Remember Me  

Topic: General Sens stuff.

Post Info
Alumni
Date:
RE: General Sens stuff.

tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

"The Ottawa Senators announced today that the team has acquired forward Dylan Gambrell from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for the Sharks' original 2022 seventh-round draft pick that the Senators had acquired on Jan. 27, 2021, in exchange for defenceman Christian Jaros."

Cathy, tj, any thoughts? You see SJ a lot more than we do. 

A disappointment that’s why he was with the SanJose Barracuda instead of the Sharkies. 2nd round pick in 16, he’s just a guy and a 7th is fair for a JAG

but, then why would the sens want him?

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

"The Ottawa Senators announced today that the team has acquired forward Dylan Gambrell from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for the Sharks' original 2022 seventh-round draft pick that the Senators had acquired on Jan. 27, 2021, in exchange for defenceman Christian Jaros."

A disappointment that’s why he was with the SanJose Barracuda instead of the Sharkies. 2nd round pick in 16, he’s just a guy and a 7th is fair for a JAG

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

SensKat wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:

Brannstrom trade rumors

“But the Senators do recognize his talent, and they will ask real value from teams calling about him“

Yet they won’t play him anymore, hopefully there’s a bunch of front offices who don’t read or listen to Freidman and Johnston. He can’t play for a non playoff club but yeah we want real value for him makes no damn sense to me

But he's going to make us forget all about Karlsson!

lol, yup 

Just like Tyler Boucher is going to make us never think they shoulda taken Cole Sillinger whose already playing very well for an 18-19 year old in Columbus and who went right after Boucher. Sillinger has more points in less games in the NHL than Boucher does in college. 

Jedi Master
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:

Brannstrom trade rumors

“But the Senators do recognize his talent, and they will ask real value from teams calling about him“

Yet they won’t play him anymore, hopefully there’s a bunch of front offices who don’t read or listen to Freidman and Johnston. He can’t play for a non playoff club but yeah we want real value for him makes no damn sense to me

But he's going to make us forget all about Karlsson!

Confident Fan
Date:

Brannstrom trade rumors

Confident Fan
Date:

Spezzial-Delivery wrote:

When we signed Tkachuk on Wednesday I had a faint glimmer of hope. Don't blow this Euge! I refuse to get another named jersey until this is a pattern, not a one-off.

That’s Chabot, White, Batherson and now Tkahuck signed to long term contracts and only White is a bit of an albatross. Now don’t get me wrong I can’t stand Melnyk but in these cases he’s stepped up. Depending on Stutzle and Sanderson who I think may be real stars we’ll see what they are willing to do. Plus Norris is now trending as a could be maybe star too.

Alumni
Date:

When we signed Tkachuk on Wednesday I had a faint glimmer of hope. Don't blow this Euge! I refuse to get another named jersey until this is a pattern, not a one-off.

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:

Tkachuk and Chabot combined salaries in:

2023-24: $18.5M
2024-26: $22.5M
2026-27: $18.5M

With Stützle, Norris, and Pinto needing contracts by then I don’t see both of those guys on the team past 2023. I’d guess that Chabot goes with Sanderson filling in. Unless the Eug finally sells…

First, great news. 

But this was actually the easy contract because they were a cap floor team. Now, we'll see how serious euge is about unparalleled success when they other need their big contracts. Will he pay them, or just start cycling players out again.  Sanderson will be a big ticket as well, soon enough. 

Sanderson will be a super duper star

Alumni
Date:

Agent Orange wrote:

With Stützle, Norris, and Pinto needing contracts by then I don’t see both of those guys on the team past 2023. I’d guess that Chabot goes with Sanderson filling in. Unless the Eug finally sells…

First, great news. 

But this was actually the easy contract because they were a cap floor team. Now, we'll see how serious euge is about unparalleled success when they other need their big contracts. Will he pay them, or just start cycling players out again.  Sanderson will be a big ticket as well, soon enough. 

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

senior wrote:
senior wrote:

So apparently with less than a hour til the deadline, the Sens are still under the salary cap floor.

They barely made it by calling up Parker Kelly.

