Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: NHL Draft 2019

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: NHL Draft 2019

Kardinal wrote:

“Someone” ranked him lower, while the only person to corectly pick all of the first 20 draft picks had him at 13......and happens to be the author of what many seem to define as “the” guide to the draft: Grant McCagg. Not as well known in the general public as media figures like Bob McKenzie, but well respected in the hockey world.

They sure got Chabot right, we'll see if they got Lassie right. It's a total crapshoot and I heard that interview w McCagg and was encouraged for sure.  The top of the 2nd round w Pinto is the one where it sure seems he could of moved back and picked Pinto I believe McCagg had him pegged in the 3rd round, could be wrong.  I'm not a scout I just listen to too many Button's and McKenzie's and Beich's who do scout these guys and they didn't have Pinto taken at 32 or near that.  Again, who really knows but Kaliyev and Brink were taken right after and if anyone remembers we'll be able to track their progress.  By the time we figure out good or bad I've forgotten.

Alumni
Date:

Over the weekend, I was trying to figure out Sens Twitter (I know, I know....what was I thinking??). For years, and all through last season, it was bitching about Melnyk being too visible, talking too much, etc. He stays away from the draft, where there is a ton of media and many chances to screw stuff up or say something stupid, and instead of celebrating the wise decision it’s another chance to rip on him but this time it is for not being in the public eye. Fickle doesn’t cover it. To quote Jim Rome, social media, especially Twitter, is just a cesspool of negativity. I agree, but would add that it’s also rarely rational.

Alumni
Date:

“Someone” ranked him lower, while the only person to corectly pick all of the first 20 draft picks had him at 13......and happens to be the author of what many seem to define as “the” guide to the draft: Grant McCagg. Not as well known in the general public as media figures like Bob McKenzie, but well respected in the hockey world.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:

So you use your 19th overall pick to take someone ranked 35 - 40. Then you use your 32nd overall pick someone ranked 45 - 50. Can't say I understand the logic. Maybe if I got really drunk it would make sense.

i tried that all last season. didn't work. 

This Seattle team can't start soon enough...

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:

So you use your 19th overall pick to take someone ranked 35 - 40. Then you use your 32nd overall pick someone ranked 45 - 50. Can't say I understand the logic. Maybe if I got really drunk it would make sense.

i tried that all last season. didn't work. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Shane Pinto the pick

Kaliyev and Brink taken right after, will be able to chart progress easy enough over the years

Confident Fan
Date:

They traded up for a Goalie Mads Sogaard, I doubt I live long enough to ever see him up playing w Ottawa

Confident Fan
Date:

Senior what’s that u said earlier about what they are doing

Confident Fan
Date:

Shane Pinto the pick

Confident Fan
Date:

Best players still available:

Arthur Kaliyev (proj. 11-23)
Bobby Brink (15-29)
Raphael Lavoie (17-31)
Pavel Dorofeyev (16-36)
Nils Hoglander (20-32)
Nicholas Robertson (21-37)
Matthew Robertson (22-44)
Patrik Puistola (27-50)
Egor Afanasyev (29-48)
Brett Leason (30-53)

Confident Fan
Date:

Carolina weaponized Cap space and picked up a conditional 1st round pick to take the terrible Marleau contract off the Laffs hands. For some reason SJ may take him back at vet minimum

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Whitehorse Yukon?!??!?!? That’s the frikkin North Pole

Just past it, actually.

twss

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

boring

TWSS

Confident Fan
Date:

Some guys who fell on McKenzie’s Board Brink, Kaliyev, Lavoie, and Vlasic all supposed to go high. Lavoie ranked 19, Pan thinks a trade is coming but if Lavoie is a top talent take him

Confident Fan
Date:

Good chance there at 32 for Ottawa

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:
SensKat wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
SensKat wrote:

And he plans to go back home next season. Great.

Don’t have to pay him then.  Genius?

I honestly thought I was starting to get over some of my bitterness until about 5 minutes ago....

Dumb and dumber strike again. Well one magic bean wasted.

Senior onto something??

Lassi Thomson draft rankings:

ISS: 38

Pronman: 42

Wheeler: 39

McKenzie: 30

Button: 57

McKeen's: 45

Future Considerations: 48

Hockey Analyst: 43

Confident Fan
Date:

What’s the big deal w being a Right handed Dman? Just get guys who can really play

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

ok, I'm bored of the draft. Think I'll go watch some paint dry or something.

This is why Twitter is so awesome u can read what all of Senators Twitter is saying between picks 😂😎

Confident Fan
Date:

Corey Pronman of The Athletic:

Team Fit: In Thomson, the Senators get a highly skilled and mobile puck-moving defenseman who was coveted by numerous NHL teams. I like the player. I don’t know if I would pick him at No. 19 but there were games I saw over the season where he absolutely looked the part of a player to pick at that slot. I might be biased, because I went out to watch Kelowna during one of his worst games of the season. I do appreciate the talent. In a deep Sens farm system, he’s a player who Ottawa can take its time with as he heads to Finland to play pro hockey.

1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.