:

shut up!!!!!!!!!

Alumni
Date:

I'd be game for a Spezza for Kadri trade. At this point

Alumni
Date:

The Hockey Chat‏@TheHockeyChat The Ottawa Senators have contacted the Toronto Maple Leafs regarding the availability of Nazem Kadri #NHL No official offer as of yet Sold for Kadri + 8th + Gauthier.

Alumni
Date:

I'd laugh if TOR did put up a bunch of assets to get Spezza, he played a year there, hated the media and fans, and then left as a UFA. Two firsts and a second is probably a bit steep, so I'll settle for a 2015-1st, Kadri and Frederick Gauthier (a centre prospect who plays for Rimouski).

Jedi Master
Date:

I can see why he would put the Devils on his list - that is probably one of the biggest mismatches of playing styles in the history of hockey.

And he got all of the other Canadian teams, plus the biggest bottom-feeders. Pretty decent list if that's accurate.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

So Spezza and his agent did a very smart thing - when he handed in his list of 10 teams he couldn't be traded to, he didn't put either the Leafs or Habs on there. Basically means 12 teams he can't be traded to instead.

Sports Illustrated has it as:

NY Isles, Devils, Preds, Flames, Oilers, Canucks, Jets, Sabres, Jackets, Panthers

If they were smarter they would have put teams out west instead of the Devils (as they don't have the trade chips to get a deal done) and Sabres (Division).

I almost hope that Toronto destroys their remaining prospect depth in overpaying for him.  

Pan
Alumni
Date:

True, but look back at the teeth-gnashing over "this is the third year of the rebuild so we should be making the playoffs" or "the rebuild is over now so we should be contending" or "how can we be worse now than at the start of the rebuild" and you'll see that the fan base wants the team to be rebuilt, but even faster than Leafers expect their team to do it.   Basically, I-want-changes-but-expect-the-playoffs-no-matter-what-and-I'm-the-customer-so-I'm-always-right mentality.   Everything, plus a pony.  Or in Sens fans case, a unicorn vomiting rainbows.

Pretty sure that was me. 

Jedi Master
Date:

So Spezza and his agent did a very smart thing - when he handed in his list of 10 teams he couldn't be traded to, he didn't put either the Leafs or Habs on there. Basically means 12 teams he can't be traded to instead.

Alumni
Date:

Unfortunately that section of the fan base is the most visibly vocal, and drives the rational ones insane.

I've got plenty of years under my belt as a Bills fan, I've learned to temper expectations.

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

Given a decent trade return and any improvement on D, I think the team could sneak into the playoffs as a wildcard. Even if they don't it'll only be 1, 2 at most, seasons of not making the playoffs.

True, but look back at the teeth-gnashing over "this is the third year of the rebuild so we should be making the playoffs" or "the rebuild is over now so we should be contending" or "how can we be worse now than at the start of the rebuild" and you'll see that the fan base wants the team to be rebuilt, but even faster than Leafers expect their team to do it.   Basically, I-want-changes-but-expect-the-playoffs-no-matter-what-and-I'm-the-customer-so-I'm-always-right mentality.   Everything, plus a pony.  Or in Sens fans case, a unicorn vomiting rainbows.

Alumni
Date:

Given a decent trade return and any improvement on D, I think the team could sneak into the playoffs as a wildcard. Even if they don't it'll only be 1, 2 at most, seasons of not making the playoffs.

And until somebody other than Brad May comes out and says it is a 100% budget thing, and is not "wanting out due to the pressure being all on him", then I still believe that it is damage control by Spezza's camp.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 58  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.