Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Draft Lottery Night - Ottawa with 2 chances!!

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
Draft Lottery Night - Ottawa with 2 chances!!

Speaking of podcasts a podcast called “NHL Draft Class” has an interview that dropped this morning w Tim Stuetzle if anyone wants to listen to the Sens top prospect. That is unless Marco Sturm the ex Shark and Germany national player who works w the Kings talks RobBlake into taking him.

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Hilariously I just saw on the jets reddit that the number 1 spot was chosen for the spot the Jets finished at. If they lose vs. Calgary they'll have a 12.5% chance to get it 🤣

It’s crazy!! I subscribe to 100’s of sport and history podcasts and every radio host and podcast host of all 16 teams think they have a real shot at Lafreniere 

Alumni
Date:

Hilariously I just saw on the jets reddit that the number 1 spot was chosen for the spot the Jets finished at. If they lose vs. Calgary they'll have a 12.5% chance to get it 🤣

Alumni
Date:

I guess something that keeps me from utter dispair is that you can always ruin a top10 no matter how high you pick, and sometimes lower picked players can still be really great. I mean look at Buffalo good god, or Edmonton.

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

3 and 5 was the worst case scenario that I’d still be happy with.

I liked Stützle over Byfield and think long term he’ll be right there with Laff, so I’m happy with that. Keep him on the wing. Depending on what Detroit does (Perfetti?) I could see Quinn at number 5 being an option. Brown gets one more year to put it together.

I now hope the Laff goes to one of Vancouver, Minnesota, Winnipeg, Arizona, or Columbus. Hopefully Arizona as that removes a high pick from the Devils.

OK, I agree w you on Stutzle, then you lost me. Quinn at 5? Is that Byfield?  I would personally like Drysdale or Raymond and Perfetti at 5. But since I've seen absolutely nothing on tape on any of these guys except guys who played in the Junior tourney I really have no idea.  I did want Brady Tkachuk at 4 two years ago if that gives me any attaboys.

I think Detroit takes Perfetti, otherwise he’s a great pick at 5.

I think Drysdale, though best player available is redundant unless they are moving Brannstrom.  So if they are targeting a forward at 5, then I can see them taking Jack Quinn (local boy) as a two way, buzz saw sniper that you can put on the right side with Batherson opposite Tkachuk/Stützle to create matchup nightmares.

Late bloomer and rocketing up the draft boards.  Sounds like Pierre’s MO.

Listened to a podcast on The Athletic and Detroit centric since they are at 4 and wanted to get an idea of who the 2 guys on there thought.  One wanted Rossi and the other guy wanted Raymond this is after Ottawa takes Stutzle or Byfield.  I’d be happy with any of Raymond Perfetti Rossi and Drysdale at this point the way those 2 talked any of the 3 Forwards are highly talented guys. I don’t want Quinn myself I want one of those 4 preferably a forward at this time.

He compares Rossi to Braydon Point of Tampa both are 5’9’’

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

I definitely call shenanigans, didn't we also get 5th last year? .....

4th last year and Colorado took Dman Bo Byram who should make his debut either this coming regular season or the next year.  Ottawa was at #1 last year and fell as far as they could fall to 4.  Just like this year they fell as far as they could fall to 5.  I think by this time and Ottawa luck if they could fall out of the lottery they would, the stinking NHL time machine would never ever pick them.

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Sunday 28th of June 2020 07:48:21 PM

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

I liked Stützle over Byfield and think long term he’ll be right there with Laff, so I’m happy with that. Keep him on the wing. Depending on what Detroit does (Perfetti?) I could see Quinn at number 5 being an option. Brown gets one more year to put it together.

I now hope the Laff goes to one of Vancouver, Minnesota, Winnipeg, Arizona, or Columbus. Hopefully Arizona as that removes a high pick from the Devils.

OK, I agree w you on Stutzle, then you lost me. Quinn at 5? Is that Byfield?  I would personally like Drysdale or Raymond and Perfetti at 5. But since I've seen absolutely nothing on tape on any of these guys except guys who played in the Junior tourney I really have no idea.  I did want Brady Tkachuk at 4 two years ago if that gives me any attaboys.

I think Drysdale, though best player available is redundant unless they are moving Brannstrom.  So if they are targeting a forward at 5, then I can see them taking Jack Quinn (local boy) as a two way, buzz saw sniper that you can put on the right side with Batherson opposite Tkachuk/Stützle to create matchup nightmares.

Listened to a podcast on The Athletic and Detroit centric since they are at 4 and wanted to get an idea of who the 2 guys on there thought.  One wanted Rossi and the other guy wanted Raymond this is after Ottawa takes Stutzle or Byfield.  I’d be happy with any of Raymond Perfetti Rossi and Drysdale at this point the way those 2 talked any of the 3 Forwards are highly talented guys. I don’t want Quinn myself I want one of those 4 preferably a forward at this time.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

Alumni
Date:

I definitely call shenanigans, didn't we also get 5th last year? .....

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

How come they didn't show the lottery balls being picked?

Cause it's an extremely complicated process of choosing 4 numbers that coordinate with NASA in deep space and Ottawa for the Lafreniere pick had the most constellations for that 4th number, 4 shots and they still missed sorta like Condra would have missed. The team to be determined in the next millennia had one shot and they hit it.

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

I would love him out here in Vancouver, that would be awesome. Except that Vancouver has the same buzzards luck that Ottawa has in moving up in this draft process.  Both Van and Ottawa ALWAYS move down in the lottery and that's every year.

Confident Fan
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

ShanghaiSenator wrote:

The #1 pick would have been nice but you have to play the cards you're dealt.

Getting #3 and #5 overall is still pretty good. I think it's really good, actually.

It's far too early to say if this is good or bad. So let's just wait and see how it plays out.

Problem is I think the dealer was crooked.

Alumni
Date:

The #1 pick would have been nice but you have to play the cards you're dealt.

Getting #3 and #5 overall is still pretty good. I think it's really good, actually.

It's far too early to say if this is good or bad. So let's just wait and see how it plays out.

Alumni
Date:

How come they didn't show the lottery balls being picked?

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

From the RSU FB page:

Interesting twist of fate...

Ottawa is now the ONLY Canadian NHL team without a shot at Lafreniere. Who saw that coming?

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

So the Senators are still in line to have more bad luck if the Islanders get that overall no. 1 and then they don’t get that 3rd No. 1 pick.

Well, you're just full of good news. 

What do you expect? I live in the land of stupid people who think masks are more dangerous than the virus 

Alumni
Date:

SHENANIGANS!!!!!!

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

The look on Dorion's face when the picks were announced was classic. "WTF just happened?"

1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.