Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
RE: Oilers - Jets Thread

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I'm particularly looking forward to the tomatoes ripening. There's nothing quite like a tomato fresh off the vine.

oh, I also bought a hanging basket of strawberries. mmmmmm

Yep, if you've only ever had grocery store tomatoes, you've never had a tomato.

There were TWO containers of strawberries in my box this week.

now I'm wondering where strawberry picking falls on Covid restrictions.....

Uncomfortably, allowed. I know fomite transmission isn't an issue but I did want to ask the farm, "The kids with the grubby hands have a separate area to pick from, yeah?"

I'm guessing under our latest "outdoor recreation allowed" model we might be allowed again here.... and by the time the fields are open, we'll be allowed gatherings of 10, but....  

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

I'm particularly looking forward to the tomatoes ripening. There's nothing quite like a tomato fresh off the vine.

Uncomfortably, allowed. I know fomite transmission isn't an issue but I did want to ask the farm, "The kids with the grubby hands have a separate area to pick from, yeah?"

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Lol, if we were playing bingo the two Oilers playing "the floor is lava" would have absolutely been a dab.

dammit, I missed it googling the local strawberry picking farms.

Might not know until a bit closer to the opening of the season what it looks like this year I guess.

Alumni
Date:

Lol, if we were playing bingo the two Oilers playing "the floor is lava" would have absolutely been a dab.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Wait a minute, I just realized they didn't only shrink the seat coverage banners...they replaced them too. They were blue in the regular season. 

Yeah, I'm quick tonight.

ooooh, good catch.  I didn't even notice that change.  Which is weird, because I commented a couple of times on how sharp the ones in Winnipeg looked compared to most.

Jedi Master
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Wait a minute, I just realized they didn't only shrink the seat coverage banners...they replaced them too. They were blue in the regular season. 

Yeah, I'm quick tonight.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Beware the squash! Pan was not aware of the propagation rate of zucchini (or cucumber, I don't exactly remember which).

Haha.  Oh, I'm well aware, no worries there.  Although I do wish I had room to plant some zucchini.

What baby plants did you end up getting?

So far I have tomatoes, peppers, carrots, beets, butter lettuce, dill, chives, and catnip.   I was hoping to find some candycane radishes, but didn't see any.  So I'll get these in and see how much space I have left before I head back out shopping.

Mmm, sounds yummy! I wish I had the space. I do get a CSA box of produce from a local farm every Friday so I'm not a complete heathen. 

I've done CSA boxes in the past as well, but generally the ones here are just too much food for one person to effectively use up.  Love the variety, just wish there was a bit LESS of it.  Especially around this time of year when it's mostly leafy greens.  One person can only eat so much lettuce....

The kale and spinach goes into breakfast. The romaine? Well, I've found a caesar dressing that actually tastes like a restaurant. And, you put enough dressing and parm on kale, that makes a decent caesar too!

Yeah, sometimes Thursday night rolls around and it's, "Crap, I need to eat a lot of produce in the next 12 hours to make room."

Literally got a head of cabbage the size of a bowling ball yesterday. Had to cut it into three pieces to fit in the fridge. And then there was that 18-month period where I'm positive there was a bunch of carrots in every. single. box. Oddly enough, the variety has increased during the pandemic. The farm also has a produce stand and I think they actually increased business — their main source of income is usually u-pick produce and farm tours. They don't grow everything themselves, they work with other farms in SoCal so I don't know if they have more sharing arrangements or actually planted more themselves but I'm enjoying it.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Beware the squash! Pan was not aware of the propagation rate of zucchini (or cucumber, I don't exactly remember which).

Haha.  Oh, I'm well aware, no worries there.  Although I do wish I had room to plant some zucchini.

So far I have tomatoes, peppers, carrots, beets, butter lettuce, dill, chives, and catnip.   I was hoping to find some candycane radishes, but didn't see any.  So I'll get these in and see how much space I have left before I head back out shopping.

Mmm, sounds yummy! I wish I had the space. I do get a CSA box of produce from a local farm every Friday so I'm not a complete heathen. 

I've done CSA boxes in the past as well, but generally the ones here are just too much food for one person to effectively use up.  Love the variety, just wish there was a bit LESS of it.  Especially around this time of year when it's mostly leafy greens.  One person can only eat so much lettuce....

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Copying Pan?

And yep - he got me onto this company, and I decided to give one a try

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Copying Pan?

Jedi Master
Date:

wow. SOG 17-7 for the Oilers in the first.

Jedi Master
Date:

spent my day assembling and filling this.  Now to put some plants in there!

R7V7JjSvYm6mv9E621JULfNITqr_RgIYsuBoNGo0

«First  <  14 5 6 7 815  >  Last»  | Page of 15  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.