Post Info
Pie Connoisseur
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

We still need a top 4 dman.

Alumni
Date:

WE GOT GIROUX!

Unreal! I might even pay more attn to the games this year instead of my bingo card. 

I can't say our top 6 is the best in the league, but I'll put them up against anyones and they'll give them a run for their money. 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:

Murray, a third and a 7th to the laffs for futures. Ottawa retains 25%.

as long as murray doesn't suddenly find his game again, this is another pretty good move by dorion. Will he use the money he's saved on a UFA? 

Giroud, your guys homie. 

Confident Fan
Date:

If Giroud becomes a Sen and they get a legit Dman they actually can be.....good???

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

Sens seem to be making some substantial moves this summer. Will it make the team better though?

It sure looks like we MIGHT be able to actually talk a bit about the games this year instead of all the games being only worth talking about bingo. Bingo is fine because it brings people here during the games but I'd like to talk about the games meaning something

Confident Fan
Date:

Gus for Talbot, trade. Talbot 35 and 32-12-4 last year. Had no idea he did that for Minnesota. Ottawa has their tandem now and they should be a lot better in goal. Now get a Dman. Oh yeah Murray is finally gone and to Toronto Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Alumni
Date:

Sens seem to be making some substantial moves this summer. Will it make the team better though?

Alumni
Date:

Homer wrote:
Russell wrote:

as long as murray doesn't suddenly find his game again, this is another pretty good move by dorion. Will he use the money he's saved on a UFA? 

I'm surprised trades for future considerations are still allowed.  It's usually ends up being a bag of pucks.  Blank pucks with nothing printed on them.  Why not just complete the trade and say you'll swap picks in the 4th round in 2025.

A goalie, 3rd, 7th and retain 25% in salary for basically nothing in return. A buyout would have cost $10M over 4 years and this costs $3.76M plus the picks. It's still an expensive fixing of a mistake when Toronto was in the market for a goalie. 

this is your NHL in 2022.

Alumni
Date:

Russell wrote:

I'm surprised trades for future considerations are still allowed.  It's usually ends up being a bag of pucks.  Blank pucks with nothing printed on them.  Why not just complete the trade and say you'll swap picks in the 4th round in 2025.

A goalie, 3rd, 7th and retain 25% in salary for basically nothing in return. A buyout would have cost $10M over 4 years and this costs $3.76M plus the picks. It's still an expensive fixing of a mistake when Toronto was in the market for a goalie. 

Alumni
Date:

Alumni
Date:

Senators place Colin White on waivers for buyout. This was somewhat expected, but it is still good to see the team doing the right thing for them and the player.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:
senior wrote:

Alfie named to to 2022 Hockey Hall of Fame. About time. Congrats Alfie!

Fascinating timing that this finally happens once Melnyk is gone

Said the same thing to Kards today. Beyond that, there's been good news around the Sens in the last 2 months than there was for four years before that. All co-incidental, I'm sure. 

Confident Fan
Date:

It’s a great class of Swedes and Luongo, great job this year. The Sedins and Alfie all gold medalists and now all HOFers.

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:
senior wrote:

It’s awesome news!!! So happy that it happened and I bet a billion dollars he’ll be back in the organization in some way soon. Him and Phillips etc. the smell in that org. is quickly going away 

Jedi Master
Date:

senior wrote:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Alfie to the hall. 

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/behind-the-campaign-to-get-former-ottawa-senators-great-daniel-alfredsson-into-the-hockey-hall-of-fame-1.5948517

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

A very interesting article. Confirms a lot of what I had heard and thought.

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Kevin-Francis/The-real-story-behind-the-Pierre-McGuire-firing/294/117488

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:

Apparently Pierre McGuire has been fired by the Sens. Not sure why he was ever there.                            y

Dorians first move of the summer is to fire the guy who may have replaced him at one time. Self preservation at its finest. 

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Apparently Pierre McGuire has been fired by the Sens. Not sure why he was ever there.                            y

« First  <  Page 3  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.