Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: 2024 IIHF WJC

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: 2024 IIHF WJC

I think the Bronze Medal Game had its own full bingo of "2 in 90 seconds".

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
ShanghaiSenator wrote:

I just finished watching Canada vs. Czechia. What a kick in the...I mean "what a disappointing result."

Canada played like crap in the first period and I thought I was watching a replay of the game against Sweden. But the second and third periods were much better. Late goal by Czechia...bad luck. I thought Canada was the better team but sometimes the winner takes nothing. 

I guess I will cheer for Team USA now. I have a Swedish friend here in Japan and if Sweden wins I will never hear the end of it. 

I'm guessing you are ok after all the doings over there yesterday?

Yes, I'm fine. The earthquake was about 400 km away so I only felt a little shaking. I didn't even know there had been one until I started getting messages asking if I was okay.

"Of course I'm okay! Why would I not be?"

Alumni
Date:

ShanghaiSenator wrote:

I just finished watching Canada vs. Czechia. What a kick in the...I mean "what a disappointing result."

Canada played like crap in the first period and I thought I was watching a replay of the game against Sweden. But the second and third periods were much better. Late goal by Czechia...bad luck. I thought Canada was the better team but sometimes the winner takes nothing. 

I guess I will cheer for Team USA now. I have a Swedish friend here in Japan and if Sweden wins I will never hear the end of it. 

I'm guessing you are ok after all the doings over there yesterday?

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

For a team that takes 329 minutes to score (LAT), scoring twice in ~6 minutes is a "twice in 90 seconds" dab.

Alumni
Date:

ShanghaiSenator wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Feels like CAN is staying in this more than in previous years (haven't had a meltdown of undisciplined penalties), but it's not looking good.

Not looking good at all. Sometimes you can just tell when it's not going to go. It's like trying to start a campfire with wet firewood. 

sweden's D is air tight. 

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Feels like CAN is staying in this more than in previous years (haven't had a meltdown of undisciplined penalties), but it's not looking good.

Not looking good at all. Sometimes you can just tell when it's not going to go. It's like trying to start a campfire with wet firewood. 

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

I love that will all the names that aren't spelled the way you'd expect based on how they sound…Geekie is **exactly** how you'd expect it to be spelled.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

do the sens have any prospects of note in this tourney?

I'm checking with my (retired) source to see if there's a good source for that info.

And voila: https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/news/world-juniors-prospects-2024-nhl-draft-picks-list-team/ccc47ec09fe5c37c1957303b#Senators

-- Edited by Cathy on Friday 29th of December 2023 02:14:39 PM

Alumni
Date:

Obligatory "Go SWE!"

Alumni
Date:

AYKM save by Canada's goalie. Ridiculous. 

I pulled a hammy just watching it. 

-- Edited by Russell on Friday 29th of December 2023 02:10:52 PM

Alumni
Date:

do the sens have any prospects of note in this tourney?

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:

The FINGER game was fun!

twss?

My Christmas gift to you, Russell.

I typed FINvsGER in another context and couldn't figure out why it looked funny, then I realized those abbreviations together made a real word.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

The FINGER game was fun!

twss?

Alumni
Date:

The FINGER game was fun!

Alumni
Date:

This schedule would be so much better if I lived on the east coast.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.