Remember Me  

Topic: NHL is back with a 56 game season

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: NHL is back with a 56 game season

Will this be a tank season?

https://twitter.com/Pensans/status/1342899721661251590?s=20

Russell is gonna have to make an addition to his product offerings at Black Diamond Cat Trees. Or should it be Black Diamond Cat Tanks (TM)?

Alumni
Date:

Merry covid-free xmas, everyone. 

Alumni
Date:

Hockey will happen in Ontario for one simple, overriding-all-else reason: Rob Ford will never, EVER tell TML they can’t play in Toronto, because (a) he is a Conservative (pro-business), and (b) he wants to be re-elected by the rural Leafers who voted for him the first time (big cities didn’t vote for him).

Alumni
Date:

Cbinc wrote:

at last we can get rid of this damn "virtual pool"

NO WAY!

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

at last we can get rid of this damn "virtual pool"

Alumni
Date:

Full training camps will begin on Jan. 3.  The seven teams that did not participate in the 2019-20 Return to Play can open their training camps as early as Dec. 31. There will be no pre-season games.

Depending on the pandemic situation, I hope they mix it up for playoffs in rounds 1 and 2. Playing the same teams 9 or 10 times, then again in the playoffs will be exhausting.  If not, I wonder if they'll go with a 2-3-2 seven game round format. 

Alumni
Date:

NHL is back with a 56 game season stating Jan 13th. 

There will be 4 divisions each team playing only teams in their division 9 or 10 times.  When Canadian teams go on cross country trips, I wonder of they'll play back to back games in the same city to save on travel time and expenses.  I expect the 

American divisions will play other teams in their division 8 times.

I expect Ottawa to play Montreal and Toronto 10 times and the other teams 9 times. 

Calgary9
Edmonton9
Montreal10
Toronto10
Vancouver9
Winnipeg9

Total56

Playoffs will be a traditional 16 team, 4 round best of 7 format. No announcement on playoff qualifying rules or where games will be played the the border doesn't open up by end of season.   

nhl-divisions.jpg

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.