Remember Me  

Topic: Spam root cause may have been identified

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Spam root cause may have been identified

canuck wrote:

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience.  Finally got some time to review what the heck was going on and I believe I found the cause.  A somewhat recent update to the underlying forum provider added some new permissions and/or reset things so the forum was fully open to public posting.   I made a few changes including how new users are added.

Will see how this goes for a while and if it's still a problem, then there are lots of other options to enable (ex: new users must be approved first, etc.) -- which would be the next logical step.

sacre bleu!

Alumni
Date:

I have to say it’s nice to not come here twice a day and have to delete a half-dozen threads each time. Thanks C.

Alumni
Date:

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience.  Finally got some time to review what the heck was going on and I believe I found the cause.  A somewhat recent update to the underlying forum provider added some new permissions and/or reset things so the forum was fully open to public posting.   I made a few changes including how new users are added.

Will see how this goes for a while and if it's still a problem, then there are lots of other options to enable (ex: new users must be approved first, etc.) -- which would be the next logical step.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.