Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: Game 24- Flames @ Sens - Mon Mar 1, 7:00pm

Homer wrote:
SensKat wrote:

Sens score first

Anisimov. Slumpbuster. He was overdue. 

It was also a deviation. It was right off the shot, but was enough to fool the goalie. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

Any suggestions for the Mystery square in the next few games?

Tomorrow vs Habs. 

Then western trip vs Flames (could keep "a Tkackuk scores"

3 games vs Oilers

Keeping in mind that for the western games, should have something that can be checked in a game summary. 

for tomorrow "Habs have a long pre-game ceremony"

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Sens score first

Anisimov. Slumpbuster. He was overdue. 

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

SENS MILESTONES WITHIN REACH:

C. Brown – 10 assists from 100 

Sometimes the stats writers have a very generous definition of "within reach".

Jedi Master
Date:

Sens score first

Alumni
Date:

Any suggestions for the Mystery square in the next few games?

Tomorrow vs Habs. 

Then western trip vs Flames (could keep "a Tkackuk scores"

3 games vs Oilers

Keeping in mind that for the western games, should have something that can be checked in a game summary. 

Jedi Master
Date:

I haven't had to know anything relating to binary since College. I'm glad I don't have to think about that stuff regularly

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

Sens take first penalty. Dab it if you’ve got it.

Double click the "Sens get 1st PP" if you have it.   Guess which one I have. 

Is the double click working again? 'Cause I'm right there with ya, buddy.

yeah.  I'm not going to save the state of them on the card, so it's just as a helper while filling out the card. 

For the IT geeks, the card state is saved in the URL the the part below. 

board=IcstEqGNMLkfPimeKVlUDjXH&scored=4096&bname=Homer

board= value is the board layout (changes when you generate a new card)

scored= is the card state of where the dabs are.  It's a decimal representation of the binary value where B1 square is bit 0, O1 is bit 4, up to bit 24 for a total of 25 bits. 

A new card has a value of 4096.  The center square is in the 13th bit position so 1000000000000 in binary representation.  If you dab B1, binary value will be 1000000000001 and the URL will update scored= to 4097. Add a dab in N1 (1000000000101), scored value becomes 4101.

Adding a third cell state means using a base3 numbering system. I managed to get the URL updated ok, properly, but parsing it back to get the dabs in the right place is challenging. 

I'm giving the gray squares a value of 2, so gets ignored as a dabed and not dabbed square. 

bname= is of course the personalised name of the card. 

so we're going full scale geek tonight

lol, yup.  I hadn't taken a close look at how the board state was being kept until last week. I found it interesting. The only thing I had done with the URL before was add a name to personalise cards.  Counting to 12 in base3 (ternay or trinary), which I never looked at before. 

DecimalBase3

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

yeah.  I'm not going to save the state of them on the card, so it's just as a helper while filling out the card. 

scored= is the card state of where the dabs are.  It's a decimal representation of the binary value where B1 square is bit 0, O1 is bit 4, up to bit 24 for a total of 25 bits. 

A new card has a value of 4096.  The center square is in the 13th bit position so 1000000000000 in binary representation.  If you dab B1, binary value will be 1000000000001 and the URL will update scored= to 4097. Add a dab in N1 (1000000000101), scored value becomes 4101.

Adding a third cell state means using a base3 numbering system. I managed to get the URL updated ok, properly, but parsing it back to get the dabs in the right place is challenging. 

I'm giving the gray squares a value of 2, so gets ignored as a dabed and not dabbed square. 

twss

I got a little lost in the binary part, but the "helper function while playing, doesn't save to final card" part is good enough for me.

Yeah, there might be some humor in seeing how close people came if not for the dead squares but, for me at least, it's all about blocking the dead squares so I don't keep checking them all night. 

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:
Cathy wrote:
To quote a former co-worker from a different company, "Be careful what you do well in life." (My current workload craziness is self-inflicted because I pointed out an error...and then volunteered to fix it.)

You know what they say about volunteers.....they are the person who didn’t understand the question.  

Yep, Cathy can be really not smart sometimes. 

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Sens outshot in 1st.

Chabot had 7:48 icetime. 

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
Homer wrote:
Kardinal wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Sens outshot in 1st.

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
To quote a former co-worker from a different company, "Be careful what you do well in life." (My current workload craziness is self-inflicted because I pointed out an error...and then volunteered to fix it.)

You know what they say about volunteers.....they are the person who didn’t understand the question.  

Jedi Master
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Murray playing well....Sens giving the puck away in our zone well. One of these is a good thing, and it isn’t the latter.

Honestly they are lucky right now that the Flames seem to be off tonight as well.  This game could very easily already be out of hand.

Alumni
Date:

Murray playing well....Sens giving the puck away in our zone well. One of these is a good thing, and it isn’t the latter.

Confident Fan
Date:

NHL Network has Carolina at Florida on w fans in stands. I’m sure it’s a Covid distancing crowd and sadly it kinda looks like the crowds they were getting before this virus. Does that surprise anyone?

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
Cathy wrote:

My co-workers are really cramping my "clock out at 4pm" style. 

My card

I hear ya!  It's one thing that is good about being back in Eastern time this year - no more missing the start of games because I'm working!  Well..... at least not often.

The majority of my work is "independent study"...I talked to 3 co-workers on the phone today and emailed with another 5. We only have ~40 employees total! I don't usually communicate with this many co-workers in one week let alone one day.

Jedi Master
Date:

Murray is looking better tonight. Hopefully he can just stay steady.

«First  <  14 5 6 7 8  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.