Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: Game 25 - Sens @ something called Gritty - Tue Nov 27, 7:00pm

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: Game 25 - Sens @ something called Gritty - Tue Nov 27, 7:00pm

senior wrote:

After Peter Chiarelli was fired, a couple of TSN guys were discussing why Chiarelli failed in Edmonton. One of the things they discussed was how the Oilers drafted all these good young players and threw them out on the ice and basically it was sink or swim and ended up having a bunch of young guys getting their butts kicked ever night and just trying to survive.  He mentioned how Ottawa were playing a lot of young guys but that they had a group of veterans around them to help out and lead by example. So yes, the Sens do need to hang on to their veteran players or they could become the next Oilers.

Excellent post Senior, then the vet they gotta sign scores My Boy!!

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Pesky Sens.

Jedi Master
Date:

wait... they scored again?

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Resign Duchene already and we got Tkachuk and if Sakic gets Jack Hughes big deal we got Tkachuk

Then I’m brought back to earth and think we still got Melnyk 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

After Peter Chiarelli was fired, a couple of TSN guys were discussing why Chiarelli failed in Edmonton. One of the things they discussed was how the Oilers drafted all these good young players and threw them out on the ice and basically it was sink or swim and ended up having a bunch of young guys getting their butts kicked ever night and just trying to survive.  He mentioned how Ottawa were playing a lot of young guys but that they had a group of veterans around them to help out and lead by example. So yes, the Sens do need to hang on to their veteran players or they could become the next Oilers.

Confident Fan
Date:

Resign Duchene already and we got Tkachuk and if Sakic gets Jack Hughes big deal we got Tkachuk

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:

Hey, they scored

Tkachuk now over a point a game pace again, to think Sens fans blathered on and on about how he didn’t score in college yada yada and all I could think was he was a Tkachuk and these frikkin beasts don’t fail

Scores again!!!! AFrikkknMazing

Jedi Master
Date:

tie game!

Confident Fan
Date:

“Look what I found!!”

Jedi Master
Date:

Hey, they scored

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

The Lazar or "Oilers" effect. Chabot and White seem OK though.

Chabot is a special player. But no doubt his D zone work could use some help but there's no to be had. White is looking better, for sure. But this is going to be a long season for these young guys. 

thats why it’s so important to extend Duchene & Stone and trade Dzingoal for asessts.

If they can’t extend they got to trade all of them and then I’ll be ready for the Seattle Metropolitans to start

and Dorion will protect Ceci, leaving Chabot available in the expansion draft. 

Of course he will Chabot will be due a raise 

Confident Fan
Date:

Brent Burns plays D like BobbyRyan, not good

Jedi Master
Date:

You know... I realize I technically am one of them now, but some days I really hate Albertans.....

Just reading a post all about "how come the GM plant closing in Oshawa is all over the news, nobody covered it or talked about it when the oil slowdown happened and thousands of Albertans lost their jobs" SMDH

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Chabot is a special player. But no doubt his D zone work could use some help but there's no to be had. White is looking better, for sure. But this is going to be a long season for these young guys. 

thats why it’s so important to extend Duchene & Stone and trade Dzingoal for asessts.

If they can’t extend they got to trade all of them and then I’ll be ready for the Seattle Metropolitans to start

and Dorion will protect Ceci, leaving Chabot available in the expansion draft. 

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Alumni
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Chabot is a special player. No doubt his D zone work could use some help but there's none to be had. White is looking better, for sure. But this is going to be a long season for these young guys. 

-- Edited by Russell on Tuesday 27th of November 2018 08:49:44 PM

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Yeah sorry I started watching the Jets game as soon as it came on. Lol

Alumni
Date:

my biggest fear about this "rebuild" is that all these young kids are going to get ruined because they are up here too soon and getting thrashed every night. Lets call it the "Lazar" effect. its got to be hard on the confidence. 

«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.