Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Confident Fan
Date:
General Sens stuff.

Elliot Friedman just said that Matt Murray is going to be put on waivers, no one will even dream of picking that up so off to Belleville he goes

Alumni
Date:

More details about the Olympic exit clause, also from The Athletic podcast...

Jan 10, 2022 is the deadline to decide

Two Canadian rosters are being built (I'd assume that's the case for all countries with heavy NHL presence but it' a Canadian podcast); Doug Armstrong is running the NHL-based roster (and will cease Olympic prep/participation if the NHL pulls the eject lever), Hockey Canada is running the non-NHL roster and someone else will handle the GM duties.

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Phaneuf officially retiring, I’m sure just about all of us on here would say before he became a Senator weren’t fans of his in any way. He showed on and off the ice that he was a class act and I was happy they had him especially during the 2017 Conference finals run. Ian Mendes put out a quick post about how the Sens needed room in a restaurant and they had to move some regular patrons and Dion came over and thanked them and paid for their dinner and drinks. Class act

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Tuesday 16th of November 2021 02:18:05 PM

For this one day only,

" DON'T SUCK IT, PHANEUF!"

The only problem I had with Phaneuf is when he refused to waive his no movement clause for the Vegas draft and we ended up losing Mark Methot. Then got traded to LA for peanuts. Besides that, I became a fan. He wasn't the best Dman we had but played hard every game and was a leader on and off the ice. Something this team sorely misses.

Vegas was no how no way taking him. You’re right 

Jedi Master
Date:

Russell wrote:
SensKat wrote:

The Sens have been approved to resume practice tomorrow, and return to play on Monday. No more new covid cases.

Whats the status of the players who were on protocol? all ready to return?

All except 2, I think

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

The Sens have been approved to resume practice tomorrow, and return to play on Monday. No more new covid cases.

Whats the status of the players who were on protocol? all ready to return?

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Phaneuf officially retiring, I’m sure just about all of us on here would say before he became a Senator weren’t fans of his in any way. He showed on and off the ice that he was a class act and I was happy they had him especially during the 2017 Conference finals run. Ian Mendes put out a quick post about how the Sens needed room in a restaurant and they had to move some regular patrons and Dion came over and thanked them and paid for their dinner and drinks. Class act

For this one day only,

The only problem I had with Phaneuf is when he refused to waive his no movement clause for the Vegas draft and we ended up losing Mark Methot. Then got traded to LA for peanuts. Besides that, I became a fan. He wasn't the best Dman we had but played hard every game and was a leader on and off the ice. Something this team sorely misses.

SUCK IT, SENIOR!

Jedi Master
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

For this one day only,

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:

Just heard this on The Athletic podcast...there's an out clause related to the Covid postponements and the Olympics. If postponements jack up the season too much, the NHL can pull the plug on players going to Beijing.

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but I haven't seen mention of that before now. And that explains a TON. Even though ownership doesn't want the players to go, I have to imagine they at least have the foresight to realize needing to pull the plug at the last minute will enrage the players. On top of the financial and business reasons we've speculated about.

had no heard that until now. 

Alumni
Date:

Just heard this on The Athletic podcast...there's an out clause related to the Covid postponements and the Olympics. If postponements jack up the season too much, the NHL can pull the plug on players going to Beijing.

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but I haven't seen mention of that before now. And that explains a TON. Even though ownership doesn't want the players to go, I have to imagine they at least have the foresight to realize needing to pull the plug at the last minute will enrage the players. On top of the financial and business reasons we've speculated about.

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

For this one day only,

Alumni
Date:

I was just thinking the same when I saw Phaneuf was retiring. He always seemed like a genuinely nice person. I liked him when he played for us.

Confident Fan
Date:

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Homer wrote:
Cathy wrote:
senior wrote:
Cathy wrote:
senior wrote:

The NHL has postponed the Sens next 3 games. Better late than never.     

I wonder what the rest of the story is, I don't buy that Bettman just woke up this morning and thought this was suddenly a good idea.

I think there are three scenarios: 1) a past opponent has now tested positive; 2) a future opponent said, "AYFKM? No, we won't play them!"; 3) the Sens finally articulated the "this is a joke, we have 1/3 a roster" in a way that activated the financial preservation center of Bettman's brain. 

edit: #4, someone thought there was a better than 50% chance the team wouldn't be allowed back in the country on Wed.

-- Edited by Cathy on Monday 15th of November 2021 03:04:48 PM

I've read a couple of posts other places that travel problems is the reason.

Same.

And while they could maybe(?) swing an exception, the optics on that would be REALLY bad.

If breakouts happen on the teams the Sens recently played, the league is gonna have some explaining to do. 

I wonder if the NHLPA also made a call to Bettman.

Apparently Meldink called Butman on the weekend and expressed his displeasure with the league not postponing the weekend games. The Sens only have 8 players left in Belleville.

Alumni
Date:

by the way, spotted this just now in game threads. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 8.00.32 PM.png

Attachments
Alumni
Date:

one point that was brought up is that there are many teams in the league that couldn't have done what Ottawa's had to do because they don't have the cap space to call up 15 players. Ottawa did so, F them, let them play. 

Alumni
Date:

senior wrote:
Cathy wrote:
senior wrote:

I wonder what the rest of the story is, I don't buy that Bettman just woke up this morning and thought this was suddenly a good idea.

I think there are three scenarios: 1) a past opponent has now tested positive; 2) a future opponent said, "AYFKM? No, we won't play them!"; 3) the Sens finally articulated the "this is a joke, we have 1/3 a roster" in a way that activated the financial preservation center of Bettman's brain. 

edit: #4, someone thought there was a better than 50% chance the team wouldn't be allowed back in the country on Wed.

maybe they wanted to get the Calgary and LA games in because they were already out here.

Alumni
Date:

SensKat wrote:

It's about damn time.

TWSS

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

RUSSELL!!!!!! Tim Peel is on Wally and Methot podcast today, must listen? 🤣

MUST STICK ICE PICKS IN MY EARDRUMS!

Alumni
Date:

Cathy wrote:
senior wrote:
Cathy wrote:
senior wrote:

Same.

And while they could maybe(?) swing an exception, the optics on that would be REALLY bad.

If breakouts happen on the teams the Sens recently played, the league is gonna have some explaining to do. 

I wonder if the NHLPA also made a call to Bettman.

Page 1  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.