Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

Russell wrote:

confirmed what i suspected; the sens have never moved up in the draft. not once. Sens typical.

It’s amazing Ottawa or Vancouver has never moved up

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Travis Green is going to be the new head coach

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Monday 6th of May 2024 07:36:07 PM

Can't say I think much of that news.

"best in class". hmm

Good players don't want to play here and good coaches don't want to coach here.

He will say all the right things, of course they all say all the right things to start. He had one good little stretch with the Canucks in the 2020 no fans in the arena playoffs if it hadn’t been for that set up, they would not have even made the playoffs, so truthfully, he has not really made the playoffs. He did have a terrible owner and an even worse GM, he did not have the horses so I don’t think that should be held against him, not making the playoffs. At the end of his run there he was warring with his players and the press. 

Plus, he did have to deal with basically the whole team had Covid at one point including him and his staff. He knows all about adversity he played for the leafs and he was a coach under Aquilini a close second to Eugene Melnyk on the worst owner in sports category

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 7th of May 2024 01:56:42 PM

I heard an interview with Frankie Corrado yesterday, who played for Green. He spoke glowingly of him and says he'll be just what the sens need. So, I'm less pessimistic now and more in a wait and see state. But, still can't say I'm "confident". 

I remember when he was the head coach of their top farm team and they were thinking about making a change or not at head coach and the major consideration was they did not want him to get away and take another job. So they fired the head coach and hired him. He was there for a while and again like I said he did not have help in the front office or from the ownership. It was a complete total cluster blank.

Alumni
Date:

confirmed what i suspected; the sens have never moved up in the draft. not once. Sens typical.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

"best in class". hmm

He will say all the right things, of course they all say all the right things to start. He had one good little stretch with the Canucks in the 2020 no fans in the arena playoffs if it hadn’t been for that set up, they would not have even made the playoffs, so truthfully, he has not really made the playoffs. He did have a terrible owner and an even worse GM, he did not have the horses so I don’t think that should be held against him, not making the playoffs. At the end of his run there he was warring with his players and the press. 

Plus, he did have to deal with basically the whole team had Covid at one point including him and his staff. He knows all about adversity he played for the leafs and he was a coach under Aquilini a close second to Eugene Melnyk on the worst owner in sports category

I heard an interview with Frankie Corrado yesterday, who played for Green. He spoke glowingly of him and says he'll be just what the sens need. So, I'm less pessimistic now and more in a wait and see state. But, still can't say I'm "confident". 

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

"best in class". hmm

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

"best in class". hmm

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

DAB!

OTT win = former player point for my ANA/OTT dual-card games. 

Still working on finding an upside for the rest of you… blankstare

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:
senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

"best in class". hmm

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

"best in class". hmm

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote: