Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
General Sens stuff.

Between Gustavsson in Minnesota and this with ex- Senators goal tenders. My God Dorian needed to be gone so much sooner

Seattle Times headline today

“The NHL’s latest darling? None other than Kraken goalie Joey Daccord”

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Russell wrote:
ShanghaiSenator wrote:
Russell wrote:

I don't want to pile on but I just heard DJ's interview on the radio in which he said he wouldn't change the way he coached the team. Uuummmmmm, 4 plus years of failure, the team is STILL in last place and you wouldn't change anything? That might explain a lot of things. 

I think it's pretty obvious by now that just changing coaches isn't going to do the trick. If a coaching change isn't going to work, the next logical step has to be changes to the roster.

It's pretty safe to assume that the playoffs are out of reach this season and that other teams' GMs will be approaching the Sens as the trade deadline approaches. So which players should we consider moving? Off the top of my head, I'll say that Tarasenko, Chabot, and (as much as I don't like to admit it) Giroux are prime candidates. As the playoffs draw close, contenders can get a little silly and overpay for what they think is "that one missing piece" that will put them over the top. It could be a good opportunity that will pay dividends in the future.

Any thoughts? 

Tarasenko is the obvious one. Big savings, likely won'y have to include anything to move him, maybe retain a bit of salary. I'd hate to see G go, they need him so much, but he might want out. Chabot, we need him. I want to see what some time under a real coach will do to him. Batherson being a winger is a maybe. Norris, needs to show drastic improvement but is a center. Kubalik, good riddance. 

Oh, and Brainstorm. he would be a good fit in someone's top four that needs a puck mover but does not fit as a 5-6 here. Flip him for a bigger, stay at home type. 

Staios and Poulin have their hands full and hiring a head coach is right up there in importance with this trade deadline. They have to get Pinto signed too before any of that too. Podcasters and others thought Kubalik would be productive, he needs to go back to Europe and suck. 

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:
ShanghaiSenator wrote:
Russell wrote:

I don't want to pile on but I just heard DJ's interview on the radio in which he said he wouldn't change the way he coached the team. Uuummmmmm, 4 plus years of failure, the team is STILL in last place and you wouldn't change anything? That might explain a lot of things. 

I think it's pretty obvious by now that just changing coaches isn't going to do the trick. If a coaching change isn't going to work, the next logical step has to be changes to the roster.

It's pretty safe to assume that the playoffs are out of reach this season and that other teams' GMs will be approaching the Sens as the trade deadline approaches. So which players should we consider moving? Off the top of my head, I'll say that Tarasenko, Chabot, and (as much as I don't like to admit it) Giroux are prime candidates. As the playoffs draw close, contenders can get a little silly and overpay for what they think is "that one missing piece" that will put them over the top. It could be a good opportunity that will pay dividends in the future.

Any thoughts? 

Tarasenko is the obvious one. Big savings, likely won'y have to include anything to move him, maybe retain a bit of salary. I'd hate to see G go, they need him so much, but he might want out. Chabot, we need him. I want to see what some time under a real coach will do to him. Batherson being a winger is a maybe. Norris, needs to show drastic improvement but is a center. Kubalik, good riddance. 

Oh, and Brainstorm. he would be a good fit in someone's top four that needs a puck mover but does not fit as a 5-6 here. Flip him for a bigger, stay at home type. 

Alumni
Date:

ShanghaiSenator wrote:
Russell wrote:

Any thoughts? 

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

Any thoughts? 

Confident Fan
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Staios now full time GM and Dave Poulin who is on the radio show there in Ottawa is now in the front office too. Poached away just like Pierre McGuire was

I just heard about this. Excellent news!

Looked up what he's done in front office of organizations.

Post-playing career

Poulin spent 10 years as head hockey coach at his alma mater, the University of Notre Dame. In 2004, Poulin was inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame.[1] On July 23, 2009, Toronto Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke introduced Poulin as the club's new Vice-President of Hockey Operations. In January 2013, Poulin began serving as the GM of the Toronto Marlies.

On July 22, 2014, the Maple Leafs announced that they had fired Poulin.[2] He has since joined TSN as a hockey analyst on radio and TV.[3] He is also a freelance contributor to the Toronto Star newspaper.

He also went undrafted as a player.

he specialized as a defensive forward when he played. This just in: They can use that.

He was captain of the Flyers I think he said. How effective of a player was he and if I remember right he was young when named Captain. I liked him on the radio/podcasts

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

Russell wrote:

Merry Xmas, all. Hope you all have a great day. Even you, CbInc. Enjoy the kittens. 

i would tell you to go pet a cat...but I think they are all here.

Alumni
Date:

Merry Xmas, all. Hope you all have a great day. Even you, CbInc. Enjoy the kittens. 

Attachments
Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Happy Festivus, everyone!

Grievances anyone? 

Alumni
Date:

Happy Festivus, everyone!

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

🤡🤦

Alumni
Date:

Zinfandel Expert
Date:

Homer wrote:

Alfredsson also joins Martin behind the bench as an assistant coach. 

How do we feel about this?  Coaches (head coach or assistant) are hired to be fired.  Average tenure is about 3 years. 

I do not like this. Martin..sure..Alfredsson?? nope...one day we will have to oust him...I don't want to do that.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Homer wrote:

How do we feel about this?  Coaches (head coach or assistant) are hired to be fired.  Average tenure is about 3 years. 

I've always had this concern about Alfie taking a coaching role. But right now, we need him. 

it sounds like he’s only gonna be there for this year

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:

I've always had this concern about Alfie taking a coaching role. But right now, we need him. 

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Now? NOW?!

The horse is on the next *continent* but let's go ahead and close the barn door NOW.

Elliotte Freidman -  his podcast got them to finally make a move

maybe 🤔 

its too late to save this season, but at least its a head start on next season. 

Not sure what Martin can do to fix the goal tending. Both our guys are near the bottom of league stats.

I predicted it today. Watch how their numbers get progressively better as the season goes along. A big part of the reason they've looked so bad is the chaos in front of them. As the team improves defensively, the goalies will settle down and play better/ gain confidence.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Now? NOW?!

The horse is on the next *continent* but let's go ahead and close the barn door NOW.

maybe 🤔 

Not sure what Martin can do to fix the goal tending. Both our guys are near the bottom of league stats.

Jedi Master
Date:

Homer wrote:

Imagine the uproar in the fan base if Alfie was to get fired?

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Now? NOW?!

maybe 🤔 

« First  <  Page 3  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.