Sheesh, lots of drama heading into the season. This doesn't bode well at all if you want to have a winning season. Hopefully if they screw the season all up they don't pass in the first round on a player like Sillinger again.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

senior wrote:

So apparently with less than a hour til the deadline, the Sens are still under the salary cap floor.

They barely made it by calling up Parker Kelly.

Pie Connoisseur
Date:

Alumni
Date:

tjlincoln wrote:
Homer wrote:

Pre-season is over. Sens 1st game is Thursday Oct 14th vs Toronto. Why do we always start against Toronto?

Ontario has lifted capacity restrictions for indoor major sports teams.  

Proof of vaccination will be required to attend.

That'll be a nightmare for crowds to get into the building to check +18k vaccination receipts. At this time, that means no kids under 12 will be allowed to attend since they can't get the vaccine yet. 

Even with these extra measures and being vaccinated, I wouldn't feel comfortable attending a game with the delta variant still spreading.

I've been working from home, so wearing a mask is only for short periods of time when going to stores. Wearing one for 3-3.5 hours between the time you lineup to get in and leave the building doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy.

I wear a mask when I have to and I have to get groceries or go to other stores, but I don't have to attend a game. 

Good points Homer, I’ve flown a few times since first of August and it’s kinda frustrating having that mask 😷 on all the time. When I’m in grocery stores going up and down ladders etc it’s really noticeable having a mask on and huffing into it. You do get used to it though. 

I still don't feel comfortable around 18 people, much less 18,000.

Confident Fan
Date:

Homer wrote:

Pre-season is over. Sens 1st game is Thursday Oct 14th vs Toronto. Why do we always start against Toronto?

That'll be a nightmare for crowds to get into the building to check +18k vaccination receipts. At this time, that means no kids under 12 will be allowed to attend since they can't get the vaccine yet. 

Even with these extra measures and being vaccinated, I wouldn't feel comfortable attending a game with the delta variant still spreading.

I've been working from home, so wearing a mask is only for short periods of time when going to stores. Wearing one for 3-3.5 hours between the time you lineup to get in and leave the building doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy.

I wear a mask when I have to and I have to get groceries or go to other stores, but I don't have to attend a game. 

Good points Homer, I’ve flown a few times since first of August and it’s kinda frustrating having that mask 😷 on all the time. When I’m in grocery stores going up and down ladders etc it’s really noticeable having a mask on and huffing into it. You do get used to it though. 

Alumni
Date:

Also they only got clearance to go to full capacity on Friday.  How many season tickets did they sell?  Did they sell their regular amount and told people you might not be able to attend all the games?  That they might get split between other season ticket holders?  That might still be the case depending on how things go with the pandemic.

Alumni
Date:

Confident Fan
Date:

Kardinal wrote:

Grieg gets a 2 game suspension (1 pre-season, 1 regular season) for his cross-check to the face of Pierre Luc Dubois (acquired from CBJ in trade for Laine).

Third straight season Greig has been suspended because of bad hits. Chris Neil was a fighter and enforcer and he was never suspended. Greig needs a bit of tutoring so he can stay on the ice and not get a bad rep w the officials, even before his NHL career starts 

Confident Fan
Date:

Russell wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
tjlincoln wrote:
Russell wrote:

Logan brown era over. traded to St.Louis for some under-achiever. 

Zach Sanford disagrees 

LW - 66 points in 170 games past 3 seasons. 2nd round pick by Caps in 13. He also brings a Cup winner into the room that’s always super important 🤣🤣

-- Edited by tjlincoln on Sunday 26th of September 2021 12:26:22 PM

Yes, but I read some unflattering things about him from the St.Louis guy on The Athletic. Big body but won't use it, even got benched at one point last year. says he's not skilled enough to be top 6, but skill set doesn't fit well in bottom 6. I guess we'll see. 

Yeah, I’m expecting next to nothing from him, the guys from The Athletic are usually spot on. If Smith gives up on Brannstrom for his dependence on “Big Bodies” on D then I gotta wonder what Dorian thinks because Brannstrom was his dude. Smith has his type of guy but he hasn’t won anything to keep a closed mind on players. 

Page 1  >   Last »  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.