Topic: Oilers - Jets Thread

Post Info
Jedi Master
Date:
RE: Oilers - Jets Thread

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

NBCSN showed it from another angle coming out of intermission. They also pointed out that Smith played the puck outside the trap. 

he did.  I always thought that the trapezoid was silly, and even more so now.  Just let them play the puck.

Goalies were taking advantage of the "you can't hit a goalie" rule too much when playing the puck in the corner. 

Sure, but that can be dealt with other ways

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

NBCSN showed it from another angle coming out of intermission. They also pointed out that Smith played the puck outside the trap. 

he did.  I always thought that the trapezoid was silly, and even more so now.  Just let them play the puck.

Goalies were taking advantage of the "you can't hit a goalie" rule too much when playing the puck in the corner. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

World's without the trap, and without all the ads,...the ice is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

Way back when, when they introduced 3-on-3 OT, it was a topic on the podcast and I make a suggestion that the trap doesn't exist for OT. That got an, "Oooooh, I like that." from Pan.

Well it was just ridiculous.  Putting in a change like that specifically to neutralize one player is stupid.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

World's without the trap, and without all the ads,...the ice is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

Way back when, when they introduced 3-on-3 OT, it was a topic on the podcast and I make a suggestion that the trap doesn't exist for OT. That got an, "Oooooh, I like that." from Pan.

Jedi Master
Date:

timeout

Alumni
Date:

Well, the 5G upgrade certainly didn't make me any smarter. 

I was hemming and hawing about relocating from the desk to bed but wasn't in the mood to split screen. Then I remembered...I have a second laptop. Duh! Video on work laptop, thread and bingo on personal, it's all good.

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

FCOL! I don't have the funny square either!

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Is Mike Smith shoving his way through all of the Jets players to get off the ice an LOL?

Apparently American broadcast producers have no sense of humor or no sense as to when humorous things will happen. I don't think we saw that.

edit: It sounds funny though.

-- Edited by Cathy on Friday 21st of May 2021 11:05:50 PM

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1395936388151922688?s=20

wtf??

I think it's funny, especially since the focus of the NBC broadcast during the scuffle was "Mike Smith has concussion history so he's sensitive to being bumped".

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Know what I really hate? when the numlock on my laptop keeps randomly turning off.

Laptops still have numlocks?

HZr8.gif

Jedi Master
Date:

I have no idea why that is blacked out

Jedi Master
Date:

Cathy wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Is Mike Smith shoving his way through all of the Jets players to get off the ice an LOL?

Apparently American broadcast producers have no sense of humor or no sense as to when humorous things will happen. I don't think we saw that.

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1395936388151922688?s=20

wtf??

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

Home team outshoot in 2nd. 

Game tied after 2

I feel comfortable stating, for the record, we successfully made v2 more challenging.

Jedi Master
Date:

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

You know it's going to be just our luck that this game will go to OT, right?

Probably, I'm distracted and didn't realize the live look-in to CAR-NSH was 2OT.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Know what I really hate? when the numlock on my laptop keeps randomly turning off.

Laptops still have numlocks?

Jedi Master
Date:

Jedi Master
Date:

You know it's going to be just our luck that this game will go to OT, right?

«First  <  19 10 11 12 1315  >  Last»  | Page of 15  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.