Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 72 - Lightning @ Sens - Thu Mar 22, 7:00pm

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 72 - Lightning @ Sens - Thu Mar 22, 7:00pm

SensKat wrote:

What do you suppose the penalty is for decapitation? Is that like a roughing major, or?

The head would be primary point of contact so major downgradeable with review?

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Homer, did you dab that 3/1 as a 2/1?

I don't even have the 2-on-1 square. Often ask about possible dabs for squares I don't even have. :/

Let me rephrase…Can I dab it?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

What do you suppose the penalty is for decapitation? Is that like a roughing major, or?

I'd assume it’s at least a 4 minute for drawing blood, unless everything was instantly cauterized.  

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I don't even have the 2-on-1 square. Often ask about possible dabs for squares I don't even have. :/

I’d say it must as it’s impossible to get to a 3 on 1 without going through. 2 on 1. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

I have a question. If a player is decapitated, but his helmet stays on the head, does that count as losing their lid?

murky.  I would vote no because the lid is still on, but I'm open to other interpretations

Would you agree the head is lost? Would then not anything attached to the head also be lost?

Just trying to play devil's advocate, I was leaning toward you interpretation as well.

I would say yes, but it would likely mean no bingo due to the rest of the game being cancelled.

I suppose it would depend on how late in the game it happened. 

This is the thread I’ve been waiting for all year. 

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Alumni
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

I have a question. If a player is decapitated, but his helmet stays on the head, does that count as losing their lid?

murky.  I would vote no because the lid is still on, but I'm open to other interpretations

Would you agree the head is lost? Would then not anything attached to the head also be lost?

Just trying to play devil's advocate, I was leaning toward you interpretation as well.

I would say yes, but it would likely mean no bingo due to the rest of the game being cancelled.

I suppose it would depend on how late in the game it happened. 

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Russell wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

This would be funnier if the sport didn't involved two dozen jumbo razor blades on the playing surface at any given time.

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I'm still waiting on an explanation for why Maroon got the 10

MJ's guess of failure to cease and desist seems likely. 

Alumni
Date:

Okay, I need to work rant.

Did I tell y'all about the coworker who basically lost us $1m is revenue? So she basically was demoted in late 2021 and I took over her job. In spring 2022, she realized that I was going to actually require her to work her FT job (she got away with only working 1-2 hours per day prior's to that. See above: LOST A MILLION DOLLARS.)

With that realization, she went crying to our boss that she just couldn't handle it and wanted to quit. So I've been doing her admin scut work on top of the actual financial analysis for almost a year now. In the meantime, she was kept on payroll to do nothing. She coordinated the holiday party in December.

I just found out she was hired by one of our vendors to literally do what she was doing when she lost the money. She's a commissions analyst at our primary master agent, meaning I'll have to work with her. Except she doesn't understand commissions, can't really do math, has no understanding of telecom, etc, etc, etc.

And she was likely hired on the recommendation of my boss.

furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious furious 

On the upside, when she inevitably ****s up one of our cases, I can now call her out like I call out any of vendors who do something stupid.

Kat…are you hiring??

Alumni
Date:

Hey, I have the chabot square!

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

F-Bomb! 

That could be a new square. F bomb on air. 

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

I'm still waiting on an explanation for why Maroon got the 10

I imagine he said something naughty. 

Alumni
Date:

WHO WANTS IT!?!?

«First  <  14 5 6 7 811  >  Last»  | Page of 11  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.