Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: The 2020 Play-in round

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: The 2020 Play-in round

I was prepared for Penguins, Toronto or Edmonton.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:

and..... the Rangers get the #1 pick. 

could be worse. 

lots

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

could be worse. 

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Omg Toronto lost. Anyone still have those "Happy Leaf's Elimination Day graphics?" Although if Toronto gets the 1 pick I will die a little inside.

just a little? 

Alumni
Date:

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 11.32.52 PM.png

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

Omg Toronto lost. Anyone still have those "Happy Leaf's Elimination Day graphics?" Although if Toronto gets the 1 pick I will die a little inside.

Alumni
Date:

Also to follow up to TJ I used to be the same as you. I was like, "if some people are ok with it then why bother changing?" Since the BLM movement I've kind of altered my opinion to, "can people just not approporiate other cultures for their sports teams? (Especially the ones our countries have genocided) just use something else." I would be fine if they kept their name but just made the logo a black... hawk. Eskimos and Redskins are changing. Like the Redskins, jfc how was this still a thing?

Alumni
Date:

Pretty sure either one of those will get Laf. Probably Pitts.

Jedi Master
Date:

Pittsburgh and Edmonton both eliminated tonight

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I also kind of thought it was ironic having a powerful anti-racism message with a team that still uses kind of a racist logo? (Chicago) also Montreal beat Pittspuke

You know I was going to say all kinds of flowery bullcrap about how the Chicago organization helps promote the tribes and gives money yada yada...then I read the history of this tribe and you're right.  How the Illinois militia wiped out that tribe that was starving in the 1800's is despicable - and how not everyone is down with that Blackhawk name was eye opening too.

Pittspuke losing is great but then it's the Habs beating them, hate em both. Pulling for Toronto because Ottawa owns Columbus 2nd round pick and if Jackets lose the pick is higher and of course the Leafs can't hold a 3 goal lead. Wonder how often that's happened recently??  We've got a lot of potential teams in line for Lafreniere that I can believe I won't be the only who hates it if they get it like Pitts-Edmonton-Toronto etc.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Image may contain: 2 people, text that says 'Canadians During NHL Playoffs Make A Call Shoot! "Screw You" No Goal F*ck Refs F**k s**t Damn It Canadians During Off Season Hit Them I'M SORRY" NO, YOU WERE NEXT PARDONM THANK YOU" EXCUSE ME" AFTER YOU" NO, AFTER YOU"'

Alumni
Date:

I also kind of thought it was ironic having a powerful anti-racism message with a team that still uses kind of a racist logo? (Chicago) also Montreal beat Pittspuke

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Watched about 10 minuets of the Oilers game and then ended up watching golf. August 1st, sunny, 30 degrees out. Just can't get interested.

Jedi Master
Date:

oh, Hurricanes won game 1 of their series with the Rangers.

McDavid (of course) puts the Oilers on the board first vs Chicago

Jedi Master
Date:

Immediately replaced by.... "seriously? Buble standing in an empty arena?"

Jedi Master
Date:

ok, so... I don't think a game pre-show has ever made me quite so emotional.  Powerful words.  

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.