Alumni
Date:
RE: Second Guess Corner

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Ask me about the Chara/Redden adventure. 

Good - Now we are getting somewhere 

Jason York says that Chara wanted to be the man with a max contract and to be Captain. Plus Chara had just been made to look slow vs. Buffalo in that disastrous loss in the playoffs. We all know the Captaincy wasn't going to happen w Alfie on hand. He was looking for more money than our boy Redden and with that owner (BryanMurray made the decision or Muckler w Melnyk?) in charge it's not surprising that Redden was picked to stay and Chara allowed to leave. What ever became of Chara? Is he in a beer league somewhere?

I know at the time I wanted Chara to stay he was one of the biggest reasons I became a Senators fan sitting on my couch in NorCal wondering which winning team I would throw my full support behind.  Redden at that minute looked like he still had plenty of good years ahead but I was gutted that Chara left even with the Cup run to follow the next season. The slow methodical drop in play started the next year even though Ottawa had like 10-1 start to the next season and was the best team ever!!! Till they weren't.

Russell you were doing a podcast and were on the ground there what really happened?

Dunno, I was drunk alot then.  

liar, I started listening to you're podcast right about this time. You were coherent and awesome as a podcast host.

then you must have been drunk.  

Tin foil filter

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Jason York says that Chara wanted to be the man with a max contract and to be Captain. Plus Chara had just been made to look slow vs. Buffalo in that disastrous loss in the playoffs. We all know the Captaincy wasn't going to happen w Alfie on hand. He was looking for more money than our boy Redden and with that owner (BryanMurray made the decision or Muckler w Melnyk?) in charge it's not surprising that Redden was picked to stay and Chara allowed to leave. What ever became of Chara? Is he in a beer league somewhere?

I know at the time I wanted Chara to stay he was one of the biggest reasons I became a Senators fan sitting on my couch in NorCal wondering which winning team I would throw my full support behind.  Redden at that minute looked like he still had plenty of good years ahead but I was gutted that Chara left even with the Cup run to follow the next season. The slow methodical drop in play started the next year even though Ottawa had like 10-1 start to the next season and was the best team ever!!! Till they weren't.

Russell you were doing a podcast and were on the ground there what really happened?

liar, I started listening to you're podcast right about this time. You were coherent and awesome as a podcast host.

then you must have been drunk.  

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:
matt-duchene-shrug.jpg
TJ it took me like an hour to find this.
tjlincoln wrote:

I wanna talk some hockey, I’m going stir crazy just watching futbol and reading Twitter and The Athletic.

Whoever wants to comment I want to know what you thought at the time and when you knew it was going completely wonky or a great move had been made.

I’m going to do one of these every few days, starting with my favorite the Matt Duchene trade:

Duchene to Ottawa for 2018 First Bo Byrum, Hamburglar, Turris to Nashville, Shane Bowers 1st in 2017 draft, and lastly 3rd round pick in 2019 Matthew Steinberg.  To say I was against this was an understatement because look what the heck they gave up for a guy who was there for just over a season.  He was awesome in his second season w the club but by then it was too late. Ottawa then traded him to Columbus for Abramov and Davidsson and a First in 2019 Lassi Thomson and the 46th overall pick in the 2nd round this draft whenever it happens.

I was against that first round pick and Turris for him because his Avs teammates were happy his butt went out the door, they were sick of him. Gotta admit that Dorian got quite a bit back for him in Thomson Abramov and whoever they get this draft.  It went wonky as soon as they returned from Sweden, who knew Hoffman’s girlfriend was crazy?!?  All the good players who made any money were gone and the promise of unparalleled success was born.

Always a winning post -- lol

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Me in March: omg no hockey I'm going to die. Me in June: yeah I actually don't really miss it anymore. Me now: OMFG WHEN IS THIS STAAAAARTING

It's been awesome so far - I'm pulling for Vancouver.  The play-in rounds have been compelling the crap that Boston-Tampa-Blues and Vegas have been doing is pointless and not compelling

Alumni
Date:

Spezza for Chiasson >:(

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

Russell wrote:

ask him about his love for Labbatt50

Alumni
Date:

Duchene is a good one.

Other top of minds are:  Mark Stone, Ben Bishop

Alumni
Date:

No, don’t ask him about that.

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

matt-duchene-shrug.jpg
TJ it took me like an hour to find this.
tjlincoln wrote:

I wanna talk some hockey, I’m going stir crazy just watching futbol and reading Twitter and The Athletic.

Whoever wants to comment I want to know what you thought at the time and when you knew it was going completely wonky or a great move had been made.

I’m going to do one of these every few days, starting with my favorite the Matt Duchene trade:

Duchene to Ottawa for 2018 First Bo Byrum, Hamburglar, Turris to Nashville, Shane Bowers 1st in 2017 draft, and lastly 3rd round pick in 2019 Matthew Steinberg.  To say I was against this was an understatement because look what the heck they gave up for a guy who was there for just over a season.  He was awesome in his second season w the club but by then it was too late. Ottawa then traded him to Columbus for Abramov and Davidsson and a First in 2019 Lassi Thomson and the 46th overall pick in the 2nd round this draft whenever it happens.

I was against that first round pick and Turris for him because his Avs teammates were happy his butt went out the door, they were sick of him. Gotta admit that Dorian got quite a bit back for him in Thomson Abramov and whoever they get this draft.  It went wonky as soon as they returned from Sweden, who knew Hoffman’s girlfriend was crazy?!?  All the good players who made any money were gone and the promise of unparalleled success was born.

Alumni
Date:

Me in March: omg no hockey I'm going to die. Me in June: yeah I actually don't really miss it anymore. Me now: OMFG WHEN IS THIS STAAAAARTING

Confident Fan
Date:

Not even a sympathy post from anybody, due to non-popular response we’ll just let this die after 15 viewings and no response.

Anyway wanna talk about the upcoming prospects in the draft??

Confident Fan
Date:

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.