Date:

Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:

Cathy, your 'winter 101' questions are definitely a fun part of these threads!

Words do not exist for me to describe just how silly I feel asking these things. Thankfully everyone (in both my digital and real life) has been understanding. Entertained, sometimes profusely so, but understanding.

I mean I was worried about a power outage during the ice storm. My 4-decades of living in SoCal brain tells me to worry about the food in the fridge going bad. Nah, I could have just put everything out on the patio and it would have been good for days. 

Pretty sure I can FEEL the neural pathways rewriting themselves in my brain!

I think I'd be slightly paranoid about racoons taking the food on the patio.

I do have to have the conversation about outside food storage with my mom at Easter once in a while (e.g. it's 11C, no you can't keep stuff outside anymore!)

I don't know if raccoons are an issue around here, haven't seen one yet. And, strangely enough, I had more squirrels and rabbits (and coyotes) in my urban-but-next-to-a-flood-control-channel home in Irvine than my bordering-on-the-edge-of-near-ruraldom home in Vancouver.

We had a coyote in our yard today and raccoons are all over PNW - can be an issue when pet food left out 

or pets themselves. 

Oh man, probably another thing I'm going to hell for for laughing too hard.

coyotes love cats. they are like wings for them.  

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:

Words do not exist for me to describe just how silly I feel asking these things. Thankfully everyone (in both my digital and real life) has been understanding. Entertained, sometimes profusely so, but understanding.

I mean I was worried about a power outage during the ice storm. My 4-decades of living in SoCal brain tells me to worry about the food in the fridge going bad. Nah, I could have just put everything out on the patio and it would have been good for days. 

I do have to have the conversation about outside food storage with my mom at Easter once in a while (e.g. it's 11C, no you can't keep stuff outside anymore!)

I don't know if raccoons are an issue around here, haven't seen one yet. And, strangely enough, I had more squirrels and rabbits (and coyotes) in my urban-but-next-to-a-flood-control-channel home in Irvine than my bordering-on-the-edge-of-near-ruraldom home in Vancouver.

We had a coyote in our yard today and raccoons are all over PNW - can be an issue when pet food left out 

or pets themselves. 

Coyotes like pets and those guys are athletic as heck 

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:

or pets themselves. 

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Has this been very good Ottawa D and Goaltending or does Columbus stink

both

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

That takes serious skill to NOT put that in.

*on a tee*

TWSS

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Has this been very good Ottawa D and Goaltending or does Columbus stink

Alumni
Date:

Was about to say Lube but they went one crosscheck too far.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:

or pets themselves. 

Confident Fan
Date:

🤦‍♂️

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 3rd of January 2023 09:29:16 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:
Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:

Alumni
Date:

2-on-1 Sens

Alumni
Date:

That takes serious skill to NOT put that in.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:

I think that might be the first time I've seen the Rideau not frozen.

Noodle facts.

That's only about 3km from my place. 

Alumni
Date:

I wonder if Noodles will ever do Ottawa Bare Fax with Noodles. 

-- Edited by Russell on Tuesday 3rd of January 2023 09:27:23 PM

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Noodle facts.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Russell wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:

have you got your winter headlight fluid in?

evileye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-lFAduYgXs

a classic

Taken up a notch. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6GsXhBb10k

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

data_sprite12 wrote:
Cathy wrote:
data_sprite12 wrote:

«First  <  1 2 3 48  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